• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

1st visit to Westin Mission Hill, any questions?

luv_maui

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We just arrived yesterday. It's about 110 degrees outside, but did manage to cool off last night to about 80 degrees. If anyone has any questions please let me know and I'll try to find out answers. We exchanged in using our II replacement week. We're not SVO owners, yet. I'll try to write a review within the next few weeks.

ciscogizmo1

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Shadow Ridge, Timber Lodge & Waiohai
Westin: Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Villas
Disney: Beach Club Villas & Bay Lake Towers
Gosh that sounds hot... Let us know what you plan to do for the week. How is the weather in the early morning?

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
ciscogizmo1 said:
Gosh that sounds hot... Let us know what you plan to do for the week. How is the weather in the early morning?

Yes, it is hot. But it really isn' that bad. It's not humid. Tomorrow we're planning to go to a waterpark with the kids. We were offered 6000 spg points or $50 towards dinner/resort stuff to attend a presentation. Tomorrow morning there's a 9-11am activity info session, but I'm not sure if I'll be making it if we're leaving at 9:45 am for the waterpark. Roy's for dinner tomorrow. I hope it's as good as the one in Kahana Maui.

There's complimentary high speed internet in the rooms. We've got the full 2 br, so our family of four has plenty of room. The nonstick frying pan needed to be replaced (badly peeling), two cockroaches, and these sweden washer/dryers in the kitchen without a manual are very confusing.

The pool is wonderful. Hoping to check out the really large chess set maybe Tuesday.

TheUnitrep

TUG Member
Reaction score
luv_maui said:
...these sweden washer/dryers in the kitchen without a manual are very confusing.

You can say that again!!!

We tried to do laundry the morning of checkout and the wash cycle was still going after 90 minutes since we couldn't figure out how to operate the unit.

We ended up transfering the clothes into the stacked units located in the small one-bedroom unit.

They still weren't completely dry when we checked out. The front desk did tell us there were manuals for the washer/dryer located in the resort info binder in the living room.

Have a great stay!!

Jerry

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
TheUnitrep said:
You can say that again!!!

We tried to do laundry the morning of checkout and the wash cycle was still going after 90 minutes since we couldn't figure out how to operate the unit.

We ended up transfering the clothes into the stacked units located in the small one-bedroom unit.

They still weren't completely dry when we checked out. The front desk did tell us there were manuals for the washer/dryer located in the resort info binder in the living room.

Have a great stay!!

Jerry

They finally brought us a sheet with the instructions. They actually work quite well. However, until we got the instructions delivered to us, after a day, we also used the standard washer/dryer in the small one bedroom.

Cooled off today to probably only 105!

duke

TUG Member
Reaction score
What are they selling at WMH and prices?
Any news on new resort in Rancho Mirage?

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
duke said:
What are they selling at WMH and prices?
Any news on new resort in Rancho Mirage?

Well....my wife was hoping to actually not attend a presentation for the first time. So, I'm not sure I'll be able to convince her this time. Tomorrow, the power is being turned off from 8am - 5pm due to the power provider replacing some upgrade equipment. Not sure what we'll do without power all day.

baz48

TUG Member
Reaction score
The temperature is 106 degrees and they're going to turn off the power for the whole day??? Seems hard to believe they couldn't have found another way to do that. It sounds like maybe it's not MH's fault, but if it is, I hope they're offering something in compensation. I imagine the pool area will be packed quite early.

oneohana

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did they tell you if this affected the whole resort? We're here at the hotel side :wave: and they didn't say anything to us regarding a disruption in power.

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
baz48 said:
The temperature is 106 degrees and they're going to turn off the power for the whole day??? Seems hard to believe they couldn't have found another way to do that. It sounds like maybe it's not MH's fault, but if it is, I hope they're offering something in compensation. I imagine the pool area will be packed quite early.

I was told last week a transformer blew and there was no power for 4 hours. The power company is replacing the transformer. An engineer I know can't understand why it wouldn't take 4-5 hours, so the all day was probably to be conservative.

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
oneohana said:
Did they tell you if this affected the whole resort? We're here at the hotel side :wave: and they didn't say anything to us regarding a disruption in power.

Our letter from the Director of villa operations states: ..."the power outage includes the hotel facility as well, however, the mainbuilding at the hotel, which includes the lobby area, lobby lounge, Celebrity Ballrooms, Room Service and the Bella Vista Restaurant, are on back-up generator and will incur no service interruptions." "..we have also arranged the Celebrity Ballrooms, A, B, C, and D at the hotel for you to relax in. It is air conditioned and we will have televisions, show movies and have cold beverages and popcorn available."

ahmo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you have to pay a parking charge or resort fee? Thanks.