• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2009] heritage club new golf package

alexb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Craigendarroch Scotland,Marriott Grande Chateau,pga golf village
just been emailed the new golf details from oct 2010.
the new package includes 10 free rounds no cart fee to pay at the following
courses Robbers Row,Barony,Planters Row,clipper,Gallon,Brigantine,
Arthur Hills and Robert Cupp at Palmetto Hall and Oyster Reef.
after you 10 rounds you can play for $40 cart fee unlimited for all the people
in you timeshare.
the seapines courses will only be avaliable at the seapines overnight guest
rate.
the above courses are also avaliable to play this year from 1 july plus you
still get the seapines courses for the $35 cart fee.
has anyone played these courses?

alexb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
i would think it will apply to exchangers as well it has in the past you are also
able to book the golf 12days in advance for the new courses

Beverley

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Did the last package include the Heritage Club course? does this one?

Beverley

alexb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
the last package included harbour town the new one from 1st october 2010
does not but you can play it for the seapines overnight guest rate

dmorea

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Golf package Question

Which package is in effect in April 2010? The old one? How does one go about making the reservation? Can you just make a reservation at the course and show up with your card?

jwq387

TUG Member
Reaction score
new heritage club golf package

in you timeshare.
rate.

i have played all these courses. IMHO, here is how I would rank them.

Very Good
1. Arthur Hills at Palmetto Hall
2. Robert Cupp at Palmetto Hall
Good.
1. Oyster Reef.

Average- all the rest on the list. Having said that, I think the package is very good. Obviously, paying only cart fees for Harbour Town( 2rounds), Ocean Course, and the newly renovated Heron Point was better. However, I think it was just a matter of time b-4 that package would be too expensive to maintain for Heritage Club owners.

The new package is very good, IMHO, in comparison to just about every other golf package other Marriott timeshare owners have available to them at this time.
The "overnight guest rates" for the Sea Pines courses are pretty high.

biskits

TUG Member
Reaction score
Green fees costs at Sea Pines Courses??

in you timeshare.
rate.

Can someone advise exactly what the green fees are for Seapines Courses
are if staying at Heritage Club????

MikeM132

TUG Member
Reaction score
i have played all these courses. IMHO, here is how I would rank them.

Very Good
1. Arthur Hills at Palmetto Hall
2. Robert Cupp at Palmetto Hall
Good.
1. Oyster Reef.

Average- all the rest on the list. Having said that, I think the package is very good. Obviously, paying only cart fees for Harbour Town( 2rounds), Ocean Course, and the newly renovated Heron Point was better. However, I think it was just a matter of time b-4 that package would be too expensive to maintain for Heritage Club owners.

The new package is very good, IMHO, in comparison to just about every other golf package other Marriott timeshare owners have available to them at this time.
The "overnight guest rates" for the Sea Pines courses are pretty high.

I am here now and just finished my 10 free rounds. Yes, it is totally free---not even a cart fee. I will add my opinion of the courses---Cupp Course--setup this week unfair. Greens are fast and nice, but heavily sloped and do not hold an approach. Course was setup for a pro-qualifier and some pin locations were very, very difficult. Proshop warned of this. Stupid setup for a tourist course, as it just slowed everybody down and few had any fun. Area golf pros (we talked to 3) say this course is not well liked. Very pretty, though. The Hills course at Palmetto Hall was closed this week due to overseeding, also making the Cupp course VERY slow and crowded. Barony courses---we played Planter's Row. This is very tight, not in good shape (many wet, muddy, torn-up areas) and you play most of it either next to the airport runway or Rt 278---like playing golf in downtown NYC. Not recommended. Oyster Reef--we were told on arrival this was the favorite and I see why. Very nice course, very pretty and fair for tourists. Risk-reward is visible (unlike Cupp course where local knowledge is absolutely essential). This was overseeded and greens very slow, but probably because of this was not crowded this week. Did not play Shipyard but heard it was in great shape. The Palmetto Hall courses are for above-average golfers who either know them or will play them more than once to learn them. Barony courses are just poor (but easily available). We are back on the Ocean Course today and Harbor Town tomorrow before heading home. Last year for Sea Pines courses, I guess.
Overall, the new package seems very good, although Oyster Reef and Palmetto Hall courses are at the other end of the island.

