• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

$1mm level - former members - thoughts?

Kagehitokiri2

Reaction score
so former HCC and UE's first two tiers...

there are currently >
- second home destinations (HCC, planning leases going forward?)
- duo by quintess
- luxus (canada only, US launch only mentioned in passing a while ago) (~27 UE members from canada)

x EE has been working with/on lonestar for a while now, no idea when they plan to launch. seems odd they havent, but then again just how well are the above really doing in terms of signing former members?

(seems that luxus is not planning a US launch anytime soon.)

1. have you joined or are you seriously considering joining one of the above, or another club?

2. what is your interest level in a US launch of luxus or EE lonestar?

3. if "no" to the above, but you might still consider a destination club, what kind of model would you be interested in?

thought this might lead to some interesting and/or constructive discussion. could always hope clubs (which are reading) actually listen as well.

Last edited:

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
What's that saying...? "Fool me once..."

As a former HCC member:

1. have you joined or are you seriously considering joining one of the above, or another club? Absolutely not!

2. what is your interest level in a US launch of luxus or EE lonestar? Zero!

3. if "no" to the above, but you might still consider a destination club, what kind of model would you be interested in? No interest whatsoever, and would be surprised if any HCC member is!

Kagehitokiri2

Reaction score
theoretically, what about "dues only" (lease model) ?

pwrshift, did you or caribbeansun ever talk to luxus? (in terms of any new/interesting info.)

currently, second home destinations has lowest deposits and luxus/rocksure have lowest dues. EE lonestar would presumably be in line with luxus/rocksure.

considering lower stated property values - duo, m private residences, and hideaways club dues actually seem a little high.

Last edited:

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
HCC and other failures have done severe harm to the whole DC concept and I wouldn't put a dime into anything I didn't own and wasn't a public company with a shareholder responsibility.

The timeshare industry isn't in the best shape now either but at least I know what I own regardless of what they're worth and enjoy my up to 10 weeks a year for my $6000 a year maint/taxes. I'm so far away from the DC market now that couldn't care less about what happens to them...didn't even answer a recent reporter's email from the Denver paper doing a follow up story on the HCC rip-off (did it ever run?) and it's effect on members. I guess he got the old owner list of emails somehow.

brit007

Reaction score
HCC and other failures have done severe harm to the whole DC concept and I wouldn't put a dime into anything I didn't own and wasn't a public company with a shareholder responsibility.

That sure did us UE members a lot of good....:bawl: