• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

10am checkout

Reaction score
One of the things I hate about HGVC is the 10am checkout and I usually call to ask for an extension and rarely get it. I was just in Maui and they gave me a 10:30am checkout so I took that and had all my bags packed but relaxed in my room until about 11:30am when I needed to leave for the airport. Luckily the housekeepers were slow that day and I had no issues leaving later.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I am usually always able to get a 11 pm late check at every resort except Ocean Oak. Ocean Oak gives no late checkouts to any members, so I no longer bother asking. What is also interesting is that Ocean Oak has a very hard time getting rooms ready for check-in by 4 pm. We had two rooms ready earlier this month when we arrived at 6 pm but the last room wasn't ready until 7 pm. This has happened to us a couple of times.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I would be pissed with a 7pm checkin and then a 10am checkout
They did get a comment on the survey. Ocean Oak is a great resort which we love. This is the only negative concerning the resort and we go there twice/year since they opened.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
Isn't there an owner's lounge or suite where you can reside after checking out of your room and before departing for the airport?

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I think 10am is kind of the standard checkout across the timeshare industry. The only exception I am aware of is Disney Vacation Club with an 11am checkout.

lds337

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, HGVC Ocean 22, HGVC Sunrise Lodge, The Crane HGVC Sheraton Desert Oasis, Westin Kierland, and Wyndham Glacier Canyon
One of the things I hate about HGVC is the 10am checkout and I usually call to ask for an extension and rarely get it. I was just in Maui and they gave me a 10:30am checkout so I took that and had all my bags packed but relaxed in my room until about 11:30am when I needed to leave for the airport. Luckily the housekeepers were slow that day and I had no issues leaving later.

10AM check out is needed to get rooms turned over for the next guest. Unlike hotels that probably have unsold rooms timeshares are usually booked for peak season for almost everyday.

I’ve learned to either book a day earlier or a day later to accommodate my schedule and not ask for something that likely will never happen which is an early checkin or late checkout.

I prefer to dictate my schedule vs. trying to figure out what to do with the gaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I think 10am is kind of the standard checkout across the timeshare industry.
Correct for HGVC along with 4 PM check-in.

It is also interesting to note that at Ocean Oak they will give you 5K Hilton Honors points (I think that it previously was 10K) if you check-out before 8 AM.

RENTER

Reaction score
Have you ever seen the condition of the rooms after the guests left? These are not hotel rooms with one or two beds and one bathroom that can be cleaned quickly especially with a kitchen. It is an entitled world where people demand a early check in and a late check out. I hope those people leave the housekeepers a big tip.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
10AM check out is needed to get rooms turned over for the next guest. Unlike hotels that probably have unsold rooms timeshares are usually booked for peak season for almost everyday.

I’ve learned to either book a day earlier or a day later to accommodate my schedule and not ask for something that likely will never happen which is an early checkin or late checkout.

I prefer to dictate my schedule vs. trying to figure out what to do with the gaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s what we’ve learned to do as well. Most of the time it’s an extra day so we can check out for a later flight.

Reaction score
I understand the concept and just think an 11am would be better, or some system that allows housekeeping to work on the rooms where people that check out earlier and allow some flexibility.

If I have a later flight like 10pm then I will book an extra night, but sometimes you book a 2pm or 3pm flight and I would rather be less stressed on the checkout.

Perhaps they just need to add a $50 fee for a noon and $100 fee for 2pm late checkout like some hotels offer.

That said, I have gotten 11am and 12pm checkout at KL as either I got lucky or they treat owners better :)

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Isn't there an owner's lounge or suite where you can reside after checking out of your room and before departing for the airport?

Saturday’s at OO, they have a reception where’s there is food and drink starting at 2:00. Any owner can go, but it’s meant for those checking in on Saturday’s. At least 2 years ago they had that option.

I have been told that 95% of the room turn over happens on Saturday.

cd5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc
I think 10am is kind of the standard checkout across the timeshare industry. The only exception I am aware of is Disney Vacation Club with an 11am checkout.
Embarc has 11am checkout for its members who have booked with their points (4pm check-in). Exchangers etc have a 10am checkout.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Normal check-in time is 4pm
and check - out time is 10 am at the majority of timeshare resorts.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Saturday’s at OO, they have a reception where’s there is food and drink starting at 2:00. Any owner can go, but it’s meant for those checking in on Saturday’s
Still available. It lasts until 6pm and the problem is we are still unloading into our room after a long drive.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
We had 10am check out at Orange Lake, housekeeping knocked on our door at 8:30 am. I don’t like being pushed out before scheduled time.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
We had 10am check out at Orange Lake, housekeeping knocked on our door at 8:30 am. I don’t like being pushed out before scheduled time.
We had the same thing, only every 20 minutes, at KBC one time. Finally told her we’d planned to be out by 9:30 to catch our flight, if only she stopped forcing me to answer the door yet again!

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I also don't like it when housekeeping is hovering outside our door just waiting for us to leave, looking at me each time I go in and out with a trip to our vehicle.

zentraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club
Have you ever seen the condition of the rooms after the guests left? These are not hotel rooms with one or two beds and one bathroom that can be cleaned quickly especially with a kitchen. It is an entitled world where people demand a early check in and a late check out. I hope those people leave the housekeepers a big tip.
And I am sure that some of the people who have been there for a week are leaving the place a mess.

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
In Hawaii our return flight home is usually around 11pm. Once we had kids we booked an extra day at the timeshare and would checkout around 8pm.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Still available. It lasts until 6pm and the problem is we are still unloading into our room after a long drive.

You don’t want to hear this story, but the last time we went to OO, we checked in about 1:00. We arrived on a Tuesday and asked if we could get in early if we arrived before 4:00. We called about 10:00 and they said we wouldn’t be able to but when we got there, they said it was ready. I think there were so few people checking in they were already finished with housekeeping.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Normal check-in time is 4pm
and check - out time is 10 am at the majority of timeshare resorts.
I just checked. For our Maui Hill condo check in is at 4 p.m., but check out is 11 a.m. And they are very happy to hold luggage (and deliver it to your unit) if you check in earlier than 4 p.m.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Checkout in Chicago is 11:00 AM and they will also hold your luggage for you as well.