• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[**2008**] Hyatt Residence Club - good or bad for Vacation Club owners?

THX1965

TUG Member
Reaction score
I see a lot of members being excited about the new Northstar Hyatt property. But what exactly does it mean for existing HVC owners?

Is Hyatt slow moving away from their traditional timeshare properties to more exclusive and more expensive fractional ownership models? (Northstar Lodge and Siesta Key Beach.)

I can imagine, availablity for non-residence-club-owners (traditional HVC owners) will be pretty limited (except for the off-off season, maybe).

I'd love to get some insight from some of you HVC veterans. We did purchase an annual platinum 2-bedroom week in Sedona last year and are pretty happy with the whole system so far. We plan far in advance and so far, have always been able to get into where and when we wanted (avoiding the high-high season.) However, at the time of our purchase, nobody told us that Hyatt would start shifting towards a more exclusive fractional ownership model.

So, is this new direction good or bad for us tradional HVC owners? The new upscale properties look great, but will we also be able to use them?

Looking forward to your insight. Thanks.

Carmel85

TUG Member
Reaction score
THX1965,

Im so HAPPY that you bought a 2200 point week at Sedona low MF's and great big points 2200 perfect.

In regards to Hyatt yes most of the Hyatt new resorts are going to be fractional ownerships. ASPEN, BEAVER CREEK now and Northstar,Siesta Key,Fl,NYC and Bermuda but Hawaii is a full timeshare resort (so far) but it might change to a few rooms 10-20% being fractional.

I really do not care what Hyatt builds as long as I plan ahead I can get in and use some of these great new resorts. Yes I might not get in on week 51,52 or 7 but if you plan ahead even Aspen is not out of reach. remember most of the new resorts have some fixed weeks and some float weeks and those float weeks are very easy with some planning ahead to get into use them.

People will look back in 5-7 years and say wow I got a 2200 point level of 21k-23k what a deal that was.

Any new resort Hyatt builds is a BONUS to all of us existing Hyatt owners.:cheer:

What week do you own in Sedona?

PA-

TUG Member
Reaction score
I see a lot of members being excited about the new Northstar Hyatt property. But what exactly does it mean for existing HVC owners?

Is Hyatt slow moving away from their traditional timeshare properties to more exclusive and more expensive fractional ownership models? (Northstar Lodge and Siesta Key Beach.)

I can imagine, availablity for non-residence-club-owners (traditional HVC owners) will be pretty limited (except for the off-off season, maybe).

I'd love to get some insight from some of you HVC veterans. We did purchase an annual platinum 2-bedroom week in Sedona last year and are pretty happy with the whole system so far. We plan far in advance and so far, have always been able to get into where and when we wanted (avoiding the high-high season.) However, at the time of our purchase, nobody told us that Hyatt would start shifting towards a more exclusive fractional ownership model.

So, is this new direction good or bad for us tradional HVC owners? The new upscale properties look great, but will we also be able to use them?

Since you've been an owner for a year, you should easily be able to answer your own questions by checking Aspen availability. Right?

THX1965

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks to both of you. Since I consider myself still pretty new to the Hyatt system, here is where I got confused (and I think I still am).

I did not know that Aspen and Beaver Creek were also fractual ownership resorts (Are they really? Not traditional time shares like the other Hyatt properties?).

You are right PA, it is possible to get into Apsen and Beaver Creek as a regular HVC owner with enough platinum points from a different resort, as long as you plan well in advance. We're planning to take advantage of that next spring.

Our sales rep at the Sedona property (we own a platinum week in late October) did not mention that both Hyatt Colorado resorts were different - only that they were a lot steeper in purchase and maintenance price - which made the Sedona week a really attractive bargain.

So, do Aspen and Beaver Creek have the same fractual ownership structure as Northstar? We were told (by our sales rep) that platinum Colorado owners get the same 2200 points that we got, with the only difference being their guaranteed (ski) week, obviously, and preferential treatment at their home resort (like every HVC owner).

But as I understand, Northstar Lodge IS different. Owners there get more weeks at their resort and also more points for other HVC resorts. Is that correct?

It's still a bit confusing to me. Maybe someone can shed some more light on this. But as you said, Carmel85, I don't really care how much they pay for their ski week at Northstar, as long as I can use it too. It just looks like it's getting more and more exclusive at the expense of existing HVC owners. I hope I am wrong.

