• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2007] WARNING! We Collect Timeshares/Cornerstone Closings/other names as well

coppersmom1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi- I wanted to post some warnings of a company who seems to have many names, addresses and e-bay usernames. Unfortunately I purchased from these people on e-bay, had more problems and delays than I could count and now find out that they were out and out lying. First let me list the names and cities I know they have addresses in:

-We Collect Timeshares LLC
I think 2 addresses in Olympia WA and I found an address in Tumwater, as well as a PO Box in Olympia
-Cornerstone Closings LLC (in house escrow co and old e-bay username)
Olympia WA
-GoldCrownTimeshares (current e-bay username, as far as I know)
-TimesharesByWholesale (former e-bay username)

They were to pay a tax bill for me (CA timeshare, so billed separately from Maintenance fees), which they didn’t do- I got stuck with a delinquent bill, even though I have numerous emails with them promising to pay. Most of the taxes, if you look at the dates, were not my responsibility. They also promised us a partial refund (I also have emails regarding that) due to all the problems. I saved MANY of these emails with promises in them.

Now let me tell the story of the previous owner. When they went to the “seminar” they told them they rent out the units inexpensively to cover maintenance fees etc.. Since they had paid the scamming “upfront fee” companies to sell before and nothing happened, they thought We Collect Timeshares was a good way to “get rid of” their weeks (CA coastal weeks!). It would just be a “burden” to their heirs they were told…the usual spiel. They paid We Collect Timeshares approximately $3000 to take the weeks off their hands. Months later they tell them they have sold the weeks (one to me) which they didn’t understand. When they asked how it ended up being sold they were then told that “occasionally” they’ll sell a few weeks (ha! They all go on e-bay). I know this mans story because I knew his name and business from emails sent to both of us. I looked him up online, took a chance and called him.

To try and tell the whole story of the problems while in escrow would take me writing a book, so I’ll try to give an overview. People quitting so your “contacts” are gone and the emails you send never read, calling and never being told your “contacts” are gone and no return phone calls, our file sitting “somewhere” for at least 2 months untouched, mistakes in the paperwork causing SD county to keep sending the paperwork back. Best of all I was told they finally had a “contact” that helped them get it all corrected- that person was the previous owner! They told me it was someone at the county. The truth as I know it is that the previous owner took it to a friend and had him work the kinks out of the paperwork then the owners did the work at the recorders office themselves, just to get it out of their name. I wondered why more than one week owned by these people managed to be done the same day! (Their escrow person telling me all of this).

The escrow person bad mouthed the previous owners to me over and over again, they are troublemakers etc. I’m sorry but I spoke to these people on the phone and all they wanted, after PAYING these people to take the timeshare…was to have it OUT of their name. As it ended up they were still “stuck” with it and ended up doing much of the work. I also did a lot of work on some parts to try and expedite the closing process and find out tax information. Once I had someone who would talk to me- most of what came out of her mouth, and most of what was in all the emails, were pure lies.

Now I know…the Company is not licensed by the WA Real Estate Commission, and that office is compiling a complaint file against them. I plan on filing a complaint with the Attorney General and the BBB and anyone else I can file a complaint with. They need to be stopped.

I have my story and the offer of a written complaint by the previous owner. If anyone else wishes to help in filing complaints, add a complaint of their own, or even help ME in figuring out how to stop these people- please PM me. Please, if ANY of you with so much knowledge can help me with this, I’d appreciate it.

The worst for me was finding out I bought something that was not even supposed to be SOLD! I felt horrible, as if I had done something wrong. The other owner told me his entire story, very calmly and matter of fact. He is a businessman and I trust that he is telling me the truth- he has no reason to lie. I have no reason to lie. However someone who lies to people in seminars (yes I know the whole postcard co issue) to the point of saying they aren’t selling the units? THAT is lying. To me it seems like fraud. Those of you who know some about law…is it fraud?

If the latest e-bay username starts getting negative feedback they will just change it again- I found 3 or 4 usernames. I had to tell this story. Please stay away from these people if possible. Not only due to the lying but also due to the trouble you will likely have getting your purchases closed. It took us 6 months and things were not finished as we were promised they would be.

Machta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow! They have over SIXTY listings on eBay right now! Thanks so much for posting--a couple of weeks ago I almost bid on one of their listings. I appreciate your post!

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Now this is a good reason not to do business with a postcard company. While I do feel sorry for those who give them money to "take their timesahare off their hand," I also believe each person is responsible for their own decisions. If they don't research the buy and then they don't research the sell, it's hard for me to have lot of sympathy for getting taken on the back side too.

Now as for the postcard company not being able to even get the timeshare out of the previous owners name and into a new owners name is beyond belief. At this point, you need to get the complaint form for real estate complaint from the state of CA and file a complaint. Then you'll be doing your part to make these companies either straighten up and fly right or get out of the business.

coppersmom1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies

As far as the previous owner goes, he didn't care that he was paying them, he thought he couldn't "get rid of it" due to paying the upfront fee companies and having no help selling. He simply didn't know. At the same time they couldn't understand how these weeks they'd enjoyed so much couldn't sell. But yes, he could have researched it a lot more.

I told him about TUG ads, redweek.com and couple other sites. Also about how I had looked for a few years for a week at that property at a good price. He then knew even more what a mistake he'd made. However he was kind enough to not take anything out on me, to tell me what a nice place it was and to please enjoy our purchase and not feel bad. Then offered to help by filing written complaints if necessary.

If the company is located in Washington, and the timeshare in CA...do I file complaints in both states?? I will do whatever it takes.

Yes, this IS, in my opinion a good reason not to do business with a postcard co. Also there is (or was) a website under the "we collect timeshares" name that shows the postcard. You can even see the name doesn't fit with the rest of the print for some reasonon the "about us" page. Maybe there was yet another previous name? I didn't want to put a link on here, I can't remember if it is against the rules here.

Thank you for your replies.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
They collect timeshares, but I collect postcards! I have one of theirs right here in my collection.

There has to be a better alternative for these people to get rid of their timeshares. If this is a California timeshare, certainly there are owners at THAT resort would like to own these weeks, if they could get them for free. Wouldn't that be a better alternative?

Once you are an owner at this resort, would you suggest they send a newsletter once a year with information about postcard companies and a way that owners could list their timeshares on a website or through a usergroup?

This is what my previous post was all about. I have to at least give credit to Timeshare Relief for doing a good job at transferring the weeks from original owners to new, with a simultaneous closing of the week into their own names in the middle of the two. Two closings for one week sure is the loophole the postcard companies needed to make sure they get the money, even during a Right of First Refusal process.

Copycats generally don't do as well as the originals, I am guessing. :wall:

coppersmom1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cindy,

I've read all of your posts over time about the postcard co.'s so I am aware of your quest to stop them.

Right now my battle is to try and stop this company. I feel that not removing the previous owners names from the deed as promised (last summer!) and also selling it when they claimed they "don't sell" is WAY beyond
unacceptable, in fact beyond even unethical. Unfortunately I don't have the good health or time to battle many things at once, so for now this company (or family of companies) gets my attention.

The 2 that closed in one week were because the previous owner of my week also owned the other week at another resort and walked it through to get his name off the deeds (after all it is all they asked them to do).

Also, had the seller done more research, he would have been able to do a whole lot more than give away his weeks, he could have sold them for a nice sum of money. They bought both from the developer when the resorts were first being sold and (like some other friends of mine) honestly had no real idea of what to do once it came time to sell.

Bill4728

Reaction score
I also had very similar problem with Cornorstone. The first person I worked with there didn't seem to do anything for the first three months of closing. After the first of the year, Zona at Cornerstone did get things moving. It did require sending the paperwork to Orange county at least twice but we closed last month.

Cindy said:
There has to be a better alternative for these people to get rid of their timeshares. If this is a California timeshare, certainly there are owners at THAT resort would like to own these weeks, if they could get them for free. Wouldn't that be a better alternative?
The resort I just bought is still in sales and the resort would love to get this TS back for free. But instead the owner paid "we collect TS" >$3000.

coppersmom1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also had very similar problem with Cornorstone. The first person I worked with there didn't seem to do anything for the first three months of closing. After the first of the year, Zona at Cornerstone did get things moving. It did require sending the paperwork to Orange county at least twice but we closed last month.

Bill- I trusted Zona and the promises she made (to get taxes paid etc.) but in the end I called her on the fact that she kept saying "the owner is out of town", or has not been in yet etc. etc." When I finally called her on all of it that was the end of any replies. Yes, ours closed too, but as I found out, mostly because of the previous owner having paperwork fixed up and taking it to the recorders office (fortunately they live in the cty. the weeks were in). It was good that it closed but hurt that someone I trusted (Zona) was either having her strings pulled by her boss in what to tell us, or she was out and out lying on her own. Bill was the first one named Elizabeth?

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Here is a post, written by a person that works for the company in question here. This is from the new forums at www.redweek.com:

RESPONDING to JAYJAY
How many timeshares do you own? I've worked with over a 1000 different properties. I meet people who have filed BK and the bankruptcy and the courts won't let them out of their properties. I meet with people who have called charities who will not take any timeshares and some charities who will not take their specific property. I've lots of people whose resort won't even take it back for free and when they stop paying their fees the resort sues them or send them to collections.

You also need to take into consideration that the resorts are renting properties out today to the general public so why buy a timeshare and be locked into it if you can rent them out? Also the internet has made lots of types of traveling cheap for everyone, whether you own a timeshare or not.

People who love their timeshares do not want to hear these types of stories and they get angry at me. Then years later, when they've struggled to get out of it and CAN'T they like me and they get angry at their resorts.

We're not the bad guys. The resorts could put us out of business by taking back their properties and letting the owners OUT who want OUT.
If the resorts would take their properties back, people wouldn't need my help. I think your agression is mis-directed. Most timeshare owners do not fully understand how their contracts really work. What your saying is true JAYJAY but only for about 10% of the resorts MAYBE 15. It's not that easy for the rest of them. It's not as easy as you think.

Unfortunately, Redweek does not control its forums at all. It is a cesspool of sleaze and slime. Ugh........:rolleyes: Poor Jay Jay, who is obviously a moderator of sorts on the site, is always battling the same people and does not seem to be able to control anything they say. Between upfront fee companies and phony vacation clubs, this site is providing free advertising for lying scumbags. :mad:

biverson

Reaction score
do not do business with cornerstone closings

I too have had an awful experience with cornerstone closings. Entered contract back in November 2006. In January 2007 was told that the transfer should be complete by early febuary. I have made many inquiries many of which have never been responded to and others which were responded to with lies.

At this point (July 2007) Cornerstone Closings continues to falsely claim that paperwork has been submitted to the resort which the resort indicates is not complete. I have delt with the resort many times and have never had any problems -- I have no reason to doubt the resort when they tell me that paperwork is not complete.

skinsfan

Reaction score
I have no sympathy for Jay Jay, and we had a whole discussion that Jay Jay is not a moderator. Main reason I don’t post in that forum or waste my time reading posts there. But it is pretty funny how that person is defending their rip-off scheme! Although they did have one point, if the resorts offered a better solution for people who own the resort without debt (and want to give it away), the PCC's wouldn't be in demand!

unfortunately, Redweek does not control its forums at all. It is a cesspool of sleaze and slime. Ugh........:rolleyes: Poor Jay Jay, who is obviously a moderator of sorts on the site, is always battling the same people and does not seem to be able to control anything they say. lying scumbags. :mad:

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have no sympathy for Jay Jay, and we had a whole discussion that Jay Jay is not a moderator. Main reason I don’t post in that forum or waste my time reading posts there. But it is pretty funny how that person is defending their rip-off scheme! Although they did have one point, if the resorts offered a better solution for people who own the resort without debt (and want to give it away), the PCC's wouldn't be in demand!

Of course, this is an old post of mine. :) Yes, we know who JayJay really is now, and she certainly is not a moderator. I also stay away from Redweek's forums because I have low blood pressure and want to keep it that way.

