• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

1st eBay resale purchase

jvball21

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
I just wanted to post the process of completing(well not exactly completing but starting) my 1st eBay resale purchase at end of April. I won the bid with with 6 seconds to spare.
I want to try and document the whole process and see how long it takes to actually complete. I'm not new to TS but I am new to resale purchasing. If only I had know there was such a thing much earlier. I've only learned of resales about 3 or 4 years after I had already bought developer points But I digress .

The seller has so far been on top of things, besides asking for payment of course:) They have asked me for a couple things. Fill out an "Intention to sell form" requesting how we want names on the Deed to show. And a copy of DL for identification. All this done within the last 3 days. I'm told they will now send the paperwork to Wyndham and that this can take 8/10 weeks. I'm really hoping it doesn't really take that long but since this is my 1st resale purchase I really don't know for sure. I'll add what ever comes up next as this progresses.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Did you purchase Club Wyndham Access (CWA)?

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Access points transfer much faster because there's no deed involved. Even so I wouldn't count on it taking less than 8-10 weeks. You might get lucky and have it transfer in 6-8 weeks; just don't count on it.

If these are deeded points the deed has to be changed to the new owners before anything even gets sent to Wyndham. Depending on where the points are deeded and how fast/good the closing company is, that can take several weeks to a couple months.

troy12n

Reaction score
As Jan said, if it's access there are no deeds. Nothing to be recorded. It's literally just a processing fee and some documents that need to be sent to Wyndham. The OP mentioned deed, so i'm guessing it's not CWA.

I'm going through the same thing now. I won my auction on 3/7, paid 3/9 and signed all my documents on 3/10. My deed is National Harbor, which apparently the state of Maryland is notorious for taking a long time to record deeds. All the paperwork was sent to the Clerk of the court of Prince Georges county on 3/13, and I just got notification that the deed was recorded on April 25. This new deed was sent to Wyndham on 4/26 and now the clock is ticking... I don't expect it to take less than 3 more months, probably closer to 5.

Like others have said, Access contracts may take less time because there's no deeds, but it's still going to take a while. I think 8 weeks is a pipe dream. I'm just hoping the transfer completes before the end of my use year (September 30), and I get use of this year's points without having to pay much in MF. But i'm probably resigned to the fact that i'm not going to get this year's points.

Consequently there's another ebay auction for my use year I might bid on right now... will see how it turns out.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
As Jan said, if it's access there are no deeds. Nothing to be recorded. It's literally just a processing fee and some documents that need to be sent to Wyndham. The OP mentioned deed, so i'm guessing it's not CWA.

I'm going through the same thing now. I won my auction on 3/7, paid 3/9 and signed all my documents on 3/10. My deed is National Harbor, which apparently the state of Maryland is notorious for taking a long time to record deeds. All the paperwork was sent to the Clerk of the court of Prince Georges county on 3/13, and I just got notification that the deed was recorded on April 25. This new deed was sent to Wyndham on 4/26 and now the clock is ticking... I don't expect it to take less than 3 more months, probably closer to 5.

Like others have said, Access contracts may take less time because there's no deeds, but it's still going to take a while. I think 8 weeks is a pipe dream. I'm just hoping the transfer completes before the end of my use year (September 30), and I get use of this year's points without having to pay much in MF. But i'm probably resigned to the fact that i'm not going to get this year's points.

Consequently there's another ebay auction for my use year I might bid on right now... will see how it turns out.

National Harbor takes longer because someone has to physically go to the County courthouse.

Does this National Harbor contract have resale use year as you have, October 1-September 30? The contract use year is what matters if they aren't the same.

I've posted several times about how long my six resales took last year. Even my National Harbor one only took 13 weeks from when I listed it until it left our account. As I've said I was prepared and had the deed, the VOIT/estoppel and the forms from LT Transfers.

