• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

1958-2015

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got home from a 10 day visit to what I consider "home" I grew up in the Maryland suburbs of Washington DC> Most of this trip was spent at Wyndhams National Harbor Resort, at least thats where I slept, but my days were spent driving from one relatives home to another.

I hadnt seen my brother and sister in over 15 years

so here we are now (Im on the right) ages 69, 65, and 61

2015.jpg
Ic42/1960.jpg[/url]

and here we are some 55 years ago

1960.jpg

Last edited:

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Happy to hear and see you reconnected with your family.
That is really all that matters.

Your sister got tall :D

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Nice family reunion!

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Thanks Ron for sharing these family pictures with your friends

Ron

It is great of you to share with all of your friends at TUG

and I hope all your associates at Wyndham love them too.

Happy Thanksgiving

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your family picture, that is truly a moment in time.

mav

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great pics! Thanks for posting them. Curious, what part of maryland did u grow up in?

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Very nice, Ron!

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great pics! Thanks for posting them. Curious, what part of maryland did u grow up in?

I grew up in Prince Georges County (Langley Park) and after college moved to Annapolis, where I married (twice) raised my daughter and worked, until I moved to Florida in 1995,

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Happy to hear and see you reconnected with your family.
That is really all that matters.

Your sister got tall :D

she got tall, which I understand, our parents were both tall. What I dont understand is how she has been able to slow down the aging process. She really doesnt look like a 61 year old grandma.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Very neat. You are all looking very good!

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
she got tall, which I understand, our parents were both tall. What I dont understand is how she has been able to slow down the aging process. She really doesnt look like a 61 year old grandma.

Ron, I do not always agree with your posts. But, your sister looks like she is under 45 years old.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Ron,

Thank you for sharing your pic's of your family… I love those then and now pics….you all look great...

mav

TUG Member
Reaction score

Actually, all 3 of u look darn good! must be good genes .

BTW, I grew up in Hyattsville. I know u must remember Ledo's AND Leonie's Restaurant and Pizza. Ledo's is still the best pizza, and Leonie's closed up maybe 40 years ago. I still remember it though. Just as good as Ledo's.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually, all 3 of u look darn good! must be good genes .

BTW, I grew up in Hyattsville. I know u must remember Ledo's AND Leonie's Restaurant and Pizza. Ledo's is still the best pizza, and Leonie's closed up maybe 40 years ago. I still remember it though. Just as good as Ledo's.

Thats west Hyattesville. Those are my old stomping grounds. Leonies was on my paper route, and on hot days you could find me, a skinny 10 yo, at the bar sipping on a coke,

If you remember those places you also remember the Tick Tock. Their pizza was the same. and further up University Blvd was the Hot Shoppes (keeping this timeshare related, Hot Shoppes was the Marriotts first business) Hot Shoppes didnt serve pizza but Im sure you remember Hot Fudge Ice Cream Cakes> If you are anywhere near my age I may have served you at Hot Shoppes I was a car hop there for 5 years in the late 1960's

Ledos is now franchised and the pizza is still the thin crust and square. and still the best ever. We had lunch this trip at the Ledo in Severna Park (near Annapolis)

Attachments

• IMG_2747.JPG
    IMG_2747.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 39

PGtime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Waterside by Spinnaker,
Cottages at Shipyard
Looking great. I grew up in Baltimore but know the suburban MD suburbs well.

By the way, love the Ravens shirt!

Paul

mav

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thats west Hyattesville. Those are my old stomping grounds. Leonies was on my paper route, and on hot days you could find me, a skinny 10 yo, at the bar sipping on a coke,

If you remember those places you also remember the Tick Tock. Their pizza was the same. and further up University Blvd was the Hot Shoppes (keeping this timeshare related, Hot Shoppes was the Marriotts first business) Hot Shoppes didnt serve pizza but Im sure you remember Hot Fudge Ice Cream Cakes> If you are anywhere near my age I may have served you at Hot Shoppes I was a car hop there for 5 years in the late 1960's

Ledos is now franchised and the pizza is still the thin crust and square. and still the best ever. We had lunch this trip at the Ledo in Severna Park (near Annapolis)

AAAHHHH! The great memories.... yes, the hot fudge cake... YUMMY!!!
When I was in high school I worked at the Hot Shoppe Cafeteria at P.G. Plaza bussing down the tables. Crazy thing was the manager was SO NICE! and was always saying to me " buy Marriott stock and lots of it and u will be rich one day. I shoulda listened to him. :) But what teenage girl is interested in Marriott stock when there were clothes to buy and guys in the world. LOL. Funny, I was at Hot Shoppes at P.G. Plaza and u were at the Hot Shoppe in Takoma Park. :)
Yes, Ledo's is still the best and thank you for the pic! and I sure do remember the Tick Tock!

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
AAAHHHH! The great memories.... yes, the hot fudge cake... YUMMY!!!
When I was in high school I worked at the Hot Shoppe Cafeteria at P.G. Plaza bussing down the tables. Crazy thing was the manager was SO NICE! and was always saying to me " buy Marriott stock and lots of it and u will be rich one day. I shoulda listened to him. :) But what teenage girl is interested in Marriott stock when there were clothes to buy and guys in the world. LOL. Funny, I was at Hot Shoppes at P.G. Plaza and u were at the Hot Shoppe in Takoma Park. :)
Yes, Ledo's is still the best and thank you for the pic! and I sure do remember the Tick Tock!

I attended a meeting where they presented the employee stock purchase plan. Like you I didnt do it. When I graduated from college I was heavily recuited by every manager I had ever worked for to go into the Marriott manager training program for a new division. (Roy Rogers) I said not unless I could go to the Hotel Division.... two of the biggest mistakes Ive ever made

mav

TUG Member
Reaction score
I attended a meeting where they presented the employee stock purchase plan. Like you I didnt do it. When I graduated from college I was heavily recuited by every manager I had ever worked for to go into the Marriott manager training program for a new division. (Roy Rogers) I said not unless I could go to the Hotel Division.... two of the biggest mistakes Ive ever made

Yes, but look at u now... big timeshare kingpin :).
I went to work for At&T, and looking back I wish I had worked for either Marriott or Hilton, the hotel side of course. But life was good and now I'm retired and spend over half my life staying in hotels and some timeshares and love every second of it! I"ll be heading to Oman Saturday til Dec. 20th.
Years ago I bought a LOT of Disney stock and that has done quite well. Never did buy Marriott though but its never to late. Hilton is also publicly traded again. Hhhmmm, maybe some of each?
Thank you for all the memories!