This has been my assertion for a while now; resorts should take weeks back and give them away to owners who want them. John Chase was the first to add that information to his resort's newsletters. I think it would work, as long as people actually READ their newsletters. ;)

If all of us would do the same, insist that our resorts take back weeks owners don't want, we could get FREE and drastically reduced weeks from resorts, instead of going through the painful process of buying from some of the PCC copycat companies that don't have the process down as well as the older PCC companies do.

skinsfan

Reaction score
I didn't notice the date of your post :D lol

Of course, this is an old post of mine. :) Yes, we know who JayJay really is now, and she certainly is not a moderator. I also stay away from Redweek's forums because I have low blood pressure and want to keep it that way.

This has been my assertion for a while now; resorts should take weeks back and give them away to owners who want them. John Chase was the first to add that information to his resort's newsletters. I think it would work, as long as people actually READ their newsletters. ;)

If all of us would do the same, insist that our resorts take back weeks owners don't want, we could get FREE and drastically reduced weeks from resorts, instead of going through the painful process of buying from some of the PCC copycat companies that don't have the process down as well as the older PCC companies do.

grgs

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, WLR, So Cal Beach Club
Well, I'm very disappointed to say that I'm in a similar situation as others have reported here with Cornerstone Closings (they sell on e-bay as goldcrowntimeshare & goldcrowntimeshares). I have not reported my problems earlier as I was hoping for a some kind of resolution, but I'm not sure if or when that will come, so here goes:

At the end of March, I signed a purchase agreement on a timeshare; I paid mf for 2007, and they made a reservation for me for Xmas week, which I was hoping to rent out. I paid that same day via PayPal. The closing company and selling company are both owned by the same person (Jonathan Gibbs).

Closing began in April, with Zona Millard as the closing agent. She told me that recording would be completed in May. Between May and July, I made repeated requests for status updates. I will say that Ms. Millard was responsive to my e-mails and phone calls, assuring me that she would look into things, and get back to me. A few days or a week would go by, and I would inquire again and get the same response. So yes, she did politely respond, but never really gave me information, always assuring me that closing was just around the corner.

In July, this TUG thread was posted about problems with the postcard company also owned by Mr. Gibbs:

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50962&highlight=cornerstone+closings

As I'm sure you can understand, this post made me very nervous. Ms. Millard told me not to worry about it, and that she was working with her contact at the recorder's office to get the closing done. I asked for the name of that person so I could follow up myself. The first person she named did not work there, so I called her again, and she gave me another name. That person did indeed work at the recorder's office, but she didn't know anything about Ms. Millard or my deed. Based on this information, I informed Ms. Millard that I was putting a dispute in with PayPal and my credit card company. She assured me it would close shortly, and there was no need for me to do this. She also said she would provide documentation to me and PayPal. I never received any documentation. I also followed up with an e-mail to the owner of the company (Jonathan Gibbs) asking for his assistance. He told me he would look into it and get back to me, but never did so.

At the end of August, my credit card company informed me that they found in my favor and would be returning our money, but if the seller provided evidence of performance, the charge would be reinstated. That was fine with me, as I still wanted the purchase to go through, but it did (does?) leave me in a bit of limbo as to my status. I assumed that Cornerstone Closings would be informed of the credit card company's decision.

As I said, I still wanted the purchase to go through, so I continued to ask for status checks from the Ms. Millard, and she stated that closing was almost done. In mid-Sept., the credit card company did refund us the money. The last time I checked with the Ms. Millard (end of Sept.), she made clear that was angry that I hadn't told her I had been refunded the money. Honestly, I didn't think that was my responsibility. She also said that I would have to pay with a cashier's check, and that I would be hearing from their legal department. I admit that I was quite dismayed by her tone, and am not at all comfortable paying with a cashier's check. As of today, I've still received nothing from their legal department.

As I said, I was hoping to have a clear resolution before posting about my situtation, but I am worried about others who be interested in purchasing from this company. I can tell you that this situation has caused me an inordinate amount of stress, and I'm still not quite sure why I'm being treated this way. If they don't have unit to sell, why not just tell me that? Stuff happens, and I accept that, but I do expect to be told the truth. I have checked the recorder's website, and the unit still shows as being owned by the original owners. I wonder what they'll think when they get a bill for the 2008 maintenance fees?

Glorian

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Glorian, don't pay with a cashier's check or you can probably kiss your money goodbye. You are lucky you got out of this one. Why walk back into it?

grgs

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, WLR, So Cal Beach Club
Glorian, don't pay with a cashier's check or you can probably kiss your money goodbye. You are lucky you got out of this one. Why walk back into it?

Don't worry--I may be naive and trusting, but I'm not stupid (well not always). I will not pay with a cashier's check. I told Ms. Millard that she could provide proof to the credit card company that the deed has been recorded, and they could recharge me. She stated that would not happen because then they would be out another transaction fee ($61). I have to admit I was kind of stunned by this. What about the months they had my money, and failed to get the job done? Never mind the hours I've put into e-mails and phone calls following up on this?

Last edited:

UWSurfer

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Nobody likes loosing money and they lost yours by delaying and lying about it.

While it's uncomfortable having someone turn on you when you call them on their lies, try framing the situation as you caught them in their lies and have no reason to believe they are honorable. They are the ones in the wrong here and obviously didn't do their job.

Later you maybe be able to laugh about it once the sting wears off.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have talked to Janie666 on the phone a few different times, plus we have emailed back and forth. She said that poor Zona was the scapegoat for the operation, always getting the blame for things not happening quickly and deeds not being recorded, and even for maintenance fees not getting paid, :rolleyes: especially during the time that Jonathan Gibbs was brought up on charges for his owning both the selling and closing company and for selling real estate without a license.

Never fear, now Jonathan is closing all his deals with the Ochoas, so the deals are still going to be out there on eBay, with Title Outlet doing the closings. This will keep Gibbs out of trouble and Thomas and Doug are good at what they do, so there will be closings happening.

Don't blame Zona. She says what Jonathan Gibbs tells her to say and gets to hear all sides of the story. I feel sorry for her, after talking to Janie, because she must have a difficult time resting at night, knowing that every transaction is going to be problematic for her. :(

She is paid to make everyone happy by saying things are happening, when in reality she knows things are stalled indefinitely, much of the time.

coppersmom1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mu husband ended up with Mr. Gibbs on the phone quite a few times, and HE was quite angry at my husband for "calling them" on some of the lies.

Although I never had any angry run in with Zona, she blatently lied to me more times than I can count, not "oh it'll record soon" but some very serious blatent lies. If it's that hard on her to do the lying for the Gibbs', it would be time to find another job. At first I felt she was responsive and trying, but ended up feeling as though she AND J. Gibbs were laughing at how naive I was to think they would do what was promised. (They never did, do what they promised I mean).

I still say if a job makes it that hard to sleep at night, it's time for a new job. JMHO of course.

wbtimesharer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi- I wanted to post some warnings of a company who seems to have many names, addresses and e-bay usernames. Unfortunately I purchased from these people on e-bay, had more problems and delays than I could count and now find out that they were out and out lying. First let me list the names and cities I know they have addresses in:

I think 2 addresses in Olympia WA and I found an address in Tumwater, as well as a PO Box in Olympia
Olympia WA

They were to pay a tax bill for me (CA timeshare, so billed separately from Maintenance fees), which they didn’t do- I got stuck with a delinquent bill, even though I have numerous emails with them promising to pay. Most of the taxes, if you look at the dates, were not my responsibility. They also promised us a partial refund (I also have emails regarding that) due to all the problems. I saved MANY of these emails with promises in them.

Now let me tell the story of the previous owner. When they went to the “seminar” they told them they rent out the units inexpensively to cover maintenance fees etc.. Since they had paid the scamming “upfront fee” companies to sell before and nothing happened, they thought We Collect Timeshares was a good way to “get rid of” their weeks (CA coastal weeks!). It would just be a “burden” to their heirs they were told…the usual spiel. They paid We Collect Timeshares approximately $3000 to take the weeks off their hands. Months later they tell them they have sold the weeks (one to me) which they didn’t understand. When they asked how it ended up being sold they were then told that “occasionally” they’ll sell a few weeks (ha! They all go on e-bay). I know this mans story because I knew his name and business from emails sent to both of us. I looked him up online, took a chance and called him.

