• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

$11.00 Marriott points

suenmike32

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MOW
Just sitting by the pool and a lady told me that during her presentation, the rep advised that Marriott DC points were $11.00 each.
The last I heard...they were $10.20.
Can anyone confirm or is this typical timeshare BS?
Thanks,
Mike

jlejfer

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you call the sales office you can get them for 9.20ish with lots of incentives. If you buy at a resort you are paying over $10.

suenmike32

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MOW
I just went onto Marriott's chat line and the won't say. They said that they would have a sales rep call me.
I advised..no thanks....
However...is it as high as $11.00??

If you call the sales office you can get them for 9.20ish with lots of incentives. If you buy at a resort you are paying over $10.

Last edited:

LAX Mom

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was recently told that the sales price is currently $10.22 with incentives. However for a few weeks they have rolled back the price to $ 9.20 with no incentives. In order to get bonus destination points or Marriott reward points with purchase you had to pay the higher price. This promo is scheduled to run for the spring break period.

suenmike32

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MOW
Wow,
152 people read this inquiry...(at this point), and only person offered an answer.
I'm just trying to find out if the points went from $10.20 to $11.00 in a New York minute.
I honestly don't think so....I think the rep is lying...
but I won't bother asking again.:annoyed:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Wow,
152 people read this inquiry...(at this point), and only person offered an answer.
I'm just trying to find out if the points went from $10.20 to $11.00 in a New York minute.
I honestly don't think so....I think the rep is lying...
but I won't bother asking again.:annoyed:

Not everyone has been to a presentation in the past two days. So we all can't jump in with an answer.

It is also possible the person at the pool was lying, or misheard, or rounded up.

Last edited:

davidn247

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was recently told that the sales price is currently $10.22 with incentives. However for a few weeks they have rolled back the price to $ 9.20 with no incentives. In order to get bonus destination points or Marriott reward points with purchase you had to pay the higher price. This promo is scheduled to run for the spring break period.

This is correct and exactly what I was told last Thursday.

equitax

TUG Member
Reaction score
Destination Points - Pricing Current of Week 7-14 MAR

I sat through teh pitch at Grande Vista -

Points are "now" 10.22@ however

When they send in the closer, the will offer the old price of 9.20 per point and offer the following extras:

On 2000 point purchase - They will give you extra 2700 points to use in the first year OR 125000 MR points - note this is a Marriott year so probably ends dec 31, I forgot the link to the video that was posted here earlier.

On 2500 points purchased - 3400 DP points extra for first year* or 160000 MR points

on 3500 points purchased - 4700 DP extra first year* or 225000 MRP

====================

You can also (easily) get the cost of your current stay (If booked Marriott.com for cash) credited off the purchase price if you buy the points - Note though that you would have needed to either have had a long stay or seriously overpaid for this to be worth while , but this definitedly will come into play.

I personally don't like the Destination program so was not planning to buy anyways, but I did have some fun with the sales rep and closer - they were at the point of 9.20 per point, credit my two weeks paid at Marriott.com (About 4500 in room charges - there are other reasons why this was paid for direct from Marriott.com rather that through rental from other owner) - so on 2000 points , this would have brought price down to 6.95/point. - I think they were clawing back the extra DP usage but I am pretty sure that I could have managed it.

suenmike32

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MOW
Not everyone has been to a presentation in the past two days. So we all can't jump in with an answer.

It is also possible the person at the pool was lying, or misheard, or rounded up.

Wasn't concerned about presentations in the last two days. All I was inquiring about was... if anyone heard if the points went up to $11.00 or not. (As the sales rep said)
Obviously...by these responses... they didn't.
The person at the pool was a personal friend and I know she was not lying.
It sounds to me that Marriott is not having the success that they are claiming, if they are offing points at what they were asking for them back when the DC club was introduced....back in June.
I actually love the Marriott product...however some of their sales reps lower the brand image lower than Charlie Sheen. Duh...Losing!!!

Ricci

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The last presentation I attended three weeks ago offered $9.20/pt with no incentives. This was at Grand Chateau.

mightywyrm

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
The last presentation I attended three weeks ago offered $9.20/pt with no incentives. This was at Grand Chateau.

This is amusing. We had an Encore presentation at Grand Chateau this past week, with an unimpressive salesman (who incidentally was PISSED at our [confidential?] comments from last time). Our Encore price was locked in last year, but I believe the current price was touted as $10.22/point with zero (0) incentives.

Take it or leave it.

We left it.