• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

15 candidates for Hyatt Pinon Pointe HOA BOD?

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got my notice today for ... I know there are 5 spots open, but 15 candidates? Wow, I can't remember if I've ever seen such interest level at any of the other properties I own.

Any Tuggers running?

-ryan

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also note that there are 4 people on the slate that identify themselves as an employee of MVCI and/or Hyatt/ILG (3 are incumbents). Definitely not receiving my vote, though not sure what the numbers are as far as making any impact on who gets elected given quorum rules, etc.

-ryan

Last edited:

bdh

TUG Member
Reaction score
There were 17 running for the Beach House BOD - none were Hyatt/MVCI employees.

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
FWIW, for Hyatt Pinon Pointe, I'd recommend voting for the two incumbents that are independent from Hyatt/ILG/MVCI:
Dwight S. Kadar
Chuck Armbruster

I wrote to Dwight, and he sent me a nice note. From what I can tell, they are the only two current board members that are independent in appearance and fact. You can vote up to 5 so if desired, fill in with other independent candidates... but please don't vote for the Hyatt timeshare sales guy that is running :rolleyes:

ryan

Norcal5

TUG Member
Reaction score
FWIW, for Hyatt Pinon Pointe, I'd recommend voting for the two incumbents that are independent from Hyatt/ILG/MVCI:
Dwight S. Kadar
Chuck Armbruster

I wrote to Dwight, and he sent me a nice note. From what I can tell, they are the only two current board members that are independent in appearance and fact. You can vote up to 5 so if desired, fill in with other independent candidates... but please don't vote for the Hyatt timeshare sales guy that is running :rolleyes:

ryan
I will be sending all of my votes to these two candidates.

Colorado Ski

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt pinon pointe
Good day,

I am one of those independent candidates.........I bring to the table someone that has the interest of all the members, like Chuck & Dwight, I have no affiliation with "Hyatt or MVC! My experience is with an entrepreneurial perspective, not a corporate approach. The property is well maintained by Jamie and if elected I will help protect owners positions and strive to keep maintenance fees in check.

The new "Points Trust" gets many votes and I am sure we are up against stacked odds!

My wife and I own nine units(nine votes), and even with that said it will be an uphill battle.

My name is Larry Tasman and would appreciate your vote. Any help would be appreciated.

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Good day,

I am one of those independent candidates.........I bring to the table someone that has the interest of all the members, like Chuck & Dwight, I have no affiliation with "Hyatt or MVC! My experience is with an entrepreneurial perspective, not a corporate approach. The property is well maintained by Jamie and if elected I will help protect owners positions and strive to keep maintenance fees in check.

The new "Points Trust" gets many votes and I am sure we are up against stacked odds!

My wife and I own nine units(nine votes), and even with that said it will be an uphill battle.

My name is Larry Tasman and would appreciate your vote. Any help would be appreciated.

I think it’s awesome we have a TUGGER going for a BoD! Wish I owned at Pinon Pointe so I could throw a vote your way.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Piñon Pointe (eoy odd)
Hilton on the Boulevard (eoy even)
Hilton on the Boulevard (annual)
Hyatt High Sierra Lodge (annual)
Is anyone actually attending the meeting?

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow! 9 units -- whew that's a lot. You have my vote as well... I was just about to send my ballot in.

-ryan

Colorado Ski

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt pinon pointe
Thank everyone for their support, the portfolio trust "Marriott" gets a vote on every unit they own so they have a large block.

I have no other platform to reach out to receive votes.........if people want to vote for independents both Dwight and Chuck do a great job. Also Lisa(not an owner) but an excellent board member with a legal background.....we need her.

Any and all support would be appreciated.

Larry Tasman

AZLatin5

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Pacific Palisades
Wyndham Oceanside Pier
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
I own there and I have not received a ballot. Anyone know who I can check with about that? I’d love to support a fellow tugger!

Colorado Ski

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt pinon pointe
Good morning from Larry Tasman and thank you for your support. My email address is larrytasman@yahoo.com and I will send you over a blank ballot if anyone sends me their email address.

AZSadOwner

Reaction score
I submitted my candidacy at Sheraton's Desert Oasis in Scottsdale a few years ago and I was a local resident, so easily available or meetings, etc. And my experience included being a management consultant most of my life and being President of a condo owners association. I got to the point of being interviewed by some "consultant" on the phone (or there might have been others listening in) but Sheraton had enough proxy votes and unsold units to block my candidacy. So good luck to you, I hope you are elected.

Colorado Ski

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt pinon pointe
I realize this is an uphill battle.....with Hyatt's portfolio program the developer sold all the units to the trust. The whole program was leading to a property that would eventually sell out but by the introduction of the Portfolio Program this took this out of the loop. Also the portfolio trust buys up any foreclosures and maintenance default units, there by assuring themselves of many seats in the house for voting. Sort of like stacking courts or adding states.....this is a very uphill battle especially since no one has any idea of how many votes the block has.

All I can do is reach out and see if I can gather enough votes.........thanks again to everyone.

And don't forget to vote on Nov 3rd and on November 8th\(Pinon Point)

If anyone needs a ballot please let me know so I can forward you over one(Pinon Point)

Larry Tasman

Colorado Ski

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt pinon pointe
I own there and I have not received a ballot. Anyone know who I can check with about that? I’d love to support a fellow tugger!

Thank you for your interest and everyone's support. I have attached a blank ballot. You can only vote once per unit you own and only vote for one candidate once.

If you would please select the following:

Larry Tasman(owner rep)
Dwight Kadar(incumbent owner Rep, President)
Chuck Armbruster(incumbent owner Rep)
Lisa Trosset(part of the Hyatt Marriott team, valuable asset as an attorney with years of valiant support)

Attachments

• Pinon Poine Ballot.pdf
    413.8 KB · Views: 17

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
I have my ballot completed and in stamped envelope ready to mail, which is really early for me on any BOD election :)

Colorado Ski

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt pinon pointe
BTW......thanks everyone for voting for me.....with your help I came in 6th(they only needed 5) I had 132 votes and the Hyatt/Marriot/Developer installed their people with some 800 points each.

I live in Florida and think the chances of ever having a chance are more unlikely than if I walked on a beach in Florida during a lightning storm. They certainly stack the courts, LOL

youknowthenight

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry I missed this, but if you run again next year at PP feel free to message me, you'll get my vote.

BingoBangoBongo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Elara, Kings Land, Valdoro Mountain, the District
Thank everyone for their support, the portfolio trust "Marriott" gets a vote on every unit they own so they have a large block.

I have no other platform to reach out to receive votes.........if people want to vote for independents both Dwight and Chuck do a great job. Also Lisa(not an owner) but an excellent board member with a legal background.....we need her.

Any and all support would be appreciated.

Larry Tasman

Larry,

I think it's great to see people like you step up and try to get involved in your TS interests and sorry to see that you didn't gain a position. I'm curious what would drive someone like Lisa that you mention to seek a position.

Thanks,

BBB

Colorado Ski

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt pinon pointe
From what I am told is that Lisa is part of the "Hyatt", Marriott, developer team. I can only imagine why she runs??????

cfabar1

Reaction score
Sad to hear the developer gets to run people. I guess because there is enough inventory they still own to make that possible?

My understanding was once x number of units are done, the HOA cannot be managed by the developer.

Colorado Ski

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt pinon pointe
I assumed that but was told that laws differ by state. I think that they played their cards with the developer unsold units, the Portfolio trust and now the defaults..........don't think they will relinquish control. This boy will not try again!