• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Expiration Date of 120-days Holding Accounts Extended Further to 12/31/22

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
In my account, my 120 day holding account points now are showing an expiration date of 12/31/22. That’s right, 2022. Are others seeing this? Did I miss an announcement?

[Note: Official confirmation 3/24/21; see Post #43.] <-- SueDonJ

Last edited by a moderator:

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Same for me, suddenly moved out to 2022 as well. I already have plans for these in 2021, but will gladly take the longer expiration date if that's real...

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Awesome and so generous of Marriott. I only have 1500 holding points but this is a nice surprise that I can use them till next Dec.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Same with mine. I'll be calling tomorrow to see if it can be officially confirmed but in the meantime, I've printed out my "Vacation Club Points Balance" page just in case things change back. :)

titanium2019

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Waiohai
Thank you for posting, also confirmed the extension in my account. Interesting that MVC has not communicated this to owners yet.

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ditto!! Same here :) Tahnks!

amyhwang

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Ko Olina
Just checked and ours were extended as well. Thanks for the heads up!

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Perhaps someone ran a script in production that they were supposed to run in a test environment. Perhaps this is still coming?

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I talked to a supervisor in Owner Services who says they're aware of "a glitch" that caused the error, and that they intend to deal with it on a case-by-case basis as people question them. I'm following up with Customer Advocacy who hopefully will be able to explain how it happened. (Don't blame me for the fix - I called after seeing today's correction! :LOL:)

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Well that was short lived.... But since i was planning to book a trip in early August as soon as i can to use up all my holding account points. I figure the sooner i use those up the better.. Over time there will be more and more people traveling and there is probably a glut of points waiting to be used..

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder how many folks booked 2022 reservations while that "Glitch" existed (prior to being caught and fixed) ??????

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I wonder how many folks booked 2022 reservations while that "Glitch" existed (prior to being caught and fixed) ??????

Couldn't have, because it is more than 120 days till January 1, 2022.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So I am not sure what the "case by case basis" is that they will use. Perhaps if you have a screen shot with the 2022 expiration.

No, she used it to mean that they'd go "case-by-case" to explain individually as they got calls about it that it was a glitch in the system, as opposed to me suggesting that they send out an email blast "reminding" owners of the 2021 expiration date. I started by saying that I wasn't looking to get the points in my account extended if it was an IT error, and, that I had a screenshot to prove the 2022 date, but she made it pretty clear anyway that they wouldn't be extending anybody.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
No, she used it to mean that they'd go "case-by-case" to explain individually as they got calls about it that it was a glitch in the system, as opposed to me suggesting that they send out an email blast "reminding" owners of the 2021 expiration date. I started by saying that I wasn't looking to get the points in my account extended if it was an IT error, and, that I had a screenshot to prove the 2022 date, but she made it pretty clear anyway that they wouldn't be extending anybody.
Okay, that makes more sense. It probably isn't a good idea to send out an email blast about the error because probably less than 5% of the people are even aware such an error happened.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got really excited when I read this post today and logged onto mvci only to see 2021 expiry- and then of course read the rest of the thread exposing the glitch.
Dare we hope that they will extend to 2022?
it might just be me and my preferences but I am seeing very little availability to use my points- and I’m not even 120 days from travel yet (fall). Seems like there are too many points to be used in the system for this year?

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
>>Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns surrounding the expiration of the 120-day hold points provided in 2020 for cancellations of vacation ownership point reservations due to COVID-19. Upon receipt of your communication, I confirmed there has been no recent change to the December 31, 2021 expiration date, my apologies for any confusion. You may rest assured we are looking further into this “glitch” to confirm what may have occurred.<<

Following up, that's the response from a Customer Advocacy manager (who gave me permission to post it here.)

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
it might just be me and my preferences but I am seeing very little availability to use my points- and I’m not even 120 days from travel yet (fall). Seems like there are too many points to be used in the system for this year?

I had just started looking the last week or so, and it would appear to me there is a lot of pent up demand, and, the kicking the can down the road is starting to affect availability. Either that or so many just want to get out, lol. But I agree totally, very little, it's even almost hard pushing out last years reservations (Marriott to Marriott exchanges), not many resorts available to push them to. At least near term usage.

Last edited:

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
I had just started looking the last week or so, and it would appear to me there is a lot of pent up demand, and, the kicking the can down the road is starting to affect availability. Either that or so many just want to get out, lol. But I agree totally, very little, it's even almost hard pushing out last years reservations (Marriott to Marriott exchanges), not many resorts available to push them to. At least near term usage.
I just booked BPT for January 2022,using DC points..I normally would not be looking to book that far in advance.

Last edited: