• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2008] HSI; Mayan Palace; The Bliss? What´s the catch?

TunaImNew

Reaction score
Hi All,

I just purchased a 2 BDR unit Red Weeks for 2 weeks a year at The Mayan Palace´s newest addition called The Bliss.
The deal seems way to good to be true and I only have 1 more day left to recind if needed.
They say I can sell my existing timeshare at Pueblo Bonito 1 week a year in a Junior Suite Red Weeks which has 25 years left for @ $15,000-$19,000 via a broker. I can purchase at The Bliss, which is supposed to be higher end than the Grand Mayans, for $20,000 and they will sell 7 burn weeks which returns us $6,800 by Feb. We would be getting a 2 BDR 2 weeks a year with 13 Burn Weeks left over.
This sounds incredible if all is true or even most of it. Essentially, we sell our Pueblo Bonito, 1 wk a yr, for more than what the total cost of a 2 BDR for 2 wks a year costs and we get it for 100 years instead of the 25 years which is left on our Pueblo Bonito.
They say that HSI is the best thing to come around for timeshares and advise us to never use RCI or SFX or anyone else because this system is so fantastic.
Why is all of this to good to be true? How are they going to jack us? I´m ready to reicnd but want to make sure I´m being misled befor e doing it because it really does sound great.

Please Please Help us. Thanks All

calgarygary

TUG Member
Reaction score
Run, run very fast away from HSI. A cursory look at their listings tells me that they are not in the business of selling your ts - a 3 bedroom at Vistana Villages for $36900!!!! That's a total joke except for the poor owner who thinks that it might sell.

This deal will soon find you carrying 2 timeshares and extra weeks that can't sell for your mf.

tombo

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
RESCIND, RESCIND, RESCIND!!!!!!!!!!

After rescinding, ask them to sell your current RTU Pueblo Bonita for $15,000 or more and you will consider purchasing from them.They won't even discuss it with you except to tell you that a broker could get that for you. A broker probably won't get you $1000 for what you currently own (at todays deflated prices) and will try to rip you off by charging an up front selling fee. Go on e-bay and watch the prices that the Grand Mayans are selling for. Many weeks sell for less than $1000.

Research here on TUG, watch e-bay, decide what if anything would be a good purchase for you, and buy later RESALE if you need a different week. But for now read threads on the procedure for rescinding in Mexico and for goodness sake hurry up and RESCIND, RESCIND, RESCIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stefa

TUG Member
Reaction score
Be very careful and make sure you follow the instructions to the letter when you rescind.

TunaImNew

Reaction score
Thread for RESCINDING Contract please Help? Oh Lordy

Hi All,

I was warned to know more about rescinding prior to doing it.
Does anyone know of a thread I can check to cover my bases before I do it?
I´m heading down real shortly, time is running out.

Thanks All

calgarygary

TUG Member
Reaction score
Every contract is unique in how to rescind. Follow the exact instructions of your contract. Do not replace courier service if it states 'mail', do not fax, email, phone, etc. in place of the manner dictated in your contract. If it states mail (as most do) it is always best to invest in a return receipt. What will matter is the date you have postmarked not the date your ts receives letter rescinding.

Jim McLaren

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here's a template you can use for your rescission letter. It's the one I used.
September 9, 2007

Your Name
Your address

Mr. John Doe
Address in your contract

Dear Mr. Doe,

Re: Agreement between __________ and Coral Resorts, LLC, dated September 5, 2006.

We refer to the above contract and hereby exercise our right to cancel and withdraw from our agreement with Coral Resorts LLC for the purchase of unit number IL323-Tri-X in Vacation Week 6 together with any related finance agreement entered for the purchase of said property.

Accordingly, we request that you immediately return all monies paid by us to date.

Your payment should be made payable to ___________ and sent to the address listed above.

Your Signature
Your Name goes here
Obviously you'll want to change the resort and unit information. Good luck.

Real McCoy

Reaction score
How to rescind

Hola!
We fell for the same scan where they virtually promised $$$ for our current timeshare, but did not commit in writing. Now, after thinking and reading, it is clear that there is NO guarantee we won't end up with two properties.

We are rescinding tomorrow, the first day after we signed the contract. Our contract says to deliver ALL documents to the Company representative at the resort (no problem), AND to notify in writing by certified mail, return receipt.

Has anyone sent this type of document via Mexican mail? By time we hit the states the five day recension time will have passes, so we are looking at doing it while in Mexico, but have not used Mexican post before.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Bill4728

Reaction score
No idea about the mexican mail.

About rescinding: There are several accounts of the mexican salesmen trying to say that you do not have the right to rescind. It is a lie!! you can rescind. Do It NOW!!.

Good Luck

Real McCoy

Reaction score
Rescind

Thanks Bill,

It is number one on our list. After it set in we got really aggravated. We are hand delivering the documents to the resort tomorrow and get out letter in the mail. The bad thing is, once you leave Mexico it is difficult to deliver the documents back to them, especially since we need a signed acknowledgment of receipt as well. I believe the people at our current time share will help us with the mail.

Thanks again!