Carmel85

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks to both of you. Since I consider myself still pretty new to the Hyatt system, here is where I got confused (and I think I still am).

I did not know that Aspen and Beaver Creek were also fractual ownership resorts (Are they really? Not traditional time shares like the other Hyatt properties?).

You are right PA, it is possible to get into Apsen and Beaver Creek as a regular HVC owner with enough platinum points from a different resort, as long as you plan well in advance. We're planning to take advantage of that next spring.

Our sales rep at the Sedona property (we own a platinum week in late October) did not mention that both Hyatt Colorado resorts were different - only that they were a lot steeper in purchase and maintenance price - which made the Sedona week a really attractive bargain.

So, do Aspen and Beaver Creek have the same fractual ownership structure as Northstar? We were told (by our sales rep) that platinum Colorado owners get the same 2200 points that we got, with the only difference being their guaranteed (ski) week, obviously, and preferential treatment at their home resort (like every HVC owner).

But as I understand, Northstar Lodge IS different. Owners there get more weeks at their resort and also more points for other HVC resorts. Is that correct?

It's still a bit confusing to me. Maybe someone can shed some more light on this. But as you said, Carmel85, I don't really care how much they pay for their ski week at Northstar, as long as I can use it too. It just looks like it's getting more and more exclusive at the expense of existing HVC owners. I hope I am wrong.

THX1965,

Again fractional hyatts get fixed weeks just like your Sedona and also they get float points to use at thier resort or any hyatt resort also.

Northstar is going to be a great resort and it is going to opens in November 2008.

Again be HAPPY if you get into these fractional hyatts every few years because Im sure the new owners will be coming back and back to their home resort for at lease 3-5 years after they buy into the hyatt system. I know if I payed 100k i would be going every season and use all my points at my Home resort.

Personally I would call Northstar Hyatt they will send you all kinds of info on the new resort.:banana:

I would also make sure you look at KAL's site his site is even better that hyatt.:cheer: :cheer:

With you 2000 Sedona point week you should be set for a few more years until you love Hyatt then you will be back to buy another week.

tahoeJoe

TUG Member
Reaction score

I can’t speak to Siesta Key; buy as for Northstar Lodge I COMPLETELY DISAGEE. I know I differ from Carmel85 but hear me out.

I think fractionals are a GOOD thing and there will be a lot of availability in the “off season” and “shoulder season” and some availability mid-week during the peak season. Here is why. Unlike Marriott Grand Residence Club and other fractional properties, Hyatt is not selling all the weeks and an owner can only be assured of one fixed week per year. They are only selling 20 weeks a year and a bunch of points. So a 2 bedroom owner will get a fixed week either in the summer or winter and then 2450 points TO BE USED ANYWHERE AT ANYTIME. That is the key. I don’t think Northstar owners will use their points at Northstar in the off or shoulder season. Why would they? They don’t have to since they own the peak weeks anyway. They will use there points in San Francisco or Carmel or elsewhere. Leaving plenty of space for the rest of us.

Now before you guys say the off season is bad, let me say I own a condo (365 day a year) in South Lake Tahoe. I go to Tahoe a lot and always go in December for my wife’s Birthday. I know from years of experience that weeks 47 – 49 (typically bronze) are better than a Christmas week (Diamond) because the snow is the same, weather same, and it is less crowded, fewer people in line for the ski lifts. Also, prices are cheaper.

Also, I anticipate many (not all) of the people who buy at Northstar will be from Northern California. Being from Northern California, I understand the mindset of the people here when it come to Tahoe. We consider it a weekend getaway, 90 minutes from Sacramento, 2-3 hours from the Bay Area. Most people don’t go to Tahoe for 7 days. Usually 2-3 days over a weekend. I anticipate for this reason that there will be some mid-week availability in peak season.