So here's what I'm wondering. Does using LT Transfers make a difference in Wyndham's processing time? LT Transfers has a solid reputation for doing good work. I know when I had to review things I knew from a quick perusal what was going to need a thorough going over and what could be done quickly. When I had to assign work I also knew who to assign each to. New people take longer than experienced people even with the easy assignments and it's asking for nothing but headaches if you give them the harder ones before they're ready for them. The experienced people get stuck with the harder ones and over time that often makes them unhappy with their job. You end up with higher employee turnover and a less efficient/productive department.

jvball21

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
Did you purchase Club Wyndham Access (CWA)?
yes I did get CWA. I tried getting others with lower MFs but I just kept losing the bids for those. But I'm still happy with this purchase.

jvball21

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham

I'm not up to speed on some of the terminology. I did say deed in my original post. But I guess I just meant to say how the names should show on the "contract"? Since these are CWA points.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
yes I did get CWA. I tried getting others with lower MFs but I just kept losing the bids for those. But I'm still happy with this purchase.
Thanks. Given the 3 day turn around to send the paperwork to Wyndham is what made me think it might have been CWA. I have been looking at all the options on Ebay and am really considering CWA for the *slightly* quicker turnaround time. It seems all the lower MF resorts go for much higher prices and I probably won't own it longer than 5-10 years max.

jvball21

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
Just to clarify a couple things.
I purchased CWA points.
I mentioned "Deed". But that was the wrong word to use. It should be "contract".
The purchased points had a Jan use year. But the ESTOPEL says that the points on this contract will adjust to the same UY (Sept) of "their existing membership" (my developer points). So I'm not sure how that is going to work as far as being able to use 2023 points if this transfer takes too long.

troy12n

Reaction score
Does this National Harbor contract have resale use year as you have, October 1-September 30? The contract use year is what matters if they aren't the same.

The resale contract I bought is an October use year, and my existing retail/developer contracts are October use year. I waited a long time to find what I wanted that matched my existing UY because I did not want to deal with possible UY realignment...

National Harbor takes longer because someone has to physically go to the County courthouse.

I guess that makes sense to some degree, but still seems way long. I didn't have a choice in what closing agent I used, I know it's not LT Transfers. I don't have any complaints about the level of service I have received to date. Just the length of the process, which I get is out of their control to some degree...

Seems the OP bought CWA, so it should take less time, but i'd still be shocked if it takes less than 3 months

alm99

Reaction score
I bought resale back in mid Feb from eBay, they told me they recorded the deed with the county on Feb 17th and mailed the paperwork copies to both me and Wyndham. I received that copy the following week. After that they said it would take 10-14 weeks to complete.

I am now just over the 10 week mark and no updates have been provided since February.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
I bought resale back in mid Feb from eBay, they told me they recorded the deed with the county on Feb 17th and mailed the paperwork copies to both me and Wyndham. I received that copy the following week. After that they said it would take 10-14 weeks to complete.

I am now just over the 10 week mark and no updates have been provided since February.

Normally neither the closing company nor Wyndham will contact you until the transfer is completed. Even then it might be several weeks after that before they notify you. However you contact the closing company and they can call Wyndham for a progress report. Sometimes that will get it moved up on the list.

With CWA the transfer has to be completed by 45 days from the date everything was signed or maybe it's submitted. If that doesn't happen, and it's not unusual, everything will have to be signed again and resubmitted. Even with deeded contracts there's a time limit but it's longer.

That's why it's a good idea to have the closing company contact Wyndham. If they're resistant about doing it don't let them off the hook.

siesta

TUG Member
Reaction score
As an example of how things have changed:

I purchased Wyndham points in February 2010 on eBay. I had to get a corrected/amended deed recorded because the original had errors courtesy of the free closing I received from the bulk seller. Even with that delay, the whole transfer process only took about 3 months. I took my first vacation with those points in August 2010.

Last edited:

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
As an example of how things have changed:

I purchased Wyndham points in February 2010 on eBay. I had to get a corrected/amended deed recorded because the original had errors courtesy of the free closing I received from the bulk seller. Even with that delay, the whole transfer process only took about 3 months. I took my first vacation with those points in August 2010.

