• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

13 Things Las Vegans Love

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Can I give you an AMEN? :clap:

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can I give you an AMEN? :clap:

Yes, of course!

I grow as weary of people here on TUG and elsewhere complaining about Vegas summers. I just don't have a clue how they don't seem to understand that of course it's hot, Vegas is in the desert. :doh:

Then of course they REALLY don't understand that in the winter it's cold, due to it being in the high desert. I think some of them think high desert must mean that everyone in Vegas is stoned!!! :D;):eek:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Darn! I thought this was going to be about vegetarian food! ;)

Last edited:

PStreet1

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Yes, of course!

Then of course they REALLY don't understand that in the winter it's cold, due to it being in the high desert. I think some of them think high desert must mean that everyone in Vegas is stoned!!! :D;):eek:

Is Las Vegas really considered high desert? I lived in Albuquerque and Denver, both are high desert, and now live in Phoenix, low desert. Las Vegas doesn't seem that different to me from Phoenix--pretty much the same sort of miserable climate in the summer.

beach_bumz

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I could have written that!

OMG - I've been saying the same things for years!

And when our temps drop into the 60's -- yes I pull out the heavy coat, scarves, gloves, etc. :D

PStreet, we're joining you in Baja in about 6 more years.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Darn! I thought this was going to be about vegetarian food! ;)

I can see it now..... Lost vegan in search of tofu... Tabbouleh anyone? Use your GPS for a culinary geocache..... :)

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is Las Vegas really considered high desert? I lived in Albuquerque and Denver, both are high desert, and now live in Phoenix, low desert. Las Vegas doesn't seem that different to me from Phoenix--pretty much the same sort of miserable climate in the summer.

Las Vegas sits at around 2200 feet above sea level. Henderson goes up another couple hundred feet or more.

I see Phoenix is about 1100 feet and Palm Springs about 440 feet.

So, that's why Vegas is hot in the summer and cool to cold in the winter compared to Phoenix and Palm Springs. :)

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Henderson

Or more indeed. My house is 3200 feet above sea level. Which is why I always feel so hot when I go to Green Valley and Sunset area in the summertime.

Fern

Las Vegas sits at around 2200 feet above sea level. Henderson goes up another couple hundred feet or more.

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Or more indeed. My house is 3200 feet above sea level. Which is why I always feel so hot when I go to Green Valley and Sunset area in the summertime.

Fern

Or down in our "hood" @ East Flamingo, which almost always shows one of the highest temps in the Valley! :)

PStreet1

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

I see Phoenix is about 1100 feet and Palm Springs about 440 feet.

So, that's why Vegas is hot in the summer and cool to cold in the winter compared to Phoenix and Palm Springs. :)

I know.

My high desert experience has been in Albuquerque and Denver (though, even though Denver refers to itself as "high desert," I think it's technically a steppe). Obviously, a vast improvement in climate: cooler summers, and definitely cool nights even in the summer, and neither Denver nor Albuquerque gets real cold weather or much snow (Denver schedules its occasional blizzards for Monday night football fans to see to keep more masses from moving in.)

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know.

My high desert experience has been in Albuquerque and Denver (though, even though Denver refers to itself as "high desert," I think it's technically a steppe). Obviously, a vast improvement in climate: cooler summers, and definitely cool nights even in the summer, and neither Denver nor Albuquerque gets real cold weather or much snow (Denver schedules its occasional blizzards for Monday night football fans to see to keep more masses from moving in.)

I guess there is high desert and then there is really high desert! :D

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Thanks for posting the article. We have visited many times at various times of the year and plan to retire there. Glad to that things have rebounded to some extent. Looking forward to our next visit with family around Christmas time. Will definitely bring our coats again. :)

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free