• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

1BR thoughts?

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not looking for a crystal ball, but wonder is anyone has experience or has tracked this…

I booked 7 nights in a 1BR MOC right on the 12 month booking date.
Two months later I started looking to add another 2 nights to the reservation and placed a waitlist (Plus I search a few times a day too).
This was 6 months ago and what I find odd is I can find studios and 2BR in every view available for the dates I want, but no 1 BR at all.

Anyone have thoughts on this? I have always assumed the larger units would be harder to get. Think some 1BR will appear as the time gets closer?
I was able to book what I wanted on Marriott for cash and the points I used for the holding account are ‘25 so as long as I cancel that 60+ I’m good.
This has just surprised me.
I seem to remember another post about no 1BR being available?

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
After looking for a 1 BR Villa on MVC for BeachPlace Towers in January 2025 using Points and only seeing 7 day availability for a 2 BR or a Studio for the dates I wanted,I decided to put in a exchange request thru Interval for BeachPlace Towers in Fort Lauderdale for a week in January 2025..I was matched after only 9 days into a 2BR Villa for the week I needed…i checked to see if there was availability to add a couple days and there is nothing for January 2025 and only a Studio or 2 BR for 7 days minimum…no 1 BR availability for 1 day or 7 days.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
After looking for a 1 BR Villa on MVC for BeachPlace Towers in January 2025 using Points and only seeing 7 day availability for a 2 BR or a Studio for the dates I wanted,I decided to put in a exchange request thru Interval for BeachPlace Towers in Fort Lauderdale for a week in January 2025..I was matched after only 9 days into a 2BR Villa for the week I needed…i checked to see if there was availability to add a couple days and there is nothing for January 2025 and only a Studio or 2 BR for 7 days minimum…no 1 BR availability for 1 day or 7 days.
I think this might be the post I was remembering.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I had been seeing the same problem at Desert Springs Villas 1 for Jan 2025. They had 2BR and studio but not 1BR. I put a waitlist request and didn't get a match. I spoke to 2 agents and they said they could not breakup the 2BR into 1BR and studios. In case readers are not aware, all units at DSVI are 2BR Lockoffs. I checked everyday and after a couple of weeks, 1BR opened up and it allowed me to book 9 nights but not 7 nights. It also did not allow me to book the check-in date that I wanted, even though it was available. I went ahead and booked 9 nights and I called an agent to get a supervisor to trim the reservation to the 7 nights that I wanted. MVC is messing around way too much with blocking off what can be booked or not, even though the dates are available. Not a happy camper.

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
I think this might be the post I was remembering.
I checked again this morning..BeachPlace Towers has only 7 nights Studio and 2 BR availability throughout January 2025..If you want 4 nights there is only studio availability..and no 2BR availability....1 BR are non existent..perhaps availability will change closer to January…..I haven’t booked our flight yet.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
I checked again this morning..BeachPlace Towers has only 7 nights Studio and 2 BR availability throughout January 2025..If you want 4 nights there is only studio availability..and no 2BR availability....1 BR are non existent..perhaps availability will change closer to January…..I haven’t booked our flight yet.
And so I continue to wonder why is it the 1BR that sell out on points.
The only thing I can think of they are lower points and still get you a kitchen so if traveling when school is in session maybe just couples choosing the 1BR.

And I wonder if more will appear by any other means than cancellation.

I did notice there are no 1BR of any view on Fri, Sat or Sun at MOC for October, November and December and only the first weekend in January has 1BR.
I’ll continue to search and update if I find anything.

Last edited:

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
And so I continue to wonder why is it the 1BR that sell out on points.
The only thing I can think of they are lower points and still get you a kitchen so if traveling when school is in session maybe just couples choosing the 1BR.

And I wonder if more will appear by any other means than cancellation.

I did notice there are no 1BR of any view on Fri, Sat or Sun at MOC for October, November and December and only the first weekend in January has 1BR.
I’ll continue to search and update if I find anything.
IMO,I surmise that all villas are 2BR lock offs…if the resort has members taking a lot of 1 BR Villas that means that there are many more studios available that may be harder to get rid of through points/exchange reservations….BPT now has 7 night availability for 2BR…1BR and Studio units Feb..March and April 2025.

Last edited: