• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2006 ] Crystal Mountain Resort in Michigan RCI # 5768

ajhcmaj

TUG Member
Reaction score
I cant find this resort in the reviews section. I stayed there and want to do a review.

I would rate it a 10. Best of all, I get to go back into a 4 bedroom this Dec 2006.

It is the only resort I would buy directly from the resort if I had to at a hugh cost. I stayed in a 1 bedroom (hotel style), and hope my 4 bedroom is in the same building.

How do I get someone to put it in the review so I can write a review.

rod

TUG Member
Reaction score
Write a review on the resort and submit it. The TUG volunteer responsible for the reviews for that part of the country will then add the resort and your review to the web site.

To submit a review, go to the TUG review section and follow the instructions to access TUG's review submission form. Fill out the various fields in the review input form, then submit the data by clicking on the button at the bottom of the page.

It may take two or three weeks after you submit it before the review appears on this web site. Please remember that all the labor here is volunteer.

jmd42

TUG Member
Reaction score
crystal mnt.

can you give more info on this resort.it shows a little on rci.com but not much.can you take a boat to lake,is a nice area to take my motorcycle. thanx for info.

mikey0531

TUG Member
Reaction score
we went there in the summertime -- last July and we loved it. It was in a beautiful "cottage country" type of area. Lake Michigan was within a 20 minute car ride of the resort. Traverse City was close by too and it looked like a nice area to ride a motorcycle around. There were other small lakes around -- within a few miles of the reosrt but I don't know if they were connected to Lake Michigan. Crystal Lake was one of them --and it was a beautiful Lake. Hope this helps a bit. Debi

Leturno

TUG Member
Reaction score
Get a load of the only review on RCI! OOPS!

Get a good read on the only review posted to RCI on this resort! OOPS!

I got excited when I read about this resort becoming part of Wyndhams. Because Cendant just purchased Wyndhams and there are rumers of Fairfield owners benefiting..

"...but the best thing was the stunning view across the beach & ocean."

That took me a minute :)

Then there was "... I was there in November & the sun left the pool area by about 2pm & the beach by 3.30pm "

I was laughing picturing people standing on beaches in Michigan in November complaining about shadows! LOL

Obviouisly an Error!

Scott

Leturno

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks to me to be a quarter ownership developement. One week a month... when I thought those prices were for whole ownership I thought how reasonable they seamed to what I seen in Wisconsin Dells and Grand Bear Lodge here in Illinois.

Might be fun to trade into.

Scott

Dave Powers

TUG Member
Reaction score
Crystal Mountain

Yes, Crystal Mountain area, (Beulah/Benzonia/Frankfort are the 3 small towns nearby) are quaint...good shopping/restaurants/some charter fishing out of Frankfort.

A great place to take your motorcycle...ride towards Traverse City (as mentioned earlier)...and into Leelanau County...in fact there is a "circle route" one can take that would return you back to Crystal...lots of great vineyards (not on your bike of course)....some of the most beautiful country ever! (Am I prejudiced??? Of course, I own a TS in Traverse City...as well as a condo and my wife is a "native" of Leelanau County.)

Enjoy! :)

Leturno

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dave,

It sounds like a beautiful area, I am jealous!

In 2007 we are thinking about doing the circle tour and camping around the lake. Maybe we will have to squeeze in a timeshare stay. That is if any Michigan weeks ever become available. :)

Scott

Amy

TUG Member
Reaction score
ajhcmaj,

I don't see a review on this resort in the Reviews database; did you ever write it? I'm thinking about including MI in my possible vacation plans for summer 2007 and would like more information.

ajhcmaj said:
I cant find this resort in the reviews section. I stayed there and want to do a review.

I would rate it a 10. Best of all, I get to go back into a 4 bedroom this Dec 2006.

It is the only resort I would buy directly from the resort if I had to at a hugh cost. I stayed in a 1 bedroom (hotel style), and hope my 4 bedroom is in the same building.

How do I get someone to put it in the review so I can write a review.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Yes, Crystal Mountain area, (Beulah/Benzonia/Frankfort are the 3 small towns nearby) are quaint...good shopping/restaurants/some charter fishing out of Frankfort.

A great place to take your motorcycle...ride towards Traverse City (as mentioned earlier)...and into Leelanau County...in fact there is a "circle route" one can take that would return you back to Crystal...lots of great vineyards (not on your bike of course)....some of the most beautiful country ever! (Am I prejudiced??? Of course, I own a TS in Traverse City...as well as a condo and my wife is a "native" of Leelanau County.)

Enjoy! :)

I really wish there was a TS in Beulah/Benzonia/Frankfort, as I love each of those towns so much:)