• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

1st reservation

TMVANEK

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
We are just about complete on the closing of our resale purchase at Cypress Harbour – Special season. I am waiting for Marriott to recognize us as owners so we can make our first reservation. I’m hoping to get some advice on our first time. We have two school-aged children so are limited to traveling during school breaks – preferably during Spring Break. What is my best bet for reserving in 2009?
- Should I reserve the best week left available in 2009 and try to rent it if we cannot use it at that time?
- Should I reserve the best week left available and deposit it for a future reservation?
I’d really appreciate any help or advice you can offer. These boards are great and were extremely helpful for our research prior to purchasing.
Thank you!!
Theresa

dlpearson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORN, SVV (Bella), MOC, MBP, 7MileBeach Club
Hi everyone!
We are just about complete on the closing of our resale purchase at Cypress Harbour – Special season. I am waiting for Marriott to recognize us as owners so we can make our first reservation. I’m hoping to get some advice on our first time. We have two school-aged children so are limited to traveling during school breaks – preferably during Spring Break. What is my best bet for reserving in 2009?
- Should I reserve the best week left available in 2009 and try to rent it if we cannot use it at that time?
- Should I reserve the best week left available and deposit it for a future reservation?
I’d really appreciate any help or advice you can offer. These boards are great and were extremely helpful for our research prior to purchasing.
Thank you!!
Theresa
It probably depends on what you really want to do with your 2009 usage. If you want to go to Disney, and the spring break week you want/need is all booked (via Marriott), I'd suggest picking the best week you can that's left with Marriott, and then call II and do a Request First exchange request for the spring break week. You'll have to pay an exchange fee, but that's probably the only chance you have of getting the exact week you want at this point.

As a Request First, you don't give II your week until a match comes through (e.g. , you can always cancel the request/get your week back if no match). At the same time, you could try renting your reserved week privately and see what happens first--rental or a match via II (if a rental happends first, just cancel your Request First/get your money back from II).

David

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
My suggestion would be to deposit it and use it for an exchange. You probably won't be able to snag a prime week through a reservation with Mariott. With rentals and getaways fairly cheap in Orlando, you probably won't be able to get enough from a rental to make it worth your while. Save the headaches of renting and save it for later.