• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2007] Club Intrawest points value

JonathanIT

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got back from a week at the CI location in Whistler and still think that this is a class operation.
I booked stays through my HGVC membership at the Intrawest in Whistler, BC for the past two February's (for WinterPRIDE). It is a great resort, in a fantastic location. 3,400 HGVC pts for 7 nights in a 1BD in the middle of winter is a great deal! I'm hoping to get the same week next year (they moved the event to March to avoid the Olympics), and make it an annual tradition. :)

Last edited:

captpete43

Reaction score
reply on repurchase

First, thanks to everybody for the incredibly useful information in this forum.

I was interested in your reference to the 8 years for reselling to CI. I couldn't find any more information on this. Is there an official CI policy that enables point holders to sell back to CI without engaging the ROFR? I'd be very grateful for any place you can direct me to for some more details. Thanks!

My understanding is that Club Intrawest may buy back points at the price you originally paid or a fraction (I don't remember the percent) of the current price whichever is lower provided the points have been owned for 8 years or more. You can phone them to get the details.

Alternately they can purchase using the ROFR if they choose to. There appears to be no confirmation that they are exercising the right of first refusal. I purchased at USD 59/point and they did not exercise. There may have been one Ebay sale even lower.

CaptPete

smbrannan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just refreshing this thread. I 've updated the chart and data with winning bids for CI resales on eBay to the end of 2009.

Last edited by a moderator:

smbrannan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Refreshing the thread once again. Club Intrawest point sales on eBay data updated. Also, I had to change the URL, so the old links won't work anymore.

Bill4728

Reaction score
. Also, I had to change the URL, so the old links won't work anymore.
I fixed most of the links for you so almost all of them work again.

Current developer price is approx $204/pt So if ebay is selling at ~$45 you're getting a killer deal buying from Ebay. BUT RichardM ( a tugger & a TS reseller) is saying that CI is using ROFR to pick up many of the resales he has turned in for ROFR review.

Last edited:

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Club Intrawest 240 point package recently sold at $18 per point on eBay. Is it a new low? Do you think ROFR was exercised?

Anyway, I would not take CI membership even for free, now when I know about HGVC, which is a much more cost efficient way (both to buy and in MFs) to get into Club Intrawest.

Bill4728

Reaction score
Club Intrawest 240 point package recently sold at $18 per point on eBay. Is it a new low? Do you think ROFR was exercised?

Anyway, I would not take CI membership even for free, now when I know about HGVC, which is a much more cost efficient way (both to buy and in MFs) to get into Club Intrawest.

No idea if CI is using their ROFR but about 1 year ago a fellow TUGGER tried to buy a membership and his purchase was taken by CI via ROFR. ( I have no details amount the amount)

tahoeJoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Club Intawest and Hilton Grand Vacation Club

I know very little about Club Intrawest (CI).

Can all CI owners join HGVC? How is HGVC viewed in CI? Is there a conversion factor for CI points to HGVC points? Like 80 HGVC points for 1 CI point?

Is CI a trust based system (like Disney) or a weeks based system like Hyatt? Are maintenance fess based upon the number of points owned (like Disney) or the unit size and resort (like Hyatt)? Just curious.

-TJ

Bill4728

Reaction score
I know very little about Club Intrawest (CI).

Can all CI owners join HGVC? How is HGVC viewed in CI? Is there a conversion factor for CI points to HGVC points? Like 80 HGVC points for 1 CI point?

Is CI a trust based system (like Disney) or a weeks based system like Hyatt? Are maintenance fess based upon the number of points owned (like Disney) or the unit size and resort (like Hyatt)? Just curious.

-TJ

Have you read the CI info on the TUG advice page? It answers most all of your questions.

The key thing is HGVC & CI are not associated with each other. A CI owner can't join HGVC and a HGVC can't join CI (unless they buy into one of the other's resorts) They simply share some inventory at a few of the resorts. Granted, they share this inventory in an almost seamless manner.

smbrannan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Time for a semi-annual refresh of this thread. Club Intrawest point sales on eBay data updated.

It's ugly, and it ain't getting any better.

jouerdehors

Reaction score
Also, Club Intawest owners can be II members, and this is an individual membership rather than the corporate one you get with RCI through Extraordinary Escapes. I dropped that program a few years ago and am now exclusively with II and am VERY happy with the trades I get there with CI weeks., along with the ACs they offer, and the access to Getaways. A much better deal IMO than the Extraordinary Escapes.

