• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2006] Polo Towers owners' group?

cluemeister

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would be interested to know if anyone has ever tried to assemble a Polo Towers owners' group.

I know Worldmark Owners have a site, and someone from Summer Bay in Las Vegas is starting an owners' website as well.

Does a Polo Towers owners' group exist, and if not, is there any interest in participating in a group like this at all?

Last edited:

cluemeister

TUG Member
Reaction score
100% increase in membership

We've officially doubled our membership in one day! (Ok, it is from one to two members). Any others interested?

Avery

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you count VPT, I'm in. Should be an official owner in the next couple of weeks... I know there are some different issues and there are separate boards, but ??? Maybe we could start as one group, then split off when the membership gets big enough (at this rate, it'll be soon!)

Suzy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in the group.

Suzy

Jane32

TUG Member
Reaction score
Polo Towers

Would be interesting in joining. We own Polo Suites week 9.

cluemeister

TUG Member
Reaction score
Assuming

Assuming we could get a large enough following to get started, what would we want on this site? For instance, just as ideas:

Recent sale prices of units from Clark County Registry of deeds?
Reports of anything of interest to other owners picked up by one of us at a recent visit, i.e. construction noise, changes at PT's?
Photos of interiors of units to see how they compare for wear and tear and/or views?
Units being remodeled ready/not ready on time if the assessment passes?
Getting AC's (or not) for deposits for certain weeks?
How construction is looking and sounding for Project City Center and the Cosmopolitan across the street?
Rumors section?
What we like about owning at PT's?
What problems we have with units/property management?

Could this/should this be handled on a separate website? Could/Should it be handled on TUG in the Western Forum?

Avery

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are some similar groups on Yahoo. I like all your topic suggestions. I think for owners only it should be a private group like on Yahoo if we can get enough interest.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
We'd be interested as well. We own weeks in both the Suites and the Villa's. They might be different HOA's but they both share the same management team. For the most part the Villa's and Suites HOA'a seem to move lock-step with each other on most issues. It makes sense as they both share all the common area's of the building.

vicki

TUG Member
Reaction score
Count me in when you get this owner's group going! We love staying at Polo, but there are definitely some "issues" with this resort.
Vicki

ljane

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been away for a couple of months and have just beeen reviewing past posts. Count me in on the Polo Towers owners group if it is not too late.
Ljane

cluemeister

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sent a message to a moderator

Sent a message to a moderator here at TUG, asking about an owners forum section, similar to what's on Timeshareforums.com. The moderator explained they get a lot of requests like this, and if they started saying yes to these requests, the discussion boards would become too cumbersome with miscellaneous forums.

So, if we have interest, we could go to yahoo groups, or ask timeshareforums if they're interested in hosting our owners' group.

What do you think?

ljane

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good Idea! Keep us posted as to the results.
Ljane

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
You can find more TUGgers who own at Polo Towers by clicking on "Users List" on the above blue bar, then on "Search Users" (on the right side of the page) and then on "Advanced Search". Then enter Polo in the "Resorts Owned" box and click on "Search Now".

JillChang

Reaction score
A little off topic, but I am checking into the studio side next month.

Is it customary for owner to ask for an upgrade if available? has it ever been done? and did anyone had a success of upgrading?

ry"c

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not At Summer Bay

I don't know of any owner from Summer Bay Resort at Las Vegas starting a website. I did one for short time, but closed it down.

Is there another owner starting one?

James Reach

jziggy1

TUG Member
Reaction score
JillChang said:
A little off topic, but I am checking into the studio side next month.

Is it customary for owner to ask for an upgrade if available? has it ever been done? and did anyone had a success of upgrading?

We were just there in a studio in March (over NASCAR weekend). We asked for a room change because of the view and not having the hide-away bed in the room they gave us. We arrived on a Saturday and made the request the next day. They were very good about moving us --but couldn't do it till Monday. It wasn't really an upgrade, but they did ask us if we WANTED an upgrade--so it must have been a possibility.
Good luck and enjoy

cluemeister

TUG Member
Reaction score
Upgrade

I don't really have an upgrade story, but we were quoted $55, $70, and $115 per night for studio/1 BR/ 2BR, for buying additional nights at Polo Towers. We added a Friday night prior to our normal Saturday check in.

JillChang

Reaction score
jziggy1 said:
We were just there in a studio in March (over NASCAR weekend). We asked for a room change because of the view and not having the hide-away bed in the room they gave us. We arrived on a Saturday and made the request the next day. They were very good about moving us --but couldn't do it till Monday. It wasn't really an upgrade, but they did ask us if we WANTED an upgrade--so it must have been a possibility.
Good luck and enjoy

Do you think I should phone before arrival and ask for an upgrade and view?

Is it possible? has any owner done it?

jziggy1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can we trade our studio units with II yet??

I've been reading over my ownership documents since joining TUG and I just noticed that in our agreement signed in 2003, after they 'remodeled' we could exchange our studio unit as well in II. We've been operating under the idea that we can trade the whole unit (6 people) or the 1 bedroom (4 people) but not the studio. What remodel were they talking about then (the units are the same now as when we bought!) Is the remodel they were talking about then the one they are pushing now? (you know--the one that's going to cost us an extra, one time fee of 1200.00 that they'll take all at once or in three or four year installments) Then there was that whiole Hawian Market place thing??? My documents said that anyone buying after Jan 2003 (our date was Aug. 2003) would not be assessed for the 'upgrade' since it was built into our purchasing price. I'm so confused!

babu

TUG Member
Reaction score
does that mean that if we own a two bedroom lock-off, we can trade a one bedroom for one week and a studio for another week?

babu