To try and tell the whole story of the problems while in escrow would take me writing a book, so I’ll try to give an overview. People quitting so your “contacts” are gone and the emails you send never read, calling and never being told your “contacts” are gone and no return phone calls, our file sitting “somewhere” for at least 2 months untouched, mistakes in the paperwork causing SD county to keep sending the paperwork back. Best of all I was told they finally had a “contact” that helped them get it all corrected- that person was the previous owner! They told me it was someone at the county. The truth as I know it is that the previous owner took it to a friend and had him work the kinks out of the paperwork then the owners did the work at the recorders office themselves, just to get it out of their name. I wondered why more than one week owned by these people managed to be done the same day! (Their escrow person telling me all of this).

The escrow person bad mouthed the previous owners to me over and over again, they are troublemakers etc. I’m sorry but I spoke to these people on the phone and all they wanted, after PAYING these people to take the timeshare…was to have it OUT of their name. As it ended up they were still “stuck” with it and ended up doing much of the work. I also did a lot of work on some parts to try and expedite the closing process and find out tax information. Once I had someone who would talk to me- most of what came out of her mouth, and most of what was in all the emails, were pure lies.

Now I know…the Company is not licensed by the WA Real Estate Commission, and that office is compiling a complaint file against them. I plan on filing a complaint with the Attorney General and the BBB and anyone else I can file a complaint with. They need to be stopped.

I have my story and the offer of a written complaint by the previous owner. If anyone else wishes to help in filing complaints, add a complaint of their own, or even help ME in figuring out how to stop these people- please PM me. Please, if ANY of you with so much knowledge can help me with this, I’d appreciate it.

The worst for me was finding out I bought something that was not even supposed to be SOLD! I felt horrible, as if I had done something wrong. The other owner told me his entire story, very calmly and matter of fact. He is a businessman and I trust that he is telling me the truth- he has no reason to lie. I have no reason to lie. However someone who lies to people in seminars (yes I know the whole postcard co issue) to the point of saying they aren’t selling the units? THAT is lying. To me it seems like fraud. Those of you who know some about law…is it fraud?

If the latest e-bay username starts getting negative feedback they will just change it again- I found 3 or 4 usernames. I had to tell this story. Please stay away from these people if possible. Not only due to the lying but also due to the trouble you will likely have getting your purchases closed. It took us 6 months and things were not finished as we were promised they would be.

So do you now own the unit, or is it still deeded to the previous owner. It appears they wanted out from under it if this is their second go around with the postcard company. Not sure why they would fall for it again without being real diligent about what the company was about.

Sounds like a horrible company to deal with and will definately watch out for them.

Thanks

Bill

wbtimesharer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is a post, written by a person that works for the company in question here. This is from the new forums at www.redweek.com:

RESPONDING to JAYJAY
How many timeshares do you own? I've worked with over a 1000 different properties. I meet people who have filed BK and the bankruptcy and the courts won't let them out of their properties. I meet with people who have called charities who will not take any timeshares and some charities who will not take their specific property. I've lots of people whose resort won't even take it back for free and when they stop paying their fees the resort sues them or send them to collections.

You also need to take into consideration that the resorts are renting properties out today to the general public so why buy a timeshare and be locked into it if you can rent them out? Also the internet has made lots of types of traveling cheap for everyone, whether you own a timeshare or not.

People who love their timeshares do not want to hear these types of stories and they get angry at me. Then years later, when they've struggled to get out of it and CAN'T they like me and they get angry at their resorts.

We're not the bad guys. The resorts could put us out of business by taking back their properties and letting the owners OUT who want OUT.
If the resorts would take their properties back, people wouldn't need my help. I think your agression is mis-directed. Most timeshare owners do not fully understand how their contracts really work. What your saying is true JAYJAY but only for about 10% of the resorts MAYBE 15. It's not that easy for the rest of them. It's not as easy as you think.

Unfortunately, Redweek does not control its forums at all. It is a cesspool of sleaze and slime. Ugh........:rolleyes: Poor Jay Jay, who is obviously a moderator of sorts on the site, is always battling the same people and does not seem to be able to control anything they say. Between upfront fee companies and phony vacation clubs, this site is providing free advertising for lying scumbags. :mad:

So what part of the above post was incorrect. The guy maybe a sleaze, but his point was valid. There have been numerous posts on Tug about getting resorts to take back units including one I just responded to tonight on this board.

These companies are obviously getting customers even at 2 and 3k so there still isn't a clear path for owners on how to divest themselves of their ownerships. Until that happens, these companies will continue to operate or the states will start to regulate them.

I myself just got one TimeShare Acquisitions LLC. Tempted to attend one to see if I can grab a couple of good units on the cheap and save someone 3k.

Bill

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So what part of the above post was incorrect. The guy maybe a sleaze, but his point was valid. There have been numerous posts on Tug about getting resorts to take back units including one I just responded to tonight on this board.

These companies are obviously getting customers even at 2 and 3k so there still isn't a clear path for owners on how to divest themselves of their ownerships. Until that happens, these companies will continue to operate or the states will start to regulate them.

I myself just got one TimeShare Acquisitions LLC. Tempted to attend one to see if I can grab a couple of good units on the cheap and save someone 3k.

Bill

Bill, This post of mine is very old. I haven't felt sorry for JayJay in a good long while, once I found out her real identity.

I think you ought to go right into the timeshare presentation in reverse and listen to the spiel. It is absolutely disgusting. I attended one and I thought it was just awful--so negative. You would think timeshare was the absolute worst purchase any person can make. :shrug:

Vacation Solutions was the first company to think of this clever way to make millions. The others are just copycats.

coppersmom1

TUG Member
Reaction score
So do you now own the unit, or is it still deeded to the previous owner. It appears they wanted out from under it if this is their second go around with the postcard company. Not sure why they would fall for it again without being real diligent about what the company was about.

Sounds like a horrible company to deal with and will definately watch out for them.

Thanks

Bill

Hi Bill- I think since the quote was from my post, you were asking me the question? We do now finally own the unit. The back taxes were paid by us, because the Mr. Gibbs never held true to his promise of paying them. The old owners sent them the bill as soon as it came in- Cornerstone claimed they never got one.

The old owners didn't go back a second time to a second seminar, they paid the company for the 2 CA Coastal weeks at the one seminar. After speaking to the previous owner on the phone, he seems like a smart man but bought from the developers long ago, then to sell tried one of the upfront fee places (which didn't work of course) and felt this was their only way out. It is unfortunate but at the same time they didn't research much, not enough to know to try other ways of selling. He seemed shocked that I would have gladly purchased either of his weeks from him directly! He'd been told they were worthless and believed what they said. To be honest, we are friends with another couple who would probably do the same thing no matter how much I tried to convince them otherwise. :doh:

They were horrible for us to deal with, and obviously a lot of others too. It seems we were lucky enough to FINALLY get it deeded to us. The stress was unbelievable during that whole time period. Too many promises, to too many people and most of those promises not kept.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
More info....

I will also point out that some of these assorted entities (Timeshare Collectors, We Collect Timeshares) are currently squarely in the gunsights of the state of Washington Department of Licensing, which has already initiated legal proceedings against company principals Jonathan and Christine Gibbs. By issuing a statement of charges, Washington state has taken the first steps toward obtaining a Cease and Desist Order. Basically, they are charged with state licensing violations for not recording deeds, then reselling. They are the cover story of issue #95 (Sept. / Oct, 2007) of Timesharing Today (which is exactly where I've extracted the foregoing info). I don't generally find this magazine to be particularly informative, but this story was both welcome and interesting.

Olympia WA

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is over and done. The charges were dropped against them, according to Janie666 who worked for the Gibbs.

They probably did change their eBay ID's and probably are working directly with Title Outlet and the Ochoas, so they will keep going and going and going. You have to have people to actually complain to the proper authorities before anything can be done. Most people don't take the time.