• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

10 Elite nights for booking events/meetings has ended?

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott's Shadow Ridge Enclaves
Resort In Cocoa Beach, FL
I am 21 nights short of maintaining my platinum status for 2019. I was planning to book a few meetings at a Marriott hotel nearby to get the last nights added, as per the Flyer Talk website. I called the platinum line yesterday and the person was not familiar with the program. He then contacted the hotel to have them return the call. I just received this information from Courtyard:

"Marriott is no longer doing the elite rewards on meeting space.

If you book and stay in 10 rooms for one night you will receive - 10 elite night credit

20 or more room nights you will receive 1 addition elite night credit.

I received this information directly from the Marriott Rewards Desk."
I have a unit booked in Hilton Head for next month, and just went on II's website and added another unit at a different Marriott for the same time frame. I should get 14 nights for those two resorts. I don't know what else to do other than maybe signing up for a Marriott credit card, which I really don't want to do. I use my American Express for everything to get Delta Skymiles. Any advice that will work before December 31?

Thanks

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
You may not get 14 nights if the stays overlap even at 2 separate resorts. Sometimes they do give you credit but the rules, I believe, say you can not receive 2 nights credit for the same night so if they don't post you may not have any recourse. Signing up for a reward card won't help as I believe you do not get the nights credit until your 1 year anniversary.

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
You may not get 14 nights if the stays overlap even at 2 separate resorts. Sometimes they do give you credit but the rules, I believe, say you can not receive 2 nights credit for the same night so if they don't post you may not have any recourse. Signing up for a reward card won't help as I believe you do not get the nights credit until your 1 year anniversary.
Thanks so much for the information. I'll try to book a few more getaways with II. I just did the math to see if it would be easier/cheaper to do the 9 nights in 90 days. That would cost much more at this point, than booking a unit for 7 nights at around $400.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you have any ACs in your II account there are some Marriotts showing up there - cheaper than getaways.

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
If you have any ACs in your II account there are some Marriotts showing up there - cheaper than getaways.
Thanks, yes I had one, which I used today for a second unit in Hilton Head. Unless something has changed, I do recall getting 7 nights for two different resorts for the same time since there is more than one name on the account. I will certainly try.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Are you 21 nights short of LT status, or just Platinum for this year? Will the amount you spend trying to get those nights be cost effective against the value you would get out of Platinum status in 2019?

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, yes I had one, which I used today for a second unit in Hilton Head. Unless something has changed, I do recall getting 7 nights for two different resorts for the same time since there is more than one name on the account. I will certainly try.

Careful with that one - I have had my MR number and name associated with different reservations for the same time and only got 1 credit per night, not 2.

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Are you 21 nights short of LT status, or just Platinum for this year? Will the amount you spend trying to get those nights be cost effective against the value you would get out of Platinum status in 2019?

I'm only 21 nights short of platinum for 2019, not life time status. It would be my second year as platinum. I'm still working on getting a few getaway units with II, if I can fit them in before 12/31. I may need to rethink this to see if it will be cost effective.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Careful with that one - I have had my MR number and name associated with different reservations for the same time and only got 1 credit per night, not 2.

Same here. I've been lucky sometimes with getting the Elite Night credits for double-booked nights but also sometimes not lucky, and if not there's no way to legitimately claim them.

If I wanted the Nights badly enough I think at this point I'd book whatever's close to home and just go make the best of looking at four different walls. :)

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Update: I called Marriott Rewards again today for clarification on the Elite Nights credits for events. I was assured by the supervisor that the program is no longer in effect. I have enough bookings planned until the end of the year to be regular platinum for 2019 at 50 nights instead of platinum elite plus at 75. It's not cost effective for me to push the issue of 75 nights. I'm satisfied.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
The Rewarding Events information is still on the web site as of this morning, showing 10 Elite credits for your first event.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Folks, Someone from Marriott is monitoring this website.

Last edited:

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Here is the extract from the website
696x49xMarriott-Rewards-Terms-Conditions-Update-November-2018-Rewarding-Events-700x49.png.pagespeed.ic.5yZyOVm-Hz.png
I pushed this same information with two different supervisors. Thy both explained that you will only receive elite nights while booking an event/meeting along with hotel rooms. You need to book 10 rooms to qualify for the nights. At least I tried.