The reason I see Hyatt going to fractional is a pure business decision. It is very hard to sell "mud" weeks at ski resorts, and Northstar is essentially a ski resort. Hyatt is packaging a good/great ski (or summer) weeks with “poor” mud weeks. To get the “good” you must buy the “bad” and at top dollar. Do the math, the cheapest 2 bedroom platinum week is approx $131,000. This HUGE Price Tags buys you a week in Platinum season and 2450 anytime points. Compare this to High Sierra 5 miles away. Platinum 2 bedroom week at High Sierra down the road will run you maybe $25,000? Combine that with 2 bronze weeks at maybe $9,000/each. So for approximately $43k ($25k+$9k+$9k), - - I think you can do it cheaper - - you get the same platinum week and more points (2600pts vs. 2450pts). Yes you will pay 3 maintenance fees BUT the MF at Northstar will be high, maybe higher.

-TJ :wave:

Last edited:

tahoeJoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
THX1965,

Again be HAPPY if you get into these fractional hyatts every few years because Im sure the new owners will be coming back and back to their home resort for at lease 3-5 years after they buy into the hyatt system. I know if I payed 100k i would be going every season and use all my points at my Home resort.

Maybe during the peak season weeks (or part of the weeks) but I don't think Northstar owners will spend their 2450 ANYTIME, ANYWHERE HVC points to vacation at Northstar during the mud season when they can go to Maui, or Carmel or San Francisco. There will be availability at Northstar for non-owners.

Also, keep in mind that 2000 points from Northstar Lodge trades exactly the same as 2000 point from Pinion in Sedona.

-TJ

THX1965

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hyatt is not selling all the weeks and an owner can only be assured of one fixed week per year. They are only selling 20 weeks a year and a bunch of points......I don’t think Northstar owners will use their points at Northstar in the off or shoulder season. Why would they? They don’t have to since they own the peak weeks anyway..... Leaving plenty of space for the rest of us.

Now before you guys say the off season is bad.......

Being from Northern California, we consider it a weekend getaway......

The reason I see Hyatt going to fractional is a pure business decision. It is very hard to sell "mud" weeks at ski resorts, and Northstar is essentially a ski resort.......

TahoeJoe,

thanks for your comment. I think you're spot on. I totally agree with you - there will be plenty of availablity in the off or shoulder season and even mid-week peak. That is the case already with Aspen and Beaver Creek. Why should it be any different with Tahoe?

I personally like spring skiing and I really hate waiting in line to get up the mountain. So, spring is perfect. We just returned from a great week in Tahoe (Sierra Lodge). Warm weather, still wonderful spring snow (not slushy at all) and nobody around. We had the mountains to ourselves. It was amazing. I am from Europe (Austria) and this kind of spring snow weather only lasts for maybe a day over there before the snow gets really slushy and ugly. I was really blown away, how beautiful it was in Tahoe at this time of the year.

We got attracted to Hyatt because of their very flexible and generous points system and the upscale direction they're taking with all of their new resorts. Westin is doing the same thing (on the design side), but their points system is terrible, IMHO. So, now that I know that everybody will benefit from these new luxury fractional ownership resorts, I am really glad I bought into the Hyatt system, especially with my extremely low maintenance costs in Sedona.

mesamirage

TUG Member
Reaction score
I totally agree with you - there will be plenty of availablity in the off or shoulder season and even mid-week peak. .

I also 100% agree with this.... remember Hyatt only cares if they sell these weeks and collect the yearly fees... they don't care if the actual owners who shelled out $100's of thousands's stay in them or not. Typically the folks who purchase weeks don't worry about getting the value from them but rather like knowing they have the elite access when they do decide to use it. When we were up at Beaver Creek last year the sales rep (and we know they are soooo truthful) chatted with me about the typical high end owner and how they don't use the time they get. Example of that is all the multimillion dollar homes in Beaver Creek that are empty YEAR-ROUND.

Westin is doing the same thing (on the design side), but their points system is terrible, IMHO. .

Yup.. yup... sold my Westin Kierland week last year... system just doesn't work... the call in at 6am 365 days before the desired vacation just DOES NOT work for me... I did it... because I had to to get the dates I wanted. They have no online reservation system...etc etc.. Now the resorts are very nice and we like them, so we purchased a little $1800 2 bedroom unit (2 of them) at Sheraton Desert Oasis (which is still Westin/Starwood) and we have traded that for Maui, Palm Springs, Kierland, etc... my $400 MF is the little unit that can. We are off to Maui late may for 2 weeks in a 2 bedroom at the Westin...

I am really glad I bought into the Hyatt system, especially with my extremely low maintenance costs in Sedona.

Yep on this also... Not only is Sedona cheap in terms of Hyatt MFs... the entire Hyatt system is reasonible (less fractionals) to the rest of the higher end Timeshares.. MFs are still going up, but its a chronic problem to the entire industry.

Go Hyatt!! It only gets better from here!! Yeehaw!

sullco

Reaction score
HVC in Interval International

I also think that the 1300 HVC point level required for II makes Hyatt a good way to get into high end II properties as a way to augment the Hyatt internal system.

So, Hyatt remains a great way to get into timeshare/fractional ownership.

GTLINZ

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I can’t speak to Siesta Key; buy as for Northstar Lodge I COMPLETELY DISAGEE. I know I differ from Carmel85 but hear me out.

I think fractionals are a GOOD thing and there will be a lot of availability in the “off season” and “shoulder season” and some availability mid-week during the peak season.

-TJ :wave:

I have been looking at buying into Hyatt, and I think that the existing owners are getting a raw deal because this is a BAD thing. I would like to hear from Kal on this, but here is what I am thinking.

Yes, you will likely have easy access (especially offseason) into these newer fractional units at great locations. But you will also have owners in these fractional units with enough points (besides their owned week) to compete with everyone else for peak units at existing (and fractional) locations WITHOUT giving up their week. The more fractional units are sold, the harder it will get to trade into the existing non-fractional units. Looks to me like Hyatt is pushing you towards playing it safe and using the unit/week you own because the big money boys are getting to play both sides of the fence.

I am looking at this from the outside, but this does not look good to me :eek:

Carmel85

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been looking at buying into Hyatt, and I think that the existing owners are getting a raw deal because this is a BAD thing. I would like to hear from Kal on this, but here is what I am thinking.

Yes, you will likely have easy access (especially offseason) into these newer fractional units at great locations. But you will also have owners in these fractional units with enough points (besides their owned week) to compete with everyone else for peak units at existing (and fractional) locations WITHOUT giving up their week. The more fractional units are sold, the harder it will get to trade into the existing non-fractional units. Looks to me like Hyatt is pushing you towards playing it safe and using the unit/week you own because the big money boys are getting to play both sides of the fence.

I personally think you should keep looking from the outside!!!

LOOKS like you do not know about Hyatt!!!

Hyatt is EXCELLENT!!!!

PLEASE DO NOT BUY HYATT DO NOT BUY HYATT!!!! (more rooms for all of us owners that know Hyatt)

Kal's on vacation

PA-

TUG Member
Reaction score

Look at it this way, Glintz.

At San Antonio or Sedona or Coconut (all non-fractionals), all 52 weeks will be sold in each and every unit. So 100% of the resort will be sold.

The same is true in the fractional resorts, although they are sold to fewer owners. So I don't see that it should have much impact either way on existing owners how they sell new resorts.

If Aspen were not a fractional resort, the "big money guys" that buy week 51 and 52 would still use their units most of the time. After all, that's why they pay the big bucks. If they needed additional points, they'd just buy another week. Lots of owners have more than 1 week.

As long as Hyatt sells points equating to 100% of the units/weeks, availability will always be an issue, whether they sell them to few or many different individuals.

However, I think growth and a greater choice of resorts will always be a good thing, no matter how they sell it.

DeweyWhopper

Reaction score
I personally think you should keep looking from the outside!!!

LOOKS like you do not know about Hyatt!!!

Hyatt is EXCELLENT!!!!

PLEASE DO NOT BUY HYATT DO NOT BUY HYATT!!!! (more rooms for all of us owners that know Hyatt)

Kal's on vacation

Carmel85, I love your passion for the Hyatt system. And because of some of the info you have provided I even bought another 2,000 pt Hyatt week, bringing my total of Hyatt ponts to 4,200. So I appreciate all of your postings.

However, I find the tone of many of your posts quite confrontational. Usually, you just provide great info. But sometimes, like above, your tone and use of exclamation points makes you look like a cyber bully. Maybe you are often being sarcastic, and I just can't tell.

Anyway, just my two cents.

DeweyWhopper

Carmel85

TUG Member
Reaction score
Carmel85, I love your passion for the Hyatt system. And because of some of the info you have provided I even bought another 2,000 pt Hyatt week, bringing my total of Hyatt ponts to 4,200. So I appreciate all of your postings.

