• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

1st time Paris, Marriott timeshare or hotel?

spottie

Reaction score
I am thinking of giving my mom accomendation in Paris as her 60th birthday present this year. She's never been there. I can try to get the Marriott timeshare in Paris during off seasons, or try to trade in my point and get a hotel in Paris. Any recommendations as to which way to go? And if I should get hotel, which one is good to get? (I have enough point for either cat6 or 7 hotels) In addition, any recommendations as to when is best time to visit?
Thanks!

lweverett

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think it is about a 30 min train ride to Paris from the T/S. I would recomend either the Paris Marriott or the new Renaissaance hotel - but not the Ren at la Defence. There is also a Marriott Cortyard that is supposedly convenient, but either of the other two are supposed to be Very nice.

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
No contest in my opinion...it took me 60 years to get to Paris too! There's only one place and that's the Champs Elysees Marriott - at about 400 euros a night. April in Paris. Ahhhhhh! The most romantic city in the world, so "The Bachelor" show says.

The hotel will cost you 150,000 points alone...or $2800 euros (what's that in real dollars) for 7 nights. When you walk out the door...the whole world is there, it seems.

I suggest packages ... there are two of interest that incude air for two and hotel ... if you fly UA it's 250,000 points and if you fly AA it's 270,000 pts. That gets you either 100k to 120k points you need for two economy seats depending on whether it's UA or AA. Using points for air separately and hotel separately almost doubles the number of points you need. 100,000 FF miles alone will take 250,000 Marriott reward points ... so you can get the hotel for about 20,000 more points buy taking the package.

Enjoy.

Brian

mariawolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside
Frenchman’s Cove
Definetly concur witht he post above--the Marriott at Champs Elysees==super central location==we used Marriott points when our kids went to Paris for their anniversary and they said it was incredible==we stayed there some time back but it has been recently renovated.

td0804

TUG Member
Reaction score
No pun intended, but if you're willing to consider a hotel outside of marriott, I stayed at the Paris Hilton - it is a very short walk to the Eiffel tower.

lweverett

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The Renaissance Paris Vendome has recently been branded a Ren, is in the Eiffel Tower area, and has been getting raves on Flier Talk. Would definately make it my 2nd choice.

taxare

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree with Brian, we were there last summer on points and the location and the service was fabulous.

oufgator

Reaction score
Just got back last week from Paris. My wife and I stayed at the Ren. Venodome. It was a great hotel and very convienent to the Louvre and most anything you want. We walked by the Marriott and it looked great too. It is on the Champs so that is neat, but it isn't quite as centrally located as the Ren. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Beverley

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
The Champs Elysees is preferable. All is just outside your door. The timeshare is about 1/2 hour train ride (zone 5) and is kust outside of Disney. We stayed at the hotel and took a day trip to Disney. It was wonderful to step outside the hotel and look right and see the L' Arc de Triumphe and we walked ( I think) to Notre Dame and the West bank. They may enjoy a boat trip through the locks on the Seine ....

Bev

Steve A

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Champs Elysees Marriott. Stayed five nights on points in June 2003. Great location. Paris is wonderful, and I found the people helpful and polite. Try and use some French. It will be appreciated. Resturants everywhere. The Metro's a few blocks away.

spottie

Reaction score
Thank you all for the wonderful information. Will send mom to Champs Elysees then.

hjp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree with Brian: Paris Marriott hands down. The location is unbeatable.

I'll also second his recommendation on a package. That's what we did. In fact, you can use British Airways with a stopover in London either on the way to Paris or on the way back. We did the package, using the stopover feature to spend a week in London with a second week in Paris.

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Definitely Marriott Hotels in Paris! We stayed at the Champs Elysees last summer and it was a great experience. Right now we are at Marriott Wailea Resort in Maui, staying in an ocean front building on the 8th floor. My view from the Lanai is simply amazing. The beds are the most comfortable ones that I have ever slept on. My kids are not big on staying in the hotels but after these two trips, they are hooked! We are all looking forward to our June trip to Cancun, staying at (where else?) the JW Marriott Cancun. BTW, all these trips are on Marriott Reward Points and we have been upgraded each time so far.