• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2008] Cliffs Club Kaui vs Marriott (advice)

zerap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi have owned at Cliff Club in Kaui for 10 years and have been very happy with the exchanges. (Marriott Hilton Head, Ocean Pointe and Grande Vista)
I have no plans to go to Kaui because of the distance only will exhange.

My question is walk away from The Cliffs and now buy Ocean pointe or Grande Vista with the prices so low or keep exchanging?

My maintenace on the 2 bedroom is $1,000 a year. I always recieve the AC because of prime season.

We love Marriott

Thanks for your help

Barry

teepeeca

TUG Member
Reaction score
When you say "walk away" from the Cliffs Club, I hope you don't mean that you will just stop paying your obligated yearly maintenance fees. I hope you "do" mean that you will sell, donate, or give to a friend, relative, or even a stranger, the timeshare unit, and that they will willingly accept the unit, and obligation.

If you feel that you will get better usage out of a "new" timeshare purchase, and that it will work for you, then I would think that you should try to divest yourself of the Cliffs Club unit.

Tony

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
As Tony said, you cannot walk away from your timeshare ownership. They will turn you over to collections and it will damage your credit. Unfortunately, the resale value for Cliffs Club is down to nothing, so it may be difficult to get rid of it.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
What did you decide to do?

I am a Cliffs Club owner and we have mostly exchanged it as well. However, we have enjoyed our trips there when we have gone. We saw the upgraded unit on our last visit and know the pool will be or is done soon. What did you decide to do? Did they accept a quit claim deed?

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Zerap, what did you end up doing with your Cliffs Club? We quit claimed a different, less desirable resort, back to the club, which they were happy to do. I am curious what you did with the Cliffs as we own there as well. Thanks.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This thread is 2 years old, and zerap has not logged onto TUG for 4 mos. Your best bet is to click on their blue user name and send them an email.

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Denise, thank you.

rsackett

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Harbour Point
A hint might be if you read the resorts under his avatar.

Ray