However, I find the tone of many of your posts quite confrontational. Usually, you just provide great info. But sometimes, like above, your tone and use of exclamation points makes you look like a cyber bully. Maybe you are often being sarcastic, and I just can't tell.

DeweyWhopper

DeweyWhopper,

Im not trying to be confrontational but I really get tired of NON Hyatt owners trying to down HYATT and not knowing the Hyatt system. Some people don't even want to take the time to learn about Hyatt or the Hyatt system.

NO Cyber bully here, I just want people to think before they speak about Hyatt especially NON Hyatt owners that do NOT have a clue.

Im sure you are glad you bought a total of 4200 points that is a perfect amount going forward.

Again sorry if I come across HARSH and that is why you are starting to see some of the top Hyatt Tug people not speaking so much on this board because we get tired of the BS which is said here about Hyatt on this board.

ENJOY HYATT!!!

PA-

TUG Member
Reaction score
Glintz has a right to his opinion, whether or not he's an owner. Even if he's not fully knowledgeable about the Hyatt system. Sounds to me like he's done his research and formed a valid opinion. If I disagree with him, I'll debate the issue. When we ban or drive away non-owners or those with alternate opinions from expressing their feelings, I'll find another board to discuss timeshares.

The Hyatt Vacation Club is a good system for some, and a bad system for others. Without the ability to interact and ask questions, you'll never learn which it is for you. Carmel's opinion is that it's great for everyone. Anyone that questions that is humiliated and bashed. Heck, even those that buy in at less than 2000 points is made to feel like they're an idiot. I wish he would tone it down a lot. There's others on this board that don't agree and wish he would stop dominating the conversation.

Carmel85

TUG Member
Reaction score
Glintz has a right to his opinion, whether or not he's an owner. Even if he's not fully knowledgeable about the Hyatt system. Sounds to me like he's done his research and formed a valid opinion. If I disagree with him, I'll debate the issue. When we ban or drive away non-owners or those with alternate opinions from expressing their feelings, I'll find another board to discuss timeshares.

The Hyatt Vacation Club is a good system for some, and a bad system for others. Without the ability to interact and ask questions, you'll never learn which it is for you. Carmel's opinion is that it's great for everyone. Anyone that questions that is humiliated and bashed. Heck, even those that buy in at less than 2000 points is made to feel like they're an idiot. I wish he would tone it down a lot. There's others on this board that don't agree and wish he would stop dominating the conversation.

PA,

Dont worry I will not be speaking for a while, personally I might now even talk at all since it looks like your and other don't need my info.

I will be only give out my good Hyatt info to only a select few Hyatt Tuggers in PM only.

I find it really funny some of you want want want ALL the Hyatt info you can get then you turn around and I get stabbed in the back!!!

Dont worry Kal and only a select few other Hyatt owners will get the good Hyatt info before this board does.

Some of the Hyatt owners know I get the BEST info on Hyatt more that most people (Im sure Kal can back me up on this point) so maybe you can think what you want about me but I know my Hyatt stuff.

Weather if you have a valid opinion or not, I look at people that don't know Hyatt and do not want to learn real ___ _____!!!!

Enjoy PA you have this board to yourself but I do hope you do not KILL Hyatt with NON FACTS and LIES about HYATT and the HYATT system.

YES I only say buy 2200 or 2000 point weeks and yes if you buy less that that you might just be a idiot (costs over the years vs the usage)!!! MY OPINION NOT yours PA!!

Last edited:

DeweyWhopper

Reaction score
DeweyWhopper,

Im not trying to be confrontational but I really get tired of NON Hyatt owners trying to down HYATT and not knowing the Hyatt system. Some people don't even want to take the time to learn about Hyatt or the Hyatt system.

NO Cyber bully here, I just want people to think before they speak about Hyatt especially NON Hyatt owners that do NOT have a clue.

Im sure you are glad you bought a total of 4200 points that is a perfect amount going forward.

Again sorry if I come across HARSH and that is why you are starting to see some of the top Hyatt Tug people not speaking so much on this board because we get tired of the BS which is said here about Hyatt on this board.

ENJOY HYATT!!!

Carmel85,

Thanks for taking my comments in stride. I do think you are a huge asset to us Hyatt guys and a great source of information. Whenever I see that you are the OP, I make sure to read your thread. I hope you will continue to share your info and enthusiasm for Hyatt, as I have learned a lot from your posts.