How much is it to be a II member? How much do they charge per trade? Thank you

Last edited:

Bill4728

Reaction score
How much is it to be a II member? How much do they charge per trade? Thank you
It cost around $90 per year to be a member of II and about $140 per trade. But I've been able to trade a 35 pt CI studio for a great 2 bedroom TS with II. That would have cost be 150 pts in EE.

II FAQ said:
Exchange Fees (As of 7/1/10):

Made over the Phone-
Domestic - $159
International - $174

Made Online-
Domestic - $139
International - $154

Guest Certificates - $49

Fee increases - Jan. 1, 2009:
Basic Renewal:
1 year - $89.00
2 year - $178.00
3 year - $227.00
5 year - $356.00

Last edited:

jfsmith

Reaction score
selling question

Total newbie in buying and selling. We have an offer to buy our 120 red Whistler CI points for 44USD/pt which according to the ebay graph looks pretty good. Is is to be expected that we (the sellers) pay commission and escrow as well?

Bill4728

Reaction score
Total newbie in buying and selling. We have an offer to buy our 120 red Whistler CI points for 44USD/pt which according to the ebay graph looks pretty good. Is is to be expected that we (the sellers) pay commission and escrow as well?

You need to start the process of selling your points by contacting CI and getting the deal thru ROFR. If CI takes the deal (and they may very well do so) then there will not be an escrow. As far as paying the commission to whoever sold your points for you, you're likely going to pay that.

robert007

Reaction score
hat is II?

It cost around $90 per year to be a member of II and about $140 per trade. But I've been able to trade a 35 pt CI studio for a great 2 bedroom TS with II. That would have cost be 150 pts in EE.

What is II?

robert007

Reaction score

Can you tell me more about II?

Bill4728

Reaction score
Quote:=Robert007
Originally Posted by Bill4728
What is II?
There are two major exchange companies one RCI the other II (or Interval international)

When CI first started, the club members all traded in II. So if you bought before 2005, even though the club had switched to RCI, a member could still stay an II member. Since we bought in 2005, I was able to stay in II.

Although you can not make the same trades I do in II with EE (Extraordinary Escapes - Club Intrawest corporate exchange company which is highly associated with RCI) you might be able to make these kind of trades with a regular RCI membership but since I don't have one I really couldn't tell you for sure.

Bill4728

Reaction score

Bill4728

Reaction score
PLEASE NOTE As of May 2012 CI now does their trading thru II and no longer with RCI.

Bill4728

Reaction score
I'd guess that CI will use ROFR to gab those points. I have no idea at what level CI is using ROFR but I'd guess that least $30/pt to get pass the ROFR.
Just heard from a fellow TUGGER who is buying into CI, His broker told him that CI is not currently using ROFR to grab any of these cheap Ebay offerings.

ROCKJenkins

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello Bill,

I'm the one that won that 150 pts. for $663 on ebay. It will be interesting if Club Intrawest welcomes me back into the fold.

Rock

MaryH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello Bill,

I'm the one that won that 150 pts. for $663 on ebay. It will be interesting if Club Intrawest welcomes me back into the fold.

Rock

Rock,

Please let me know if that pass the ROFR.. And how your dealings with the vendor was.

Reaction score
CI Resale glitch

I just spoke with CI rep yesterday regarding upgrading my Gateway Membership to a full 160 points/year. (We only bought 80 points/year to start off and see what the club was all about...and it's great by the way). Anyway, the current point value for non-members is $249/point. For us, they were willing to offer us $195/point for the remaining 80 points plus, they would discount our original purchase to $195/point. They would also give us the 2012 points (160) even though there is only 2 months left in our year (we started on November 1st). So it would cost us $13 G and change for additional 80 points for a total of about 31 G. Quite a bit of $$$ considering what they are going for on eBay. So I asked about resales and of course they had their negative reasoning, but she still admitted that it can be done. She said the cutoff for ROFR is around $70/point. Sorry to ramble, but here is an interesting snag...if we do that, she said that we will not be able to search II online. We will be marked as non IPB (Intrawest Preferred Benefit) members and even though we have a legitimate CI membership with our original 80 points, when we buy resale, it will not allow online for II. We would need to phone in every time to ask what is available. Interestingly, if you do it the other way around (buy used then buy from CI, this would not apply!! Doesn't make sense. My wife and I like to browse II all the time for their deals as we have liked Extraordinary Escapes in the past...there are some great deals there. Does anyone have any experience with this issue...I am wondering if it is true that this problem exists. I would also be interested in anyone commenting on purchasing resale in the recent past. We may be interested soon. Thanks! from a newbie on this BBS. By the way, we have been with CI for 2 years and have really loved it so far...quality resorts...way better than I have seen with other timeshares, so it pays to spend the extra cash for quality.