• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

15-year old daughter's band has a chance to play Hard Rock NYC

KProuty

TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven't been on this forum in a while, and I haven't used my timeshare in a while, and I haven't even scheduled it for this year (and I think last year maybe) because I've been helping my daughter with her band and working at my regular job.

So, if you have a minute, and you like to listen to music, if you could give her band a shot, we would both appreciate it!

What: Jessica Prouty Band, teen band, in the final top 10 of the Little Steven's Underground Garage/Teen Vogue's First Ever Girl-Led Battle of the Bands
When: vote now until October 31st at midnight
Where: www.UndergroundGarage.com/teenvogue
Why: Jessica Prouty Band, only band from New England, and only one of two teen bands in the top 10
More info: www.JessicaProuty.com, under Press and then Publicity tab, including High Res Photos, logos
Media contact: Katherine Prouty, KP@JessicaProuty.com, 781 608-4460

Jessica Prouty Band wants to bring New England to the Hard Rock in New York City

The Jessica Prouty Band, a group of teens from Massachusetts, is the only band from New England to be in the finals for Little Steven's Underground Garage/Teen Vogue's first ever girl-led battle of the bands. It is "rock meets the runway" as Little Steven, radio show host, record-label owner, guitarist in Bruce Springsteen's E Street Band, and part of the mob on the Sopranos, has teamed up with Teen Vogue to find a band to sign to his label, Wicked Cool Records. It is now down to the top 10, and the final three bands are determined by online voting. After the online voting ends on October 31st, the top three get to go play at the Hard Rock in New York City on Sunday, November 16th at the Rock the Runway event. The band left standing gets the record deal and a photo spread in Teen Vogue.

Currently the bands included in the online voting come from around the country, including California, Texas, and Minnesota. Some are all-girl bands but most are mixed. The only requirement was that the band had to have a girl lead singer. Jessica sings lead and plays bass. Each applicant had to send mp3s, video, pictures, and an essay as the initial submission packet.

"We've played the Hard Rock Boston for our CD release this summer when we opened for Ernie and the Automatics," said Jessica Prouty, "but we would love to play the Hard Rock in New York City too."

"Yeah, we got to play Higher Ground in Vermont, Hampton Beach in New Hampshire, and camps in Maine plus lots of other places on our tour in New England, but if you get to play the Hard Rock New York as your first stop out of New England? Well, awesome," said Cody Nilsen.

"I had the best summer of my life touring this summer," added Cam Pelkey, "but this would be an experience."

"And I think we would meet Steven Van Zandt too," said Andy. "My uncle would be really jealous if we won. And happy too."

"Right now, we are trying to get everyone in New England to vote for us so we can show New York that New England can rock too!" Jessica said as she summed up what has to happen.

The band has been taking it slow with bookings this fall due to football commitments and due to Jessica's casting in her high school musical, Into the Woods. The band plans to have a full set of bookings starting in January, including schools and clubs in Massachusetts and New Hampshire.

The band includes: Jessica Prouty, 15, lead vocals and bass guitar; Cam Pelkey, 15, on drums, both from Marblehead; lead guitarist, Cody Nilsen, 15, of Wilmington, and Andy Covino, 13, of Swampscott. Their CD, Saving My Sanity, is available on iTunes and Amazon.com.

You can vote once every 24 hours until October 31st at midnight at: www.undergroundgarage.com/teenvogue

IreneLF

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will be voting.
I have met Steve Van Zandt and he is really the nicest guy (not at all like Silvio :)
I hope you all get the chance to meet him! Good luck.

Kay H

TUG Member
Reaction score
I tried to hear the band but was only able to hear the top one on the page. I clicked on the picture of your daughter's band but only the uppermost one on the page played again. Any suggestions?

KProuty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Playing the songs...

I could do it. It might have had a big load when you tried? Can you try again?

And thank you!!!!

Best,

Katherine

KProuty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks... this is what she wants to do...

Thanks Silvi, you and I know that there are some great musicians and vocalists out there who couldn't make music their career. This is what she wants to do. My job is to make sure that this is REALLY what she wants to do, and if it is, to support her as best I can!

Thanks for listening, everyone!

Best,

Katherine