In 2008 when we added our son to our deed at Grand Desert it was very easy. I called in and they transferred me to the correct department. I gave them the information they needed and they mailed out the paperwork. We got it notarized and sent it back with copies of our driver's licenses and a check for $100.

jvball21

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
I just wanted to post the process of completing(well not exactly completing but starting) my 1st eBay resale purchase at end of April. I won the bid with with 6 seconds to spare.
I want to try and document the whole process and see how long it takes to actually complete. I'm not new to TS but I am new to resale purchasing. If only I had know there was such a thing much earlier. I've only learned of resales about 3 or 4 years after I had already bought developer points But I digress .

The seller has so far been on top of things, besides asking for payment of course:) They have asked me for a couple things. Fill out an "Intention to sell form" requesting how we want names on the Deed to show. And a copy of DL for identification. All this done within the last 3 days. I'm told they will now send the paperwork to Wyndham and that this can take 8/10 weeks. I'm really hoping it doesn't really take that long but since this is my 1st resale purchase I really don't know for sure. I'll add what ever comes up next as this progresses.
I have an update.
On 5/30, I received a DocuSign from Wyndham called "ASSIGNMENT OF CONTRACT AND ASSUMPTION AGREEMENT". I'm sure many of you are probably familiar with this process. But for those that are not. The document routes to everyone individually. So since the sellers already signed it. It was my turn next. After I signed, they emailed my wife separately and she signed it. They state all signatures must be collected within 14 days otherwise we have to restart the process and pay another $299.00 to redraft (funny how they demand a short timeline, yet they can take weeks or months). We sent it back the same day we received it, so there should be no issue there. On 5/31 I received an email from Timeshare Cures (transfer company) asking for a copy of the completed DocuSign (I assume for their records). The letter from Wyn stated this "Once everyone has signed, you will receive a copy for your records and an additional copy will be automatically forwarded to Title Services so that we may update our system. It will take up to 30 days for the system to be updated. Once it’s completed, you will receive a confirmation letter via mail." Oh yeah, the letter also stated this "Please note that some of the parties may be required to sign twice – as an Assignor AND as an Assignee. In this case, after you sign as an Assignor, the document will be routed back to you, once it is your turn, to sign as an Assignee." I'm not sure why we would need to sign twice though. So now we wait for further instructions...

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I'm not sure why we would need to sign twice though. So now we wait for further instructions.
This would be a situation where you may be adding someone to title and you also remain.

jvball21

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
I have an update.
On 5/30, I received a DocuSign from Wyndham called "ASSIGNMENT OF CONTRACT AND ASSUMPTION AGREEMENT". I'm sure many of you are probably familiar with this process. But for those that are not. The document routes to everyone individually. So since the sellers already signed it. It was my turn next. After I signed, they emailed my wife separately and she signed it. They state all signatures must be collected within 14 days otherwise we have to restart the process and pay another $299.00 to redraft (funny how they demand a short timeline, yet they can take weeks or months). We sent it back the same day we received it, so there should be no issue there. On 5/31 I received an email from Timeshare Cures (transfer company) asking for a copy of the completed DocuSign (I assume for their records). The letter from Wyn stated this "Once everyone has signed, you will receive a copy for your records and an additional copy will be automatically forwarded to Title Services so that we may update our system. It will take up to 30 days for the system to be updated. Once it’s completed, you will receive a confirmation letter via mail." Oh yeah, the letter also stated this "Please note that some of the parties may be required to sign twice – as an Assignor AND as an Assignee. In this case, after you sign as an Assignor, the document will be routed back to you, once it is your turn, to sign as an Assignee." I'm not sure why we would need to sign twice though. So now we wait for further instructions...
Update:
I'm now at the 10 week mark. So I reached out to the transfer company to check progress. They told me that they had contacted Wyndham on June 13th and they acknowledged receiving all the transfer documents and "notating" the account on 5/30 (not sure what they mean by this?). So they show it in process and asked for approximately another 8/10 weeks as of 5/30 to complete the transfer. The transfer company is scheduled to follow up with Wyndham again on 7/17. So it looks as if this could take about 17 weeks total if nothing changes at this point. On the bright side. I may still get to use this years points. But it would be cutting it close to find somewhere to go in such short notice. If we don't get to book something with this UY points I would assume I won't be able to bank them to next UY (Sept UY)? But I think I can still put these into RCI? Does anyone disagree with this?

