• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

2010 trip

Socko33

Reaction score
I will be booking my first vacations soon and am curious about which year points come from.

If I want to book at trip for Jan/Feb 2010 in Summer 2009, can I use my 2009 points?

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I will be booking my first vacations soon and am curious about which year points come from.

If I want to book at trip for Jan/Feb 2010 in Summer 2009, can I use my 2009 points?

Points usage is based on the use year, (when the reservation is for) NOT the booking year (when the reservation is made).

Your 2009 points must be used in 2009.

However you can pay to deposit your 2009 points into your 2010 use year for a $69 fee, and then you can use them for your 2010 booking. If you have no plans to use your 2009 points then depositing them would be a good idea.

Socko33

Reaction score
Thanks!

Thanks for the clarification.

unfortunately the 2009 points have been rescued from 2008 so I will have to use them this year

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification.

unfortunately the 2009 points have been rescued from 2008 so I will have to use them this year

Yes, that's correct. As well rescued points can used at Hilton developed clubs, i.e. Vegas, Orlando, Hawaii (except Bay Club).

Socko33

Reaction score
Cabo?

So I am not allowed to use my rescued points at Fiesta Americana in Los Cabo Mexico?

topdog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bay club rescue points?

I'm in the process of buying an 2 bedroom EOY even years unit at Bay Club, and converting to HGVC points, if it passes ROFR. I noticed a comment on this thread that Bay Club was different re rescue points? Does this mean you can't use rescue points to go there, or that Bay Club points can't be rescued? What's up with that?

Also, we would like to go to any HGVC in Waikoloa, Hawaii in Feb-March 2010. I'm thinking of taking a big chance waiting until club season, as we only need a 1 bedroom, and any Hilton resort in Waikoloa would do. But, with all the other HGVC resorts eligible during club season, should I just go ahead and book a 2 bedroom at Bay Club during home season to be sure I'll get something there?

I've read here before that Bay club is usually available at least early in club season; are the others usually available at 9 months as well?

jestme

Reaction score
I believe the Waikoloa has 2 BR units exclusively. If you are looking for a 1BR, The Bay Club is the only option.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
... the 2009 points have been rescued from 2008, so I will have to use them this year

I'd be curious to know the HGVC position on this, but it could be argued that rescued points can be deposited to RCI for the following two years, based on this language in the Member's Guide: "Members may deposit current year ClubPoints or previously deposited Clubpoints into the RCI Exchange Program..."
(Page 143, emphasis added)

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Yes but it states that rescued points must be used for an HGVC specific resort, so I think that would rule out a RCI deposit.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Yes, that's correct. As well rescued points can used at Hilton developed clubs, i.e. Vegas, Orlando, Hawaii (except Bay Club).

Looks like the rule may have changed.

In the 2008 guide it states "You may opt to rescue any or all of your 2008 ClubPoints. Rescued ClubPoints are valid for reservations at Club affiliated resorts during the Club reservation window from the date of rescue through December 31, 2009" (see page 136)

In the 2009 membership guide, it states that "Rescue any or all of your 2009 ClubPoints. Rescued ClubPoints are valid for reservations at Club Resorts during the Club reservation window from the date of rescue through December 21, 2010" (see page 13). On page 35, Club Resorts is defined as being all club affiliated resorts.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
I'd be curious to know the HGVC position on this, but it could be argued that rescued points can be deposited to RCI for the following two years, based on this language in the Member's Guide: "Members may deposit current year ClubPoints or previously deposited Clubpoints into the RCI Exchange Program..."
(Page 143, emphasis added)

Normally "deposited" refers to ClubPoints banked a year in advance (unless it states rescued points). For example see page 13.