• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2007 Thread] Has anyone seen "Wicked" in L.A. at Pantages?

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
I have been wanting to see "Wicked" for over a year now. I missed it in San Jose, didn't make it to Orange County and San Diego when it was there, and missed getting to Portland to see it.

I was thinking of planning a trip to L.A. to see it. If anyone knows anything about the performance at Pantages, let me know. A while back, tickets were hard to get.

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score
My daughter went to LA but I don't know the venue. She's been a Wicked fan for some time and loved it. She'd like to go again.

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
DW & I just saw Wicked in London during our vacation to Spain, Portugal & London. Great show! May be a bit far for you to travel, though.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
We saw it when it was here in SF. Bought tix from CraigsList - paid $200 over face value (9th row center), but it was a gift for my love Robin - it was worth it.

neash

TUG Member
Reaction score
We saw it in L.A. Pentages
:whoopie:
Absolutely loved it. We got the tickets one month in advance on ticketmaster, luckily we got good orchestra seats, but more towards the rear. Next time we will plan earlier and sit in front.
Great show, would definitely go again

pacheco18

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here's a different opinion.

Saw it in NY
Thought it was overrated. Mediocre musical IMO
Glad Avenue Q won the Tony over Wicked

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Here's a different opinion.

Saw it in NY
Thought it was overrated. Mediocre musical IMO
Glad Avenue Q won the Tony over Wicked

Ditto - my daughter and I had front row balcony seats in SF (that we paid an arm and a leg for) and we were surrounded by crazed fans who I feared would throw themselves off the balcony in a frenzy....I even read the book and prepped for the show, so yes, I did understand it...but it was just OK :D

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for the opinions! I've read the book, listened to the music for at least a year or more, tried to play some of the music on the piano (I'm a beginner with no time to practice), etc. I've watched clips on YouTube. I've bought CDs for friends and family who have gone to see it and loved it.

So I figure it is about time for me :) . I am not going to pay more than face value plus ticketmaster fees if I go. We'd have to drive down to L.A. and drop me off while my husband entertains the kids, and then we'd continue with some sort of vacation while we are in SoCal. I tried to get tickets when it first opened in L.A. but everything was sold out. I would hope that it wouldn't be so hard to get a good orchestra seat now...shouldn't the craze be over?!

The other option is to go to NY some year in the future (2009?) and assume that it will still be on Broadway!

bigrick

TUG Member
Reaction score
The other option is to go to NY some year in the future (2009?) and assume that it will still be on Broadway!

Do you think it'll be available at the TKTS booth by then? I haven't seen in at TKTS yet. I only check annually so I may have missed it. I suspect as long as it continues to draw full price and full price plus sellout crowds the show will go on. It only needs 3,676 performances to make the top 10 longest running shows which means it has a ways to go still.

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Where to stay?

Okay, I'm back to this topic again, sorry :eek: . I still want to see this musical!

Do you guys have any recommendations on where to stay (hotels, timeshares)if I decide to fly down to Los Angeles to see "Wicked"? Would you recommend staying close by? Traffic is obviously a huge consideration.

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I didn't think I would like it but thought the staging was great. If you are going during the week, I just received an a-mail for a 50% discount. You can e-mail me for the code.

pcgirl54

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
I saw it in Boston and wanted to see it for a longtime. I loved it. Changed the way one thinks about the Wizard of Oz forever.

short

TUG Member
Reaction score
1/2 price tickets in LA

I think you can get weekday tickets to Wicked at the Pantages in Jan and Feb. I received a promo from Ticketmaster.

Short

edited to add: Promo password 3WINTER

Last edited:

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Denise, right in Hollywood there is a Renaissance at Hollywood & Highland, as well as the Roosevelt, right across from the Chinese. There are a couple Best Western's and a Holiday Inn just up Highland from Hollywood Blvd. As well you could stay at either the Sheraton or the Hilton at Universal City and take the Red Line to Hollywood & Highland.

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Denise, right in Hollywood there is a Renaissance at Hollywood & Highland, as well as the Roosevelt, right across from the Chinese. There are a couple Best Western's and a Holiday Inn just up Highland from Hollywood Blvd. As well you could stay at either the Sheraton or the Hilton at Universal City and take the Red Line to Hollywood & Highland.

Now I want to go to Universal, too, ha ha. I haven't been there in years. I'm pretty sure we stayed at the Sheraton or Hilton there many years ago. Do you know how long it takes on the Red Line (bus?) to get to Pantages?

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think you can get weekday tickets to Wicked at the Pantages in Jan and Feb. I received a promo from Ticketmaster.

Short

edited to add: Promo password 3WINTER

Thanks for the tip and code. I'm not sure if I can sneak away before the summer, but I'll try and figure something out. If you see any codes for June or August, let me know :) !

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have not been on the Red Line (subway) from Universal to Hollywood, but it's only one stop, so I guess, less than 10 minutes.

short

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wicked promo. Pantages.

I just received a travel zoo update for Wicked at the Pantages.

$68 for Center Orchestra seats. Tue to Fri and Sunday evening, Sat Matinees trough July 31.

Buy tickets by July 3rd.

Enter TRAVELZOO as the promotions and special offers code.

Discount is applied once you click the look for tickets.

Short

CalifasGirl

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wicked at the Pantages Theatre in Hollywood, CA

I have been meaning to see it, but I haven't gone around to it. I don't buy from Ticketmaster since they are so expensive.

https://www.goldstar.com/events/hollywood-ca/wicked.html?p=F253208EP

Better to get it from Goldstar. They have the same seats for about 1/2 the price. Currently, orchestra seats are selling for $59.80.

azsunluvr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Denise, I went to see it last weekend at the Pantages. My brother lives in Hollywood. He bought the tickets only about 1-1/2 months in advance, and we went on a Saturday night. There were still seats available, on both left and right mezzanine. We walked to the subway station at Hollywood & Highland from his apartment, and rode just one stop to Hollywood & Vine. It was a great night. Dinner at Yamashiro's first and chocolate malts at Mel's diner after the show. Earlier in the day we went to the Getty Museum for several hours. The following day we went to see a movie in the Chinese Theater. It was quite the Hollywood Cultural Weekend!