• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

13 month consecutive/concurrent reservations using both DC points & weeks

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If I am Chairmans Club with DC points and have multiple resale unenrolled weeks, can I call MVC and have them book my weeks 13 months out at the resort that I own at and then continue the reservation using my DC points for as many days as my points can book? e.g. Say I own 3 weeks and I have enough DC points for another 4 weeks at that resort. Can I make a 7 week reservation at 13 months? Can I also have a DC point reservation booked concurrently at the third week of my weeks reservation?

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
DC points are eligible for 13 month bookings with or without weeks. So, if you made a reservation with your weeks consecutively, then called them to book the following weeks at 13 months with points, don't see why not. The trick would be if there is inventory at the time on the correct dates at that resort. And, since they are separate reservation, same unit type, etc. You could later hopefully keep the same unit. I have never done this, but should be possible. Anyone disagree?

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
No. Reservation Window systems for Weeks and DC Points are completely separate from each other. In your example of 7 weeks you would book the first three Weeks when the window opens for that first check-in day, then the four Points weeks when the window opens for that first check-in day. Same for any concurrent Weeks/Points stays, book each separately when the window opens for each.

*** Remember that the Reservation Windows for Weeks and Points are different, that the windows for Points are dependent on your ownership tier and the type of stay you're trying to book, and, that the windows for Weeks are dependent on the individual resort calendars and available check-in days-of-the-week.

Sign in to your owners.marriottvacationclub.com account then:
--> click on "Helpful Tools" in the dropdown menu under "EDUCATION & RESOURCES"
--> click on "When Can I Reserve?" and then select either "Using My Week" or "Using Vacation Club Points" (meaning either Trust or Exchange Points)
--> follow the prompts to select the check-in day/resort and it'll give you the Reservation Window openings

Last edited:

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
The issue I see is that by booking multiple weeks, you essentially can book those weeks before the 13 month points window would open up....as with consecutive weeks, you add a week to the 13 months for each additional that you book, correct? As an example using estimates, if you book 4 consecutive weeks at 13 months on June 1, 2021 for 4 weeks beginning July 1, 2022, your 13 month window for your 5th week booked with DC points would not open up till around July 1, 2021 (a month after you booked your weeks) for an Aug 1, 2022 check in. Am I thinking about this correctly?

Last edited:

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DC points are eligible for 13 month bookings with or without weeks. So, if you made a reservation with your weeks consecutively, then called them to book the following weeks at 13 months with points, don't see why not. The trick would be if there is inventory at the time on the correct dates at that resort. And, since they are separate reservation, same unit type, etc. You could later hopefully keep the same unit. I have never done this, but should be possible. Anyone disagree?

I disagree. :)

If he books the first three weeks consecutively at the 13-mos open Weeks Reservation Window for the first day of that stay, the 13-mos Points Reservation Window won't open until 13-mos in advance of the first day of the DC Points stay (which is three weeks after the Weeks stay.)

There is no reservation advantage for combination Weeks and Points stays when it comes to booking consecutive calendar dates/weeks. Think of them as two completely separate systems that have to be booked based on the check-in days of the separate Weeks and Points segments, according to each system's rules/windows.

Last edited:

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
I disagree. :)

If he books the first three weeks consecutively at the 13-mos open Weeks Reservation Window for the first day of that stay, the 13-mos Points Reservation Window won't open until 13-mos in advance of the first day of the DC Points stay (which is three weeks after the Weeks stay.)

There is no reservation advantage for combination Weeks and Points stays when it comes to booking consecutive calendar dates/weeks. Think of them as two completely separate systems that have to be booked based on the check-in days of the separate Weeks and Points segments, according to each system's rules/windows.

Well, of course. If he makes weeks Jun 1 - Jun 22 (let's assume June 1 is the first day 13 months out), of course he wants Jun 22 as the first day of his points stay, which is > 12 months, right? Which he can do after he gets the weeks booked at the 13 month mark from Jun 22. I thought the question was exactly can he do that, and I say yes. You disagree he can't do a points stay Jun 22 and on so he has one continuous stay?

I thought he said he merely wanted one stay and wanted to combine his weeks + points, no? He said he owned 3 weeks. Does my example not work, assuming calendars at the specific resort work?

Did I not say "then called them to book the following weeks at 13 months with points", bold added? I did not say on the same day. I said at 13 months.

But maybe I missed this: "Can I also have a DC point reservation booked concurrently at the third week of my weeks reservation?". I had read it as can he have one continuous stay from previous lines of the OP. i.e., I stopped where he asked "Can I make a 7 week reservation at 13 months?". And the answer is yes, at the 13 month mark for weeks stay, and, 13 month mark for the points stay. Those are just different dates of course. So, not concurrent. My bad for misreading. Thank you for correcting this!

Last edited:

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well, of course. If he makes weeks Jun 1 - Jun 22 (let's assume June 1 is the first day 13 months out), of course he wants Jun 22 as the first day of his points stay, which is > 12 months, right? Which he can do after he gets the weeks booked at the 13 month mark from Jun 22. I thought the question was exactly can he do that, and I say yes. You disagree he can't do a points stay Jun 22 and on so he has one continuous stay?

I thought he said he merely wanted one stay and wanted to combine his weeks + points, no? He said he owned 3 weeks. Does my example not work, assuming calendars at the specific resort work?

Did I not say "then called them to book the following weeks at 13 months with points", bold added? I did not say on the same day. I said at 13 months.

But maybe I missed this: "Can I also have a DC point reservation booked concurrently at the third week of my weeks reservation?". I had read it as can he have one continuous stay from previous lines of the OP. i.e., I stopped where he asked "Can I make a 7 week reservation at 13 months?". And the answer is yes, at the 13 month mark for weeks stay, and, 13 month mark for the points stay. Those are just different dates of course. So, not concurrent. My bad for misreading. Thank you for correcting this!

>>I stopped where he asked "Can I make a 7 week reservation at 13 months?".<<

That was pretty much my only focus, whether the entire seven calendar weeks could be booked on the day that the Reservation Window for the first opened. There are so many things to think about when it comes to reservations, so many different possibilities and ownership types ... I try to break the more-complicated scenarios down to the simplest 'yes' or 'no' considerations and then work from there. It doesn't always work - which is when I'm the one saying thanks for correcting me! ;)

pekckian1

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I own a fixed week 52 at NCV and a float week at MOC, can I book week 1 at MOC at 13 months + 1 week out for conservative reservation? Thanks