altiste1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Willow Ridge
Marriott Phuket Beach Club
Wyndham Bali Hai
Update:
I'm now at the 10 week mark. So I reached out to the transfer company to check progress. They told me that they had contacted Wyndham on June 13th and they acknowledged receiving all the transfer documents and "notating" the account on 5/30 (not sure what they mean by this?). So they show it in process and asked for approximately another 8/10 weeks as of 5/30 to complete the transfer. The transfer company is scheduled to follow up with Wyndham again on 7/17. So it looks as if this could take about 17 weeks total if nothing changes at this point. On the bright side. I may still get to use this years points. But it would be cutting it close to find somewhere to go in such short notice. If we don't get to book something with this UY points I would assume I won't be able to bank them to next UY (Sept UY)? But I think I can still put these into RCI? Does anyone disagree with this?
I just posted in another thread on this topic, but I just completed a transfer last week and promptly made some reservations for this year. I had points left over that I won't be able to use, so I called Wyndham, explained that the transfer had just completed, acknowledged their policy on the timing of depositing points forward, and asked for a one-time exception to the policy in order to deposit the points to the following use year. They granted the request without any issues and charged the $49 transaction fee for a phone-based deposit request. So I suspect that once your transfer completes, if you promptly make whatever reservations you can for this year and then call Wyndham soon thereafter, you may be able to get them to agree to an exception to deposit forward any points you can't use. I think that's a much better result than having to deposit points into RCI.

Also note that Wyndham gives itself 45 days after the Wyndham transfer completes to set up your RCI account , so there may even be timing issues with a deposit into RCI, depending on when your Wyndham transfer completes.

jvball21

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
I just posted in another thread on this topic, but I just completed a transfer last week and promptly made some reservations for this year. I had points left over that I won't be able to use, so I called Wyndham, explained that the transfer had just completed, acknowledged their policy on the timing of depositing points forward, and asked for a one-time exception to the policy in order to deposit the points to the following use year. They granted the request without any issues and charged the $49 transaction fee for a phone-based deposit request. So I suspect that once your transfer completes, if you promptly make whatever reservations you can for this year and then call Wyndham soon thereafter, you may be able to get them to agree to an exception to deposit forward any points you can't use. I think that's a much better result than having to deposit points into RCI.

Also note that Wyndham gives itself 45 days after the Wyndham transfer completes to set up your RCI account , so there may even be timing issues with a deposit into RCI, depending on when your Wyndham transfer completes.
This is great information. I'll definitely follow your suggestions.
Thanks

jvball21

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
Well I'm on my 13th week now. And still no transfer yet. I contacted Timeshare Cures(transfer company) last Thursday for an update. And all I got back was that "Per Gabrielle in Title Services still in process". I assume they meant Wyndham Title Services? It's ridiculous how long this is taking.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you think the transfer process is frustrating, wait until you first start using your points. There is a learning curve, but once you understand it, it's a great product.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well I'm on my 13th week now. And still no transfer yet.
The process typically takes 5-6 months (don't shoot the messenger). If it has not transferred by the end of September, then it would be time to make contact about it again.

jvball21

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
The process typically takes 5-6 months (don't shoot the messenger). If it has not transferred by the end of September, then it would be time to make contact about it again.
They told me it would be 8/10 weeks. I guess only time will tell

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
They told me it would be 8/10 weeks. I guess only time will tell
I rarely see one take 8 weeks these days. even 10 weeks. 4-6 months is what i have been hearing.

I agree with 55 Plus that there is a learning curve. Assuming you're a new owner, use this time to, scan through the program guidelines in the directory. You can also explore the new owner section of the website without having to login.

gentile3

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
none yet
I have a newby question as i haven't bought anything yet... i was under the belief whether your points are deeded or CWA, you can use them at any property.. is this accurate?