• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2006] Westgate

mishugana

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do they have internal exchanges for no fee like FF? Can you exchane orlando for
Vegas?

JLB

Banned
Reaction score
They have internal exchanges but they don't do anything without a fee. You even have to pay them a fee on your way the door of ownership. :(

We were with CFI for 14 years but never tried an internal exchange so I don't know how or if it works.

Come to think of it, of all the hundreds of people I have talked to about TSing, I have never met one who did a Westgate internal exchange.

mishugana said:
Do they have internal exchanges for no fee like FF? Can you exchane orlando for
Vegas?

tiggerbelle

Reaction score
Develope Exchange

The internal exchange fee is $130.

Depending on the week you own, there may be an additional seasonal upgrade fee of $500.

So if you own a "Value season" week and want to exchange to an "All Season" or "Event" week, you have to pay $630.

So it depends on what you own and the week you want to exchange to. You might do better exchanging through Interval.

Reaction score
Tiggerbelle,

Have you done an internal exchange with Westgate? I deposited my one bedroom and will eventually want to use it. This is my first attempt with it...I'm hoping that it will get me some kind of priority over II folk in locations like Gatlinburg, Tunica or Las Vegas.

tiggerbelle

Reaction score
I've done two internal exchanges, this was before Westgate started the seasonal upgrade fee.

I was pretty flexible with the dates, so I called and found out which weeks were available and selected from that. Orlando had more availability, whereas Vegas was really limited.

I don't know how they prioritize exchanges and who has preference. It might just be first come first serve and what they have available.

talkamotta

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I did an internal change last year. I own at Vacation Villas 2 bedroom w/loft. I have a fixed week in October. I changed my 2006 and 2007 for the same size unit (in fact one was my unit) and the one next to it for Thanksgiving week. They only charged me one trading fee for both trades. I have traded my 2 bedroom for Park City Canyons and Westgate Vegas through II.

I dont think October would be prime in II's system but I have received a 2 bedroom Royal Mayan (Cancun) and a Marriott Grande Ocean (Hilton Head) as trades through II for my Westgate unit.

Sometimes I will get more options with my Myrtle Beach unit that is a 6 on TUG scale.

I have never had a bad unit at Westgate. You will find that most of the negativity of Westgate is because of their sales staff not the units.

JLB

Banned
Reaction score
We got a low single-letter building (B I think) a few years back, and it was pathetic, one of the worst units in (now) 100 exchanges.

And we were owners!!! They didn't realize that because we came in on an RCI Bonus Week. I could tell they immediately copped their superior attitude, gave us that bottle of awful sugar-water fake champagne, and carted us off.

The guy in the golf cart that took us to our unit sprung the maintenance survey scam on us the minute he opened the door. That was our first experience with it and there were so many things wrong with the unit that we thought it was for real, that they really wanted the list of things that were wrong.

Like a dummy, I put one together and we hauled our sorry selves off to the fruit breakfast by the swimming pool, flies and all. :eek:

I bet they thought we were just a couple of dufuses from the Ozarks. :D

I have never had a bad unit at Westgate. You will find that most of the negativity of Westgate is because of their sales staff not the units.

SallstromRC

Reaction score
Westgate Exchanges

Own 2 BR at Westgate Flamingo Bay; Exchanged for Westgate Park City in August; Westgate Lakes Orlando in February and Westgate PH Towers Las Vegas in October all with no problems...Hint: Call Customer Service for Exchanges (All Great to work with!)

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
When you use the search function, please note the DATE of the post - this question was asked 5 years ago....