Thanks,
Dewey

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Carmel: Did I understand you correctly. Sedona 2200 point package costs $21,000-$23,000? We're heading to Sedona in October and was going to check that resort out. TIA

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Carmel -- what is Kal's website--can you post it please?

taffy19

Reaction score
Cathy,

Kal has a great web site where he explains the system well and also keeps people informed of what is new at the Hyatt. He is on vacation right now as I received a PM from Carmel85 the other day.

I would love to stay updated about the Hyatt system. I like it as you can own a fixed week/unit but can also exchange for points to anywhere so long you have enough of them. :)

I have a feeling that the newest timeshare resorts are going to be very expensive because of the super locations.

Carmel85

TUG Member
Reaction score
Carmel: Did I understand you correctly. Sedona 2200 point package costs $21,000-$23,000? We're heading to Sedona in October and was going to check that resort out. TIA

Cathyb,

Sedona Hyatt is great if you can get a 2200 point resale for 21k-23k because Sedona has low MF's and not much weather problems.

Also try buying Tahoe because this resort is sold out and also has low MF's. Tahoe seems to get higher resale value because of supply and demand and really only one resale agent really has the market tied up. He is one of the only Hyatt re-sales Hyatt works with so you can always get through ROFR (great deal). Another big factor is Tahoe only has so much land and NOT to much new if any new resorts with FULL beach access.

Carmel is a great resort on never going to build it or anything like it here in Carmel,California but the MF's are too HIGH.

Have a great trip to Sedona you will love itand i hope you get a 2200 point week real soon.

Carmel85

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cathy,

Kal has a great web site where he explains the system well and also keeps people informed of what is new at the Hyatt. He is on vacation right now as I received a PM from Carmel85 the other day.

I would love to stay updated about the Hyatt system. I like it as you can own a fixed week/unit but can also exchange for points to anywhere so long you have enough of them. :)

I have a feeling that the newest timeshare resorts are going to be very expensive because of the super locations.

I agree with you 100% the new Hyatt resorts for a 2200 point week are going to be close or over 100k in Maui, to judge this price just look next door at the Marriott maui and their 2 new towers 100K+-

That is why I have been saying if you can get a 2200 point week for 21-23k you will be ahead of the game.

Thank you again for all those great Maui pictures!!

benjaminb13

Reaction score

HI Glintz
Heres another point of view- even without fractionals Hyatt still has great resorts and a killer system.
the fractionals - are a plus- so every once in a while a member can experience extra points to stay in a 100000 resort- even if it is the off season
I noticed you own at HGVC- I do to- If you havent yet, check a HVC out ,youll really notice an upgrade in quality.

GTLINZ

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
HI Glintz
Heres another point of view- even without fractionals Hyatt still has great resorts and a killer system.
the fractionals - are a plus- so every once in a while a member can experience extra points to stay in a 100000 resort- even if it is the off season
I noticed you own at HGVC- I do to- If you havent yet, check a HVC out ,youll really notice an upgrade in quality.

Thanks Benjaminb13.

I am considering buying Hyatt and trying to figure out how the system works. I have done a lot of research and am alway suspicious of change since timeshare companies are in it for the buck. Not sure why I have to get attacked, but from reading previous posts I am not surprised that I was. It does not bother me - I just want to learn and the type of discussion here is supposed to be the point of these forums. I own HGVC, I understand it and try to post on that board to help people that are asking questions. Tug is a great resource and was instrumental in helping me before I ever bought a timeshare. Kal seems to be the champion for HVC and I hope to hear his opinion on this. Carmel said he is on vacation.

The reason I am suspicious of the fractionals is based on my reading that the owners will receive their peak week PLUS a lot of points (2350?). If this assumption is wrong, please correct me. I also read that they will not sell all of the weeks at fractional locations so there will be excess inventory to balance out the "extra points" now in the system. So doesn't this mean that fractional owners (and more is coming) will be able to use their peak week, and then also use their points to compete for other peak weeks at other locations? It seems to me the non fractional owners are competing for excess weeks at non-fractional locations during peak season and the inventory that balances this out is units at fractional locations with non-peak locations. I really don't mind travelling offpeak, but it sure seems this will make getting weeks harder as more and more fractional units are sold.