Cathyb1

Reaction score
Mayan Palace Grand Bliss

Thank you all for posting to this site. I was really losing sleep over what I was talked into 12/11 the day before my departure from the M.P. I purchased in 2003 at the M.P. and really enjoyed it. I always turn down the offer for the "Owners Update", but this time I finally said ok on my last full day there. Despite saying "no" numerous times I ended up trading my 1 bedroom suite for a sudio at the Grand Bliss plus an additional 9K. I still can't fugure out how I said yes. Knowing now that I still have right to recind the contract makes me feel 100% better. According to PROFECO it is impossible to "waive" your rights even if you sign the document. I plan to review the contract now and send a letter via snail mail and email a letter requesting they cancel my "upgrade", return my downpayment on my CC and reinstate my original contract which I plan to continue to enjoy. I will also notify my credit card to place a "hold" on the downpayment. I really appreciate the postings and advise. The M.P. are really nice resorts with exceptional resort staff, but I do not require a fancier room with golf. I don't golf and the M.P. is a nice clean place. Thanks again.

Real McCoy

Reaction score
Looking for contractual language

I am still in the process of rescinding our Mayan contract. I have written a letter to send after we return the "documents" to them on Tuesday (tomorrow). I will be delivering the package to their "representative" while my wife either photographs or video tapes the transaction because we are NOT making another trip to pursue legal action.

I have some legal training and am studying Mexican law, but the contract must be interpreted by the language used, regardless of what the law says. If the contract conflicts with law then the entire agreement is non-binding and a nullity.

I am curious as to anyone who has the particular language used in the clause for recension. I want to see how the various resorts convey this prerogative and the requirements they impose upon the client. If anybody has their particular contract language please post it so I can review. It would be greatly appreciated.

I'll post the results of our delivery after Tuesday.

Here is the letter:

C/O Desarrollo Marina Vallarta
S.A. de C.V.
Contact Center, Ave.
Insurgentes Sur 800
Piso 11
Col. Del Valle. C.P. 03100
Mexico, D.F.

Desarrolo Marina Vallarta or other duly authorized representative,

Pursuant to Clause 12 – GENERAL PROVISIONS - of the Agreement, (Contract Number) executed on Dec. 12, 2008 between Mayan Palace Regency and __________, this letter is our formal notice, in accordance with Clause 12, - GENERAL PROVISIONS – Section (B), wherein We hereby notify you in writing within the specified “five (5) days after the date member signed this agreement…” for the purposes of rescinding such Agreement. Consider this letter the conveyance by which such intentions are expressed and contractually exercised.

Pursuant to Clause 12 – GENERAL PROVISIONS – of the Agreement, (Contract Number), all documentation was tendered to the Member Service Representative at the Mayan Palace, and whose name is __________, and who issued a signed receipt therefore. The transaction was witnessed by __________, and recorded by photography.

We, the above referenced parties, __________, wish to immediately, definitely, and expressly RESCIND the aforementioned Agreement, (Contract Number) as of December 13, 2008, and subsequently expect all monies heretofore tendered to be remitted to We, the above referenced parties, within 15 days of receipt of this letter, per the stipulations outlined in Clause 12 of the Agreement.

All monies may be returned to the following address:

Signed: Date:

_____________________________________ Date:

Cathyb1

Reaction score
Grand Bliss - Rescinding

Thank you all for the great advise on "rescinding" my upgrade. I followed the advise and sent the "original" contract documents (kept copy for myself) as they demand in the Sales Agreement. For the Grand Bliss it is Clause 11., most others it is Clause 12. I sent it registered mail and must say, while I never got the "receipt" returned, the U.S.P.S. provides you with a certificate of mailing with the address. My letter was polite and I did not copy or threaten PROFECO or anything else, just that I wished to exercise my right to rescind as stated in Clause 11 and requested they reinstate my original M.P. membership. I also filed the dispute with MasterCard, that was no problem. GroupoMayan refunded my upgrade deposit of $2,800. without any problems or hassle. I was told my original Mayan Palace should be reinstated to the orignal contact within the next 15 days. I will keep an eye on that one to make sure.

I did have to make several calls to Customer Service and they were always polite and escalated my call to the Sales Supervisor when it was at 3-weeks.

Thanks to all who post such excellent advise.

seahorst

Reaction score
Recinded Contract

We bought into the deal where the Mayan would "trade" for our timeshare, but somehow got roped into the same deal as Cathyb1 where we were ultimately responsible for selling our TS ourselves. We were panicked! After reading some of the threads below, we sent email, faxed them, and mailed our stuff back (within the 5 days). We felt like we were going to have a real difficult time since we were already back in the states. I think the one thing we did that helped was to copy the Mexican authorities (from the brochure link in one of the threads). They sent us back a reply that said we were within our rights under Mexican law, copying the people at the Mayan. At any rate, the only trouble we had was getting a phone call from the Mayan trying to renegotiate into something different and cheaper. But after we refused, the money was refunded ($26K), and we are free and clear of them. Just thought people might like to hear that it is not all gloom and doom. Sometimes, they will comply.

TGrunow

Reaction score
Mayan Bliss Resorts

So, what happened in your scenario. Did you purchase? We own at Pueblo Bonito until 2017 (and love it). But we purchased Mayan earlier in 2009 and were promised all sorts of things too - none have come true - including our rental of our 6 units and :bawl: equity exchange of some 12 timeshare units. :crash: is this all a scam or has someone experience positive results?:shrug:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Please note that this thread is a year old, but you can contact the original poster by clicking on their blue user name and sending them an email.

There is more info. about this resort on the TUG Mexico board - would you like me to move your post there?

Last edited: