• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[**2008**] Hyatt Residence Club - good or bad for Vacation Club owners?

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
I understand that Hyatt sold (or is selling) part of the Northstar property to the Welk Resort Group, in which we own. Do any Hyatt owners know why they are doing this? What are your thoughts about and experiences with the Northstar property? I would appreciate any insights you can provide.

jbercu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Time will Tell

I understand that Hyatt sold (or is selling) part of the Northstar property to the Welk Resort Group, in which we own. Do any Hyatt owners know why they are doing this? What are your thoughts about and experiences with the Northstar property? I would appreciate any insights you can provide.

I booked and stayed two night stay with club points in Mid-April 2013- Just before Northstar closed. Skiing was great and convenient. According to people in the know, Building one has 30 units. 10 in the Club, 10 owned outright, and 10 purchased by Welk, including two lots for two additional buildings. The 10 Club units will most likely stay in the Hyatt Club.

Time will tell if info is correct.

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
I booked and stayed two night stay with club points in Mid-April 2013- Just before Northstar closed. Skiing was great and convenient. According to people in the know, Building one has 30 units. 10 in the Club, 10 owned outright, and 10 purchased by Welk, including two lots for two additional buildings. The 10 Club units will most likely stay in the Hyatt Club.

Time will tell if info is correct.

Thanks jbercu. The partial purchase of units and the adjacent land for future development is consistent with the little bit of information I learned from Welk. Welk developments are high quality, so whatever they do with the land should maintain the quality of the Hyatt units. Looking forward to having availability in the north shore.

lizap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Will the fractionals like Siesta Key and Miami be easier to get (via internal system) after they have been open for a few years?

MaryH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not necessarily since some are whole condos. reservations only come into HRC when siesta key owner trade their time for points. considering the mf they pay nor many do it.

Miami i believe are some apt buildings hyatt got into relationship to rent as hotels and some are in the hrc

lizap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mary, do you know approx. how many (a lot, few, etc.) owners at Siesta key and Miami could potentially trade in their weeks for points? I have heard of Siesta Key and Northstar internal availability, but not Miami.

Not necessarily since some are whole condos. reservations only come into HRC when siesta key owner trade their time for points. considering the mf they pay nor many do it.

Miami i believe are some apt buildings hyatt got into relationship to rent as hotels and some are in the hrc

MaryH

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had seen Miami Blue a while back on HRC as well as Siesta Key but have not seen Northstar personally.

Sorry don't know the numbers.

lizap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mary. I saw a post a while back where someone said he saw a Northstar listing..

I had seen Miami Blue a while back on HRC as well as Siesta Key but have not seen Northstar personally.

Sorry don't know the numbers.

tahoeJoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
History - Good Deal or Bad Deal?

Its easy to be a Monday morning quarterback, especially with archived threads, but this comment from April 2008 caught my eye.

THX1965,

People will look back in 5-7 years and say wow I got a 2200 point level of 21k-23k what a deal that was.

It has been almost 6 years since this was posted. So what do people think? Is/was 2200 points for $21k-$23k a good deal? Thoughts?

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
About a month ago I met a guy who proudly announced that he just bought from Hyatt a very nice unit at Sunset Harbor (1880 points) for $34,000. :eek:

I suggested he look at redweeks and notice the number of Sunset Harbor units. [The average price is about $10-11K].

I thought about offering him a bag of vintage muffler bearings, but he might not have enough coin.