• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2010] SVC Membership Card question

JDHPE

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Waikoloa: Ocean Tower,
Kohala Suites + Kings' Land;
Wyndham
We just received our Shell membership cards. They look great, but nothing in the correspondence about needing to show them at check-in.

Any SVC members have advice on if we should carry these on our vacation for check-in or discounts or anything else? (Our HGVC cards are good for a small discount in the on-site shop, so we try to remember to bring them on vacation.)

Thanks!

shellboy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you buy your Shell points resale? or from the developer?

We bought ours resale and never received membership cards but it has never been a problem. Not sure what value the cards have.

JDHPE

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Waikoloa: Ocean Tower,
Kohala Suites + Kings' Land;
Wyndham
Did you buy your Shell points resale? or from the developer?

We bought ours resale and never received membership cards but it has never been a problem. Not sure what value the cards have.

We have recently closed on two SVC resales (found both through the TUG Marketplace). So far, we have received membership cards on one of them. It was the second one to close, so based on your experience, we may not get cards for the first one. :shrug:

Glad to hear they are not required. Thanks for your info!

Rumpled

Reaction score
A benefit that we were told of the membership card (we bought from SVC :hysterical: ) is that you get free day use at SVC properties.
We haven't done that yet, but if we happen to be near a SVC and not staying in it; apparently we can.
I only see that as a benefit if you live real close to one and want to use the pool etc.
We live real close to Anaheim and would never want to use that for the day - Vino Bello, maybe. But, if I found myself near Vino Bello; it's because I'm staying there already.

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
SVC Card

I've never used my SVC cards for anything. You absolutely don't need them to check in, etc. We've used the lounge at the Donatello when not staying there and technically you should show your card, but I've never been asked. I've just signed in as an SVC owner.

Rumpled

Reaction score
I can confirm that a Shell card will get one day use at Shell resorts when not staying there.
Recently we went to the Legacy in Phoenix and saw a lot of people use the pool in the afternoons that were locals.
We took a side trip to Tucson to look at the Starr Pass Resort. We handed over our membership card and were given a key to the pool and recreation areas.
Saw a few day use people there as well.
At Starr Pass they even had a sign on the check-in counter on the process to get an annual key for day use there.

We also stopped by at Orange Tree Golf Resort and were given a short tour of a unit and day use at the pool.

I don't know of any discounts or anything else a card gets you.

I'm sure if you don't have a card, you could call and get a new one.
I'm going to do that later today because I can't even read all the numbers on mine and the wife lost hers.

Mickey Moe

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have used our SVC card for discounts at area restaurants that offer discounts to resort members.

This was during our stay at Carriage Hills in Ontario, Canada.