• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

1st Post - Introduction

Daggett24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello :wave:

I just attended a sales presentation for a time share property by Fairfield, renaming themselves to Wyndham. I am so glad I did not purchase the 308,000 point property for $36k. At the time I didn't know the value of the points, but knew better than to buy anything before doing any research. I resisted the temptation, even when they offered to double my first and second year points. Still not knowing much about time sharing (other than my folks own one) I knew research was needed. So off to Google I went, and ended up here.

Other than introducing myself, I have nothing to offer at this point, I wanted to become a registered member of this site so that I can learn a lot before I make my first Timeshare purchase. I'm going to start reading all the sticky's and do some searches, then I'm sure I will be back with a few questions. I just wanted to say hello.

I'm glad such a forum exists. Thanks to the moderators, and contributors for providing this site. I hope to learn a lot. See ya around..

jerseygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Welcome Daggett! You've found a ton of information and a lot of really nice people. Take your time ... read all you can .... and pretty soon you'll be addicted like the rest of us!

IreneLF

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Daggett

Best thing you could have done -- read read read and research. You've come to the right place, there's a wealth of knowledge here - and it's not just timeshares!!

johnmfaeth

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Daggett,

Welcome to the TUG2 !!!

In addition to this site, check out what Ebay auctions and redweek.com listings charge for Fairfield points.

One on Ebay sold on 12/16 was 182,000 points and went for $1105 plus closing costs. It was based at The Elysian (St. Thomas) as home resort. That one was a particularly good price.

The same day, one for 308,000 points was sold for $4,361 based at Myrtle Beach.

Do your research, buy at a home resort you would like to go to occasionally (you get reservation preferences there - I believe it starts 14 months before your usage date and opens up to other FF points folks 12 months in advance).

Different home resorts also have slightly different fees for the same # of points.

Lot of FF points owners here. They can build on this message.

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
Welcome, although you attended FF's sale pitch and almost bought one, that does not means you know FF is your choice, it just means you happen to take one of their sales tour. There are a lot of good TS mini-systems, so try to find one or some that can best provides your travel purpose, or even if you want to own a TS as your travel lodge planning.

FF does has a group in Yahoo. You can get more info there. And if you like their system, and their resorts are in the places you can use, then if you buy resell, I do believe FF is one of the best in value.

If you live in FL or close to that area, both FF and Bluegreen should be very good choice.

Jya-Ning

riverdees05

TUG Member
Reaction score
Welcome to TUG, you can learn a lot from this site and other similar sites. Do your homework before you buy and you will be glad you did.

Daggett24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the kind welcomes!

Yeah, as soon as I got home from the tour, I went to Ebay, and found a 308,000 point property for sale for considerably cheaper. It was that point I started searching google for a Timeshare forum. I knew there had to be some experience out there that was available.

I do want to get into a timeshare, but for this year, my travel plans are already made. I plan on spending the next 6 months learning all I can, and hopefully find a property I can buy and use for 2008.

I have started reading throug the sticky's and have already learned a bit.

Thanks again for the welcomes!

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
This is a great site. I spent 6 months reading before I purchased (2) EOY (every other year) weeks. We were already DVC (Disney Vacation Club) members, but just didn't know much about other timeshares at all.

Welcome. :D

Sir Newf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Welcome- along with all the excellent threads, I also found the "Advice" Tab - the red section, on top of page to be very helpful. Check out the General info section there and also the Club, Multi-Resort section- extremely helpful, all this will keep you busy for months- then you'll be very well informed and will love your purchase decision in the end.....have fun and keep us posted :)

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
Welcome Daggett-
Good luck in your search and your new addiction :) .
I was in your shoes over the summer, luckily discovering this site while I was mulling over a Marriott purchase. A Tug educated consumer is a developer's nightmare!