• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2006 Thread] Has anyone had a tickling sensation in the ear?

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Reviving a 12 year old thread, whose last post was 6 years ago this week!
I wonder if that's some sort of record?

"They stab it with their steely knives, but they just can't kill the beast."
-- Source: The Eagles (Hotel California, 1976).

I think I unearthed one a bit older earlier this week about Glacier NP.
It's excavation week here on TUG!

And for me, you did not need the Source line....

TickledEar

Reaction score
Got a tickle in my ear. Googled it, natch, and came across this group! I couldn't leave without registering and reporting my bloody tickly ear, since this site has been reporting the dreaded symptoms for years. Unsure of the cause at the moment, but some really useful info on here :)

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Welcome to TUG, TickledEar! I am amazed that this thread had been brought back to life, but happy that you got some useful info!

Stick around—you might find some more interesting items.

TickledEar

Reaction score
Welcome to TUG, TickledEar! I am amazed that this thread had been brought back to life, but happy that you got some useful info!

Stick around—you might find some more interesting items.
It's hilarious isnt it. I only had to comment because it keeps getting brought back to life over the years. Long live the thread! Its reassuring for the clearly dozens of people worldwide who are afflicted, kind of like a support group

IsItABug

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I also found this thread via a Google search and had to make an account to join the itchy ear crowd. I first experienced this sensation a few years ago while I was pregnant, and my OB said I had an ear infection. Antibiotics made it go away, but it came back again about a year later. I had it checked out again, and no infection. It has came and went since then, generally feeling like a small hair is tickling just inside my ear even though I can’t see or find one. It’s gotten worse in the last week, hence the Google search. I’m trying an antihistamine thanks to y’all’s suggestions!

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Welcome to TUG, TickleEar. Where Knowledge is Power by Bacon..
Stay Safe and Welcome to TUG.

Reaction score
Can I just start off by saying that I have NEVER been so invested in a “forum thread” in my entire life. I was 10 years old when this thread was created and here I am at 24 years of age googling “tickling in my ear” and finding this hilarious & insightful group of humans. Karen, I was having major anxiety when I didn’t see you respond to the 2018 posts. I was SOOOO relieved when I saw you respond to the 2020 posts . I’m so glad that you are alive & well and living ear-tickle free to boot! I thoroughly enjoyed your enthusiasm and excitement every time this thread came back to life!! You were so sweet to keep the thread open to help others searching for answers!

I’ve never created an account on any thread forum before but I literally had to. This is grade A+ entertainment for a funny issue like an ear tickle. Which, by the way I’ve been experiencing for a few weeks now but I’m pretty sure it’s related to allergies/TMJ after reading this thread :)

I hope everyone has a great day today (whether you’re reading this in 2020 or 2050)!!

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can I just start off by saying that I have NEVER been so invested in a “forum thread” in my entire life. I was 10 years old when this thread was created and here I am at 24 years of age googling “tickling in my ear” and finding this hilarious & insightful group of humans. Karen, I was having major anxiety when I didn’t see you respond to the 2018 posts. I was SOOOO relieved when I saw you respond to the 2020 posts . I’m so glad that you are alive & well and living ear-tickle free to boot! I thoroughly enjoyed your enthusiasm and excitement every time this thread came back to life!! You were so sweet to keep the thread open to help others searching for answers!

I’ve never created an account on any thread forum before but I literally had to. This is grade A+ entertainment for a funny issue like an ear tickle. Which, by the way I’ve been experiencing for a few weeks now but I’m pretty sure it’s related to allergies/TMJ after reading this thread :)

I hope everyone has a great day today (whether you’re reading this in 2020 or 2050)!!
Welcome to TUG. "Where Knowledge Is Power," by Bacon.
Wishing you an Outstanding Day and a very Happy Day.:)

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free

Thanks for posting & bringing a smile to my face this morning! :)

Al-lee

Reaction score
I, too, have the same problem in my left ear and have had for a couple years now. Never had the problem before; or at least, I never noticed it. No allergies, no infections, no, recent, trauma to the ear. No ringing or vibrating. Just an occasional tickling; that just always seems out of reach.(Even though it doesn't seem like it's deep) I've never found anything that helps. I still experience it to this day. (Actually right now, even.)
I know that it's not something crawling in my ear, because, sadly, I've had that experience about 13 years ago, (not something you ever forget). Just as maddening, nonetheless.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welcome to TUG, Al-lee. Hope you'll stick around and enjoy it. We talk about lots of things, but mainly timeshares and travel info, and sometimes tickling ears! :wave:

Jhoy84

Reaction score
Hi Ms. Karen,
I'm from the Philippines and I really feel the same experience in my right ear, it's very annoying... is there any findings about it? Thanks and God bless..

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi Ms. Karen,
I'm from the Philippines and I really feel the same experience in my right ear, it's very annoying... is there any findings about it? Thanks and God bless..
Good morning, Jhoy84. Welcome to TUG and thanks for bringing this thread up again. I haven't discovered any new treatments for this annoying ear condition, but I'm always amazed when someone finds this thread and comments. Apparently it's a worldwide condition.