• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2009] My friend got stuck with 4 units at Westgate Vacation Villas

hvanv0405

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just told my neighbor about this site and she'll be joining soon. I am an Owner at WKORVN but don't know much about other companies.

She owns week 27 at Westgate Vacation Villas and building 4000 unit 71 A, B, C, & D. (sleeps total of 16).

I sadly had to inform her she'd never get close to what she paid for it if she tried to sell. I've showed her how to sign up and where she can post ads and recommended she list it for sale (just to see if any response) and also list the units for rent.

Does anyone have other recommendations? They purchased in 2006, never even used any of it in 2007 and since they didn't use in 2009 she can book 4th of July weekend for 2009. Would she be better off listing as four 1 bd units or a couple 2 bd units?

Since selling could be difficult she's willing to try and rent them and I thought I'd help her through whatever processes I can. I've been on TUG awhile but never posted anything in classifieds. What else should she know? And what other places might be helpful for her to get info about what she owns?

Thanks,
Heather

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Watch Out For The Bamboozles.

What else should she know?
Main thing she should know is the importance of staying on guard against all the various timeshare selling & timeshare renting & timeshare "relief" scams & cons & hornswoggles & rip-offs that are just waiting to get her into their clutches.

Forewarned is forearmed.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

hvanv0405

TUG Member
Reaction score
the resort told her to contact hardship hotline or something. has anyone heard of this an is it valid?

and yes, one timeshare resell place already got her once. . .said for $800 they guarenteed to sell it for her. . .never happened :(

RIMike

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just there....

Does anyone have other recommendations? They purchased in 2006, never even used any of it in 2007 and since they didn't use in 2009 she can book 4th of July weekend for 2009. Would she be better off listing as four 1 bd units or a couple 2 bd units?

Heather, I was just there and was informed by staff that Westgate Vacation Villas are planning an expansion from 3,500 units to 8,500 units. See my Resort Review...as I said there "you too can vacation with 32,000 of your closest friends". I say all of this to say, it looks pretty dim that she will be ever be able to sell them for anything but pennies on the dollar. It is hugh!!! So there has to be a lot buyers remorse all over the place.

Moodyblues

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've had mine since 2006 and have never been late on a payment. December 2009 is my last payment period don't care what they try to do. I notified them over a month ago that the company I worked for went bankrupt with no warning. Wastegate has yet to contact me and I knew they would not. I will hear from them when that Jan 2 payment does not go through. Then the confrontation will be on.

Last edited:

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
ROFR without the ROFR needed

I've had mine since 2006 and have never been late on a payment. December 2009 is my last payment period don't care what they try to do. I notified them over a month ago that the company I worked for went bankrupt with no warning. Wastegate has yet to contact me and I knew they would not. I will hear from them when that Jan 2 payment does not go through. Then the confrontation will be on.

PLEASE keep us posted. Remember this is the group that used to claim ROFR when they didn't have it so it will be VERY interesting to see what they do now if an owner goes delinquent and offers it back to them.

Moodyblues

TUG Member
Reaction score
PLEASE keep us posted. Remember this is the group that used to claim ROFR when they didn't have it so it will be VERY interesting to see what they do now if an owner goes delinquent and offers it back to them.

I'll keep you informed. It should be interesting.

Moodyblues

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well an update,

To my surprise I recvd a letter in the mail today from Westgate.

"We have received your correspondence indicating that you are currently experiencing difficulties. We understand that unforeseen events can occur that may have an unanticipated impact.

Westgate resorts is dedicated to assisting you through thists difficult time....................it goes on to say that if I provide documentation (monthly bills, checking account statements, unemployment, and the last payroll check stub (that was August 31, 2009) they will try to work with me.

"We appreciate your commitment to maintaining your account and allowing us an opportunity to assist you through this difficult period."

As stated I have not been late on a pmt that spands 3.5 years. If they will work with me to make it through my period of employment I will be happy to finish my obligation of the contract.

Stay tuned.............................

TamaraQT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village
Woodstone
The Colonies
Well an update,

To my surprise I recvd a letter in the mail today from Westgate.

"We have received your correspondence indicating that you are currently experiencing difficulties. We understand that unforeseen events can occur that may have an unanticipated impact.

Westgate resorts is dedicated to assisting you through thists difficult time....................it goes on to say that if I provide documentation (monthly bills, checking account statements, unemployment, and the last payroll check stub (that was August 31, 2009) they will try to work with me.

"We appreciate your commitment to maintaining your account and allowing us an opportunity to assist you through this difficult period."

As stated I have not been late on a pmt that spands 3.5 years. If they will work with me to make it through my period of employment I will be happy to finish my obligation of the contract.

Stay tuned.............................

Hmmm....do you feel comfortable giving them that much personal information? Why wouldnt proof of unemployment be enough? I hope its all legitimate. Good luck to you. I hope it all works out. 3.5 years of on time payments have to account for something.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
They should be doing loan modifications left and right on these things.

They've already made a huge chunk of change so for them it's all
gravy. :rolleyes:

I think they really should stamp you PAID IN FULL and give you the thing.

