• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2008] Marriott Newport Coast Villas - Internet Access

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Checked in last Friday for a week stay at MNCV into the 3500 building. We had hoped for a better view unit but as exchangers wasn't surprised with our assignment on the 2nd floor with minimal ocean view.

Have had very spotty internet access over the weekend on their free WiFi through Wayport and kept being disconnected from the internet with "very low" signal connection messages. Saturday and Sunday we weren't in the unit much, so I didn't try to resolve the problem. Today (Monday), I called the front desk and explained the problem - I was told to come to the front desk and pick up a Wayport Bridge to plug into our laptop and hopefully this would solve the internet connection problems. If not, I was given a toll free Wayport customer service phone number to call.

Even with the Wayport bridge I was not able to connect to the Internet, so I called their customer service number. The tech told me I had to di2sconnect the wireless access on my laptop. I told him I had never done that and didn't know how to do so. He walked me through how to disconnect the wireless via the Windows XP software and then reattach the Wayport Wireless Bridge
and walked me through the process to get it configured to be able to connect to the internet via my laptop browser. Voila! After the help from the Wayport tech, I was now able to connect to the internet.

However, my success was short lived. When we came back from dinner, I tried to reconnect to the internet and was able to do so for about 2 minutes before being disconnected with a "low signal" message and then "no connection' message. I disconnected the bridge (it has a USB connector and an ethernet connector), gave it about 45 seconds rest and reconnected it.
That solved the problem for now. So, hopefully the connection will stay good and I won't have to call Wayport Customer service again (they said they're available 24/7).

The weather's been unseasonably cool and the May Gray/June Gloom is in force. But we're not letting that deter us from having a great time in Southern California.

Richard

Bill4728

Reaction score
I'm surprized. We have stayed at NCV 4 times in the past 3 years and have had no problems at all with our WiFi.

I wish I had told you about the smooth jazz concert that they have by the pool every sunday. We have really enjoyed it during our visits.

CapriciousC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hope you have better luck with internet access for the remainder of your stay!

Our weather has been a bit crummy the last few days - it's nice and sunny today, though (or at least it is in Huntington Beach, where I work). I hope it stays clear the rest of the week for you.

Whenever I have family visit from the east coast they're often surprised by how cool our May/June weather is.

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Supposed to be high 90s by end of the week at the coast -- yipes :eek:

Pomme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Stayed there last week, bld 2100, no internet 23 hours a day. I called the front desk, they said they can't do anything!

Stayed in the same building last year, and no problem with the internet, just a few rooms next from this one. Hope they fix this.

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
Was confused about the weather comments till I realized you had found a 2008 thread