• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2010] Ebay Seller - Sumday Vacations – Jeff Brown

dwmantz

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I must say, I’ve never had such a quick and fair response to a problem with a timeshare purchase. So much so, that I find it necessary to document that response for the public. This was not my first purchase from Sumday Vacations, but all others have been smooth, and completed without issue. Regardless, because of my not fully reading the add and the deed, I didn’t notice that I was purchasing something a little different then what I thought it was – a Spinnaker Resort Flexible Ownership Program 2BR week instead of a floating week at just one of their resorts. Immediately after finding this out from the Resort, I emailed Sumday and they responded in a matter of hours. We exchanged details and ideas and they offered a full refund if I would keep the week as the closing was nearly finished. My wife and I thought this fair and generous and accepted the offer. A check was mailed to us the same day. Jeff went out of his way to help. Not only would we do business again with him, but would recommend and commend Sumday Vacations to everyone! Rev’s David W. and Sandra B. Mantz

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Yes, I consider Sumday to be one of the better companies. I bid on an auction, told them I changed my mind, and they were very nice. I picked another timeshare they had that I wanted (RCI Points). I was extremely satisfied and impressed.

Closing was fast, they didn't charge $499 like some of the others, and talking to them on the phone is a pleasure. Something else.....they knew who I was.

klynn

TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought from Sumday a few years ago and was very happy with the transaction. I would buy from them again.

yumdrey

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought a Hilton TS from Sumday vacations. Everything went very smoothe and fast. For each status of closing, they notified me immediately. Closing was done in a month including ROFR process.
After the auction was done, I requested them to verify the account info to make sure all the auction info was accurate (before payment) and they allowed me to talk to owners and sent me estoppel letter as well.
I would not hesitate to buy more TS from them again.

pkyorkbeach

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a nice company to deal with. Smooth transactions all around...

:cheer: :cheer:

jdunn1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to add my comments about sumday. I purchased a platinum Marriott week in Branson that was also a lock off. The price I paid was more than fair and the service from sumday was beyond excellent. This was my first timeshare purchase, other than a DVC purchase and the staff at sumday walked me through everything. I was a little apprehensive about not using a closing company but the staff at sumday processed everything so quick, there was never any time to worry about it. It only took about a month from the time I paid for the timeshare to being in the Marriott and II systems. Very easy, very trustworthy people at Sumday. I highly recommend this company and look forward to purchasing from them again.

bkellyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am always a little suspect when dealing with anything online, but I had a great experience with Sumday Vacations as well. I had purchased my first timeshare a couple of years ago wholesale and my family has really enjoyed it. In early August I noticed a 2 bedroom unit at the resort in which we already owned, so i decided to bid. Most weeks are floating weeks at the resort and the reservation period is the beginning of October. I talked with Sumday and they assured me they could have it done by then. I maintained regular communication with them as well as my resort and the deed was recorded with resort in less than a month and I have already reserved a summer week for next year.

sjuhawk_jd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great Experience with them

This company is so good that it is unreal in this day and age!

I bought a Grand pacific palisades timeshare from sumdayvacations (outside of ebay) and everybody else on ebya is charging $310 as transfer fee for this resort (without telling the buyers that $150 is the transfe fee and $160 is the estoppel fee). Estoppel fee should be charged to the buyer only if the buyer requests the estoppel or the estoppel is required for closing/title purposes.

Jeff Brown charged me only $150 transfer fee, hardly any closing fees and about 20 days later, emailed me the recorded deed. I have had closing companies charge me $499 fees, plus $310 for transfer for this resort and still not provide me a recorded deed after 4 months!

Sumdayvacations is the model company that does not try to make money via outrageous closing costs and provides excellent customer service!

tombo

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am surprised that they are rated F with the Better Business Bureau. I have purchased several weeks from them in the last few years and all went well. I have nothing bad to say about them and if I was in the market to buy a week I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them.

london

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sumday Vacations

I have purchased four weeks from Sumday in the last 2 years, with no problems at all.

Closing was fast, and deeds filed correctly. These were weeks only purchases, not points.

sb2313

TUG Member
Reaction score
Look at the complaints that caused the F...

I have had two very good experiences with Sumday so I was surprised to see the F, but after looking at the actual complaints it appears that Sumday just needs to do a better job of managing their BBB reputation as their customer service towards the customers post complaint is not at the level that I have received in my two closings with them. Interesting stuff.

cruisin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sumday is excellent, fair and Honest, hard to beat for ebay timeshare sellers. I also know a number of people very happy with their dealings with Sumday.

Rob&Carol Q

Reaction score
Wow...noted.

This thread is almost a reunion of Sumday customers...

============
Edit
BTW, they reference this thread as a TUG Review.

and all the repeated enthusiam kind of makes me perk up a bit....hmm...