Good luck with it. :)

Moodyblues

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hmmm....do you feel comfortable giving them that much personal information? Why wouldnt proof of unemployment be enough? I hope its all legitimate. Good luck to you. I hope it all works out. 3.5 years of on time payments have to account for something.

Not real comfortable and if I just decide not to pay anymore they would have to spend the bucks on a foreclosure. I just want them to make a adjustment until I go back to work.

Moodyblues

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not real comfortable and if I just decide not to pay anymore they would have to spend the bucks on a foreclosure. I just want them to make a adjustment until I go back to work.

Sent the required info to them over a week ago but have heard nothing. It is generally 2 weeks before you hear from them.

cracovian

Reaction score
They should just let you have it... The annual maintenance fees have plenty of profit in them and if you walk away they won't even get that.

Moodyblues

TUG Member
Reaction score
They should just let you have it... The annual maintenance fees have plenty of profit in them and if you walk away they won't even get that.

Yep I have already paid them over 9,000 in payments. They stand to loose on this deal and I am sure there are many like me over the past year if they don't do something.

Moodyblues

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got a call from Westgate today that my February payment is due and they could do a check over the phone today. I told the clerk that it is not past due until 2/15/2010. I informed her I have never been lated on a payment and she verified that. I then ask why are you calling me? She said there is a pattern that I pay on a certain day. I asked if there was any information in the system that showed I had applied for a hardship mod and she said no.

Ok, so they signed for my hardship case on 1/24/2010, so it has been about 2 weeks now with no response. I'm sure these things take time, so we shall see.

I just wonder what kind of financial shape they are in??????

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
There is always hope

Not good according to all sources available but not somuch on the operations side but mostly on the sales/development side. Still it's not the heyday they have enjoyed until recently and it isn't likely to improve anytime soon. It would be great if lenders made them change their ways.

wcfr1

TUG Member
Reaction score
They should be doing loan modifications left and right on these things.

They've already made a huge chunk of change so for them it's all
gravy. :rolleyes:

I think they really should stamp you PAID IN FULL and give you the thing.

Good luck with it. :)

Can't modify it if they don't own it. I know that buyers mail their mortgage checks to Westgate but I was told that like most places they packaged and sold their inflated mortgages.

You pay westgate and westgate pays someone else.

orphan

Reaction score
Hi, my husband and I have owned at Westgate for 17 years. We have just come home from 3 weeks there. The units are not being upgraded, they look the same as when we first bought there. We owned also at Orange Lake and decided to give it back as we didn`t sell before we left. We got caught in the timeshare resale scams twice. The sec. time we got our money back through Audit Recovery Systems, it cost 1/2 of recovered money. Since I have found out I could have done it myself at noexpense. If you pay any of these scam timeshare resale co. with a credit card you can recover your money through the disputes area of the credit card co. they will only return money disputed in the last year, Orange Lake used a Warranty Deed and 2 witnesses,i being a notary public of the state of Florida.There was no charge . We did not pay 2010 maintenance fee as we gave it back Mar.,10,2010 and we owned wk 19 in May.

bathroomuser

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am in the same boat!!!!!!!!

Got a call from Westgate today that my February payment is due and they could do a check over the phone today. I told the clerk that it is not past due until 2/15/2010. I informed her I have never been lated on a payment and she verified that. I then ask why are you calling me? She said there is a pattern that I pay on a certain day. I asked if there was any information in the system that showed I had applied for a hardship mod and she said no.

Ok, so they signed for my hardship case on 1/24/2010, so it has been about 2 weeks now with no response. I'm sure these things take time, so we shall see.

Hi,
Sorry to hear about your predicament and hope that things are getting better for you.
We are in a similar predicament,where we lost or jobs at the end of April last and basically just stopped our repayments to WG.
WG sent the exact same letter and a hardship form,but I have not returned it as yet. They keep calling / e-mailing trying to get a payment from us and my husband got so Peed Off explaining why we couldn't make a payment and also asking why it was that they didn't already know that that was the case,we have just stopped answering the phone.
I have however, tried to make some sort of payment when there was a bit of spare cash - and we are not talking mega bucks here - just so that they can see that we are trying,but to be perfectly honest,if WG are going to take legal action eventually what s the point?
Getting back to your situation,did filling in a hardship form help you financially? What solution did they offer if any?:wall: :wall:

Reaction score
It is the fact that our company worked with you and navigated through the process of credit card rules and regulations and our ability to file under the right reason code that we are able to win cases. Shame on you for belittling our win for you. Next time maybe you can represent yourself in court. You know you may be innocent, right? Do you know the proper motions to file? Do you know the preparation that must be done and the training involved. You may see this as an easy win for someone that wants to try it themselves, but what you have done is put others in harms way as you only have one chance to dispute under the right guideline based on the right set of criteria or the credit card company will deny your claim. Which they generally do. Again shame on you. You should be sending our company a thank you letter and a letter of recommendation opposed to whining that we charged you for a service done well.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Timeshare Fraud Help - you just replied to a post that is 5 mos. old.

TUG is not obligated to support or promote your business. If you are unhappy about what you see posted here about your company - stop reading it!

Further posts like the one above will result in the loss of your posting privileges on TUG.

*I am going to leave the post above, so others who are considering using this company will see their true colors.

Last edited: