• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

2 bedroom dedicated or lock off

TUG Member
Reaction score
pls forgive me if this was already answered on a thread.

I could not find it on marriott FAQ

if a person books
a two bedroom shadow ridge/March 4,2010
13 months out on Feb 4,2009
because he owns (2) marriotts

does he have to make a decision to
make it a two bedroom dedicated
or
two bedroom lock off
13 months out?

can he wait later and then lock off his (2) bedroom
into a two bedroom lock off
because very simply
it was a Lock off, from the beginning
it was just booked as a two bedroom dedicated at the initial
marriott reservation

or
do you run into some REsort availability issues
that I am not aware of
should be warned of

when you try to
take a Marriott 2 bedroom lock off
that was originally reserved as a two bedroom
but
then you want to turn into
Marriott lock off/one bedrom and studio

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Never lock off until you are sure you need to. Why? Because you can lock off at any time, however, once you lock off you not only pay the fee to do so but you can not reattach them at a later date.

JimIg23

TUG Member
Reaction score
some resorts only have a limited number of lock offs, so sometimes the week you have could eventually "run out" of lock offs. If all the two bedrooms in the property are lock-offs, then you can later on, no problem. I dont know if all the shadow ridge units are l/o.

TUG Member
Reaction score
does this mean if 100% of Marriott Desert springs Phase #2
is lock off
i would be ok??

JimIg23

TUG Member
Reaction score
if every unit is a lock-off, in theory the unit you have can be split and I would not worry about it. Only other question is why you are locking off. If you want to trade it, you need to be mindful that the later you deposit your week into II, the less trading power it has However, I agree with TheTimeTraveler in that I would not try to lock off unless I knew I was not going to use that 2 bedroom, it would be a waste of money.