MikeM132

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can someone advise exactly what the green fees are for Seapines Courses
are if staying at Heritage Club????
current rates are on their website. It's only about 10 percent off the regular rate (something like 90.00 for Ocean, 140.00 for Heron Point and 230.00 for Harbor Town, last time I looked at "resident" rates)

jwq387

TUG Member
Reaction score
golf package

I am here now and just finished my 10 free rounds. Yes, it is totally free---not even a cart fee. I will add my opinion of the courses---Cupp Course--setup this week unfair. Greens are fast and nice, but heavily sloped and do not hold an approach. Course was setup for a pro-qualifier and some pin locations were very, very difficult. Proshop warned of this. Stupid setup for a tourist course, as it just slowed everybody down and few had any fun. Area golf pros (we talked to 3) say this course is not well liked. Very pretty, though. The Hills course at Palmetto Hall was closed this week due to overseeding, also making the Cupp course VERY slow and crowded. Barony courses---we played Planter's Row. This is very tight, not in good shape (many wet, muddy, torn-up areas) and you play most of it either next to the airport runway or Rt 278---like playing golf in downtown NYC. Not recommended. Oyster Reef--we were told on arrival this was the favorite and I see why. Very nice course, very pretty and fair for tourists. Risk-reward is visible (unlike Cupp course where local knowledge is absolutely essential). This was overseeded and greens very slow, but probably because of this was not crowded this week. Did not play Shipyard but heard it was in great shape. The Palmetto Hall courses are for above-average golfers who either know them or will play them more than once to learn them. Barony courses are just poor (but easily available). We are back on the Ocean Course today and Harbor Town tomorrow before heading home. Last year for Sea Pines courses, I guess.
Overall, the new package seems very good, although Oyster Reef and Palmetto Hall courses are at the other end of the island.

I want to clear something up. There are 3 courses in Port Royal Plantation; Barony, Robber's Row, and Planters Row.They are near the Barony Beach Club, are technically part of Port Royal Plantation.
What is your opinion of Barony and Robber's Row after playing those two courses? Sorry you had a bad experience at Planter's Row. Going during the overseeding period always presents some risk of what you experienced. Agree with you; the Cupp course can be tough, expecially if they decide to put the pins in difficult positions. Having said that, I like both courses at Palmetto Hall, with the Arhtur Hills course the better of the two, IMHO.

MikeM132

TUG Member
Reaction score
I want to clear something up. There are 3 courses in Port Royal Plantation; Barony, Robber's Row, and Planters Row.They are near the Barony Beach Club, are technically part of Port Royal Plantation.
What is your opinion of Barony and Robber's Row after playing those two courses? Sorry you had a bad experience at Planter's Row. Going during the overseeding period always presents some risk of what you experienced. Agree with you; the Cupp course can be tough, expecially if they decide to put the pins in difficult positions. Having said that, I like both courses at Palmetto Hall, with the Arhtur Hills course the better of the two, IMHO.

We only played Planter's Row. The conditions were very poor--not due to overseeding. The course is too dark and wet (probably has something to do with how tight the fairways are with trees). There were many, many muddy areas. We asked a pro at Oyster Reef how the other 2 courses were at Port Royal and he said they were all about the same---not great.

potchak

TUG Member
Reaction score
So does the free golf apply to exchangers? If so this would be great. Also, we were thinking of March or April 2011 timeframe, is the free golf still going to be available then?

alexb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
yes free golf is for next 10 years

sparty

TUG Member
Reaction score
yes free golf is for next 10 years

Guys..this is the Marriott forum.. Nothing is free with Marriott.. :rofl:

I assume this has to be added into the outrageously high MF.

What is surprising is that the Port Royal courses are included in the list but I am not aware of any package like this for Barony which is in Port Royal.

I play all the Port Royal courses, Robbers, Barony, Planters. I like them all. However be warned the staff is not very good. Last year cart broke at 14th and nobody would come to get it. Left it out there and my son and I walked back to clubhouse with clubs on our back.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Guys..this is the Marriott forum.. Nothing is free with Marriott.. :rofl:

I assume this has to be added into the outrageously high MF.

What is surprising is that the Port Royal courses are included in the list but I am not aware of any package like this for Barony which is in Port Royal.

I play all the Port Royal courses, Robbers, Barony, Planters. I like them all. However be warned the staff is not very good. Last year cart broke at 14th and nobody would come to get it. Left it out there and my son and I walked back to clubhouse with clubs on our back.

While it's true that nothing is free, I still think the Heritage Club BOD should be commended for negotiating some form of a continuation of the included golf package. We're seeing much different results with other contract renewals throughout Marriott (MRP and American Airlines, DSVI and the hotel amenities, etc.) It may not be clear whether it's Marriott or the affiliated companies playing hardball, but what is clear is that these types of affiliations are becoming too expensive to maintain. So even though Heritage Club's new golf package is more limited, at least it still exists!

As far as Barony, there never was an included golf package but instead a tennis package with the local tennis club. When that contract came up for renewal a year or so ago, the BOD polled the owners to see if we wanted to continue it despite the increased costs levied by the club. Majority rule was "no" and the program ended, but the BOD did manage to negotiate reduced rates on an individual usage basis for the near future. Not a bad compromise, considering that the tennis club forced a change by increasing package fees.

{edited to add} Hmmmmm. I just realized this is an old thread so maybe Heritage Club's new golf package isn't so new. Everything else is the same, though - good job by the BOD.

Last edited:

MabelP

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Anything new on the Golf Package? I would like to exchange in for April 2012.
Thanks,
MabelP

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
As many of you know I dumped my Marriott Weeks in disgust when they discontinued their original rental and sales programs. One of the weeks I used to own was Heritage. My take on Heritage is very positive. If you are an avid golfer and can afford the MF, I don't think Heritage can be beat. Great facility, great Harbour Town location, and a great golf package. And this is from someone who is not a fan of Marriott.

George

NboroGirl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Golf recommendations ??

My 4-day trip to Heritage Club is getting close. There will be 4 of us going: me, my husband, my brother, and my 82 year old father. Like any 82 year old, my dad doesn't move so well anymore. None of us has ever been to Hilton Head before.

We want to golf twice during our stay. Which course(s) would you recommend? Although my husband and father golf fairly regularly, my brother and I have only been playing a few years (read "we are not very good") and we would not want go anywhere considered "challenging".

Please let me know which courses you'd recommend for us. After reading through this thread, not all the courses are in good condition, so take that into consideration.

THANKS!

vail

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oyster reef will suit you just fine.
Notethat you can playthe shortest tee wherever you play making it more enjoyable.
Robert Cupp at Palmetto Hall is the finest course in the package.
It is more difficult and usually in good shape.

alexb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
i will be at heritage club this weekend i will let you know about the courses
next week

NboroGirl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
i will be at heritage club this weekend i will let you know about the courses
next week

Well? What do you think about the courses?

We played Oyster Reef today, and I thought it was a very enjoyable course. There were a lot more bunkers than I'm used to, but the ones I found myself in weren't terrible (not too deep). My father did not like the "rough" grass off the fairway because it was "viney" and the ball would sink deep into it. It's true, the ball sinks into it in a strane way, but that didn't bother me too much.

One thing to note - Marriott made the reservation for our tee time, which was SUPPOSED to be today (Monday) at 10:52. When we got to Oyster Reef they couldn't find our reservation, but then located it - it was for Saturday, the day BEFORE we even arrived! :wall: I have yet to find a Marriott concierge that can make golf reservations.

alexb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
played the cupp course on sunday very difficult golf course .

MikeM132

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have yet to find a Marriott concierge that can make golf reservations.
Heritage has a couple people who will make your golf res. and one of them is the best in any system anywhere. Try during weekday hours and you'll get her.
I ran into people here in PA who normally send her Christmas gifts. Nobody better.