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Anyone ever ask Sumday how they close these deals so quickly? I'd do some research...

Also, the BBB gives Sumday a rating of F. Might want to check them out closely...especially if you're quick to recommend them.

http://www.bbb.org/southwestern-mis.../sumday-vacations-in-kimberling-city-mo-25324

You can read the specific issues on the BBB at your link.

After reading the complaints, which are mostly unreasonable, then reading Jeff Brown's responses, I would say Sumday is a company I would recommend even more highly.

Ebay buyers are from the real world, many of these buyers have no idea what they are buying. Some have buyers' remorse, some have no clue how to read the ebay ad, and some are just complaining to be complaining.

got4boys

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am surprised that they are rated F with the Better Business Bureau. I have purchased several weeks from them in the last few years and all went well. I have nothing bad to say about them and if I was in the market to buy a week I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them.

The buying is the easy part. The only question I have is that they have what I called prefilled out deeds (but without the name of the buyer), signed by the owner. The date that I purchase from them and the deed itself are way off. I do not know how legit this is. For example, I purchased from them in May of 2006 on ebay. The date on the deed is April 11, 2006.

Now, to sell my unit, they wanted the upfront fees to list - it was like $595 (for my particular unit) for something that I was giving away for free for just closing costs!

Of course, I did not pay the fees. They called it advertising and marketing.

jatco

Reaction score
Well.. I hope I have some luck with Sumday selling our TS. They have all the paperwork, deed etal..plus their Fee .. so we're hoping this will go Fast.
Want out of that TS..as we have another and dont have enough time to even use the other..
So there's a Redweek 1-bedroom LO for sale in Cabo...!
Hope Sumday lives up to their reputation...as we know how 'easy' it is to sell timeshares...!!:eek:

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Would you be willing to share what you paid Sumday to take it off your hands? Also, what happens if Sumday posts it on eBay and it doesn't sell? I'd appreciate the info please.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
My one and only SumDay Vacations experience was VERY different...

I had never purchased (or ever even bid on) a timeshare via eBay before the experience below (or since, for that matter)...

When I saw a particular Key West week (listed by SumDay Vacations) that interested me some months back, I placed a bid via a "sniping service". When the auction ended, I had not won, despite the fact that my bid was nearly one thousand dollars higher than the "winning" bid. I was confused, to say the least... :confused:

I inquired further of eBay and was advised that I had been "blocked" by the seller, so my bid had been rejected and not processed. Having never before contacted (or ever even heard of) this seller, having never before bid on a timeshare on eBay, and having a 100% rating on all my other eBay purchases, I contacted SumDay Vacations for an explanation of the "rejection" of my bid. Someone there named John Kushman gave me a rather nasty (and factually incorrect) lecture / explanation about my "probably having failed to honor previous timeshare bids on eBay" (...again, I had never before bid on any timeshares on eBay).

I wrote the bad experience off to likely being just a case of mistaken identity or a name mixup of some kind. I didn't really need this particular high maintenance fee Key West week, so I certainly didn't lose any sleep over this very strange experience.

Nonetheless, in view of the glowing accolades above for SumDay Vacations, I feel obliged to weigh in with my own very different (...and certainly much less positive) direct personal experience with them.

Last edited:

DrBopp

Banned
Reaction score
Sumday Vacations

I bought two properties through Sumday Vacations. One was on Ebay and one from their website and got nothing but the fastest and best service. Closing with Wyndham points in 7 week! I'll not hesistate to do business with them again.

Gordon

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nonetheless, in view of all the glowing accolades provided above for SumDay Vacations, I felt obliged to weigh in with my own very different personal experience. :shrug:

I had a different experience also. I won the bid on an ebay timeshare SumDay had listed. After winning the bid, I found out that the maint fees were misrepresented by 50%. When I asked, I was told that it was up to the previous owner to supply that information and they used what the previous owner mentioned in the ad.

I told him that I was no longer interested in the property and we agreed that I would get a 50% refund (on a $200 purchase). I knew he had to pay advertising fees and ebay fees, so it was acceptable to me to just get out of it.

Well, six weeks later the deed came in the mail. I signed nothing at all, and still the new deed showed up in my name. If you have a problem with him, at that time, he was very hard to get a hold of, and was not very cooperative after the fact. I purchased a handful of weeks after that, and needless to say, I never used Sumday again.

Also, Sumday is a TUG member and posts with the username of SumdayVacations (which Denise has mentioned is a violation of TUG rules).

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Other associated names...

Also, Sumday is a TUG member and posts with the username of SumdayVacations....

Some of the individuals involved with SumDay Vacations actually use a number of different names on eBay
--- and perhaps also here on TUG.

The particular "SumDay Vacations" individual with whom I had my unfortunate encounter (John Kushman) uses (or at least formerly used) the name timesharepro here on TUG.

Last edited: