• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2021 ] 10,000 Preferred Access Points Villa Del Palmar Puerto Vallarta Mexico UVC

EJC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, Vacation Internationale, Villa del Palmar, Dikhololo
So what is the final word on Villa Group resales? Can they be used like RETAIL points or are they restricted as Easyrider was saying? Is it on a case by case basis?
Read the post by andrewjjtimeshare on Dec 28, 2021 in this thread—just scroll up till you find it. He lists the limitations when you buy resale VPA points—that is, IF the contract does transfer as points. I looked into that 10,000 point contract that is being discussed in this thread. It was like pulling teeth to get info from resortcom, but eventually they told me what Andrew has listed in the Dec 28, 2021 post.

Beach57

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Paradisus Palma Real and Club Solaris Los Cabos
I ended up going through with this purchase through Redweek. This membership transferred as a points contract, which is what I was hoping. The $4500 due at sale gave me 10,000 points, but the seller had to transfer the points to me after the contract transferred in my name through ResortCom— I had to go through Redweek agent and ask them to contact seller and have him transfer the 10,000 points to me (which he had already paid for in 2022). Redweