• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2008 thread!] Problems with Marriott website for booking weeks

jazzeaw

Reaction score
I am so mad, I just found out that the Marriott Website LOST my vacation request for my resort and now I do not have the week I want, not only that I can not even get into my resort during the summer time frame. Here is what happened
1. I booked on the website (like i always do) my MOW in July
2. today I decide to do a request 1st only to find out that it never took. Apparently there were some problems and it did not go through,

I know I should have contacted them when i did not get a confirmation but I have never had problems before so I did not think about it. Now I am basically screwed out of the summer week at the resort I paid 30K for - and the answer Marriott gave me was to book another week and try to trade through II at the cost of 99 back into my own resort. Obviously they way oversold platinum weeks and now I do not get in. meanwhile I know they will have open slots for sales presentations and junk like that. Does anyone know who I can contact about this? I am very, very mad. These last few years my opinion of Marriott has really gone downhill due to problems like this and other problems at some of the resorts I have been too.

as an FYI we own MOW, MGO and MGV all platinum so I am not whinning about getting into something I do not deserve and did not pay for

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I dont think the website lost your reservation. If there had been a reservation in the first place you would have received a confirmation. Apparently something happened when you tried to make the reservation and it was never completed.
Its possible you may get a cancellation at your resort but as you were told an option may be to trade through II. The problem is that you have no proof that you ever booked anything on the website. You dont have a confirmation number, email or anything to show you made a reservation. You may have to suck it up as a mistake and hope to get a summer week another way.

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I agree. If you had made a successful reservation, you would have seen an instant confirmation on your screen.

applegirl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry for your frustration, but I agree with gmarine and Dave M. You probably never completed your reservation, but thought you did. This kind of thing happens to people all the time on the internet. Take it for what it is, a tough lesson and I hope you can get your summer week by exchanging. Best of luck.

Janna

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Obviously they way oversold platinum weeks and now I do not get in. meanwhile I know they will have open slots for sales presentations and junk like that.

They didn't oversell the platinum weeks. This would be illegal. The probably have a long platinum season and all those platinum owners are looking to reserve the same popular weeks you are. This is quite common at many Marriott resorts. In the drive to increase profits, you see it more with the new resorts than the older ones.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
Sounds like OP was primarily responsible for this problem. No matter who the reservation is with, you should ALWAYS make sure you have a confirmation. OP was not responsible for the system not working when the original reservation was attempted, but when no confirmation appeared, he could have fixed the problem right away.

Former Cruiser

TUG Member
Reaction score
As said, they cannot overbook the platinum season. There is still 3 more weeks available as the season goes through the middle of August, and there still may be weeks available earlier in the platinum season. Mind you none of these weeks may be the ones you'd rather have, but they're still available.

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure why this ancient thread was brought up, but note that the problem occurred almost two years ago!