• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

1880 hyatt sierra vs 2000 beach house

JeffW

TUG Member
Reaction score
Will you be planning on staying at either resort during the intended-to-be-owned week? If so, not having to hope for an exchange for the week you want would be a plus.

If not, then I would compare the week numbers you'd be purchasing at each resort. If you plan on mostly exchanging, then I believe when you home resort points become available dictates when you can start to make a request, when points transfer into the different stages, etc. One particular week might be more advantageous for vacation planning than another.

Next, any rental plans? Beach House is one of 3 Hyatt resorts in KW, with Sunset Harbor the most desireable resort there, and the one most likely to pull the highest rental rates. Not sure if High Sierra might be better.

Lastly, if no major differences so far, I'd go with the higher point week, since long term it will give you the most vacation options.

Jeff

Carmel85

TUG Member
Reaction score
which is the better deal?????
1880 gold in a prime locaation or 2000 plat for $2000.00 more

Looks like you live in California correct? I would go for Tahoe.

It would help if you gave us a little more info.

benjaminb13

Reaction score
thanks guys -Just some hindsight---
I already purchased the 2000 point week 6 Feb beach house week-Deed is transferred- waiting for membership-
a friend said I should have gone for late June was that week 46? in tahoe- for 1880 points when I had the chance. as I may have difficulty exchanging my points for Tahoe.

so I thought Id ask the the more experienced.

carmel - I do live in California -weve talked b4 about exchanging my HGVC wiakoloa resort hawaii for your tahoe in 2009- remember? we are still on I hope----
Anyway
I plan on going to Tahoe or Carmel every other year- I did want to visit each of the resorts at least once.
Jeff- can you explain further on the importance of the when the home resort becomes available?
Havent thought about rentals- does Hyatt handle this?

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
To determine the "best week" to purchase you really need to do some "what-if" planning. Take into account the 3 stages (HRPP, CUP and LCUP) not only for your own points but also how those stages play out for the target week of occupancy. Others on the wait list may have points in hand when the units become available, yet you may not have yet received your own points or your points could be in a more difficult stage.

benjaminb13

Reaction score
Instead of reserving at my home resort in beach house --- can I immediately start using the 2000 points to exchange for other hyatt resorts during HRPP season?

benjaminb13

Reaction score
Thanks Kal
Re: making reservations for 2008-
Since I may not receive my membership till mid July-
I suppose this means I have only 7 months till I lose cUP status
(I own week 6--Feb.)
If I wanted to request a week in Carmel in Easter- is this possible?
This sysytem seems pretty straightforward but can be confusing when you dont understand the limits and restrictions fully.- You must have heard this a thousand times-

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
For this first year of ownership, Week 6 will be a challenge to get those most desired reservations. You just need to assume the waiting list is well stocked with names at about 12 months from the target reservation week. By the time you get access to doing anything with your points you will be well down the list. As a matter of fact, I had requested Week 6 (2008) and received confirmation in March 2007.

Getting Week 12 (or so) in 2008 for Easter at Carmel will be a tuff one as you will be way too late. Just make the best of it for 2008, BUT start planning NOW for 2009. As soon as you get registered into the HVC, get your name on target waiting lists, pronto.

The first year sequence is always difficult.

benjaminb13

Reaction score
Thanks Kal- Wish me luck---If not fot TUG
and the HYatt website---- I would have purchased 1300 points-
Im glad I have the 2000 to work with

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Curious as to what you paid for the 2,000 pt Beach House TS? That seems like plenty of points to get into most anyplace you want.

benjaminb13

Reaction score
I only plan on visiting beach house once and hope to change for western states mostly hope the 2000 serves this purpose-