• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2007] Grand Crowne Points

suzyabbott

Reaction score
New Carriage Place Owner-points/exchange question!

hi there! Its nice to see so many owners here! I'm waiting for my closing paperwork on a 3 BR lockoff unit (building B) Float 1-52 and wanted to see if anyone has traded to other resorts, and if they were successful!

I'm looking to trade to Vegas and St. Thomas and have had mixed thoughts on whether the trade value is high enough on my timeshare.

Also, what do they charge to convert the week over to points, or does it not really matter since I'm looking to trade for other full weeks anyway...

Thanks!!
Suzy

bccash63

TUG Member
Reaction score
I read on the website that you can bank or borrow your use year points. Does anyone know if there is a charge associated with this? Also, is your II membership free as a Grand Crowne points owner? thanx, Dawn
One more question--on the website it lists exchange fees for internal and external exchanges--I'm assuming the external is for II but what is the internal exchange fee for?
Also, can Grand Crowne points be used at the new Grand Crowne resort in Pigeon Forge? thanx again, Dawn

Last edited:

freewheelin01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Questions for Grand Crowne owners -

I just bought 78,500 Grand Crowne points on Ebay. Lots of questions:
I was wondering if anyone had a more detailed points chart than the one in my listing...Are there point differences for standard vs. deluxe rooms? I am hoping to have enough points to reserve the nicest 1 bedroom available...
Also, which resort has the best 1 bedrooms? - Grand Crowne, Carriage or Townhouses? any specific units/rooms? Do any rooms have 2 person jacuzzi tubs?
Do you need points for housekeeping, like Wyndham? Can you use points for anything other than rooms?
Finally, can you take smaller vacations (3-4 day) using less points or do you have to book a whole week?

Thanks in advance...

smcintos

TUG Member
Reaction score
Once the transfer is complete you will receive a Surrey vacation club points program book. The book will have all the info you need. It has phone numbers, maps of where each property are located,square footage and bed sizes of each resort, floor plan of each resort and a points chart for each resort.Grand Crowne resort has a A unit, B unit and C unit that all lockoff to form a large 3 bedroom 5 bath sleeps 12 if used all at once. The point cost for a ABC red week is 244,000 so you would have to save or borrow to do this type of stay for a week.
What you bought at 78,500 points is a C unit 1BDRM sleeps 4, for one red week. This unit is 617 Sq. feet it is the middle size of the three. It has 2 baths with a 2 person Jacuzzi tub in the master bedroom. It also has a deck off the master bedroom. It has a full kitchen and in room washer and dryer.
You can stay any amount of days you want. The points required for each night are different with Fri and Sat costing the most. You can upgrade to a larger unit the B unit or even a penthouse by staying for example Sun-Friday. That is what I am doing this year.
It is really very flexible and easy to use once you get your book. It is way to hard for me to explain with out detailed questions. I will answer all I can. We love Grand Crowne,

Steve

freewheelin01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Steve! I think we'll be very happy with our purchase! Sounds like exactly what I was looking for...I look forward to getting my owner's materials. Thanks again :D

bccash63

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have read a post where the person had Grand Crowne points with a 'free' II acct but could not add any other interval property to this acct but would need a 2nd II acct? Anyone here on TUG have experience with this--I have looked at Grand Crowne Points in the past and one of the sellling points was the 'free' II acct. Thanks, Dawn

Pit

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, first of all, its not really 'free.' There is an II fee bundled in the maintenance fees (i.e. not billed seperately). This is a typical corporate II account, such as with Hyatt or SVN. As such, you cannot add other timeshares to this account. You would need to have a seperate II account if you want to exchange your other timeshares with II.

bccash63

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a 'free' RCI acct with my FSP points through Wyndham--with this corporate account I am able to trade my other timeshares. II must be different with the 'free ' corporate accts. Dawn

JoeMO

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Follow-Up Question

Hi Amy, I did a little resarch from the little magazine called Traveler you get from Grand Crown every so often and those are called the Royal Suites. If you buy one they immediatley give you what the call Elite Status as an owner. Elite is 375,000 pts and Silver is 500.000 and Gold is 750,000 and Platinum is 1 million pts. As you go up in pts they give you little added perks. My two deeds for the points I have purchased on Ebay are being recorded and I will soon find out if I can merge them with my other points. I will let you know what happens. Glenn

Glenn,

I know this is an old thread but I was wondering what happened with your points merge? Did they give you an elite status?

Thanks,
Joe

mamiecarter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Free Branson week if you need more points in this system

See Bargain deals if you need more points in this system. I am trying to give away a week at Grand Crowne Resorts.

broberts1980

Reaction score
I am a new owner, I went on a tour in Pigeon Forge at the new resort. I orginally signed up for a 62,200 EOY package for $7700. Did I get screwed over? They have a 162,400 EOY package on price freeze for $15,400 that I wanna upgrade to in the near future. I am new to the whole timeshare stuff and looking for any advice.

JoeMO

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ripped Off ?

Roberts1980,

You got the going rate the resort likes to sell their weeks for. If you can find something like what you bought on the resale market, you will pay pennies on the dollar. I saw a EOY 97,000 point week on ebay recently. The reserve (min acceptable bid) was $4,000. The bidding started at $.01 and there were no bids.

If you bought enough weeks to stay at the resort for a whole year, how much would it cost at the price you paid? Something approaching a million dollars, is what I estimate. Do you think it is worth that much? Move the decimal place one or two places to the left and that is what you should expect to pay on the resale market.

There are a few perks and a few advantages from buying at the resort, like ease and availabilty, but they are not worth the thousand extra you pay.

Is it too late to rescind? If so, chock it up to a lesson learned that gave you nice vacations.

Joe

broberts1980

Reaction score
Yeah I think it's too late, but I'll take it as a lesson learned. If I can upgrade to the 162k point for 15k next year that would just be a $6k difference

Pit

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't throw good money after bad. Forget about the upgrade and shop around for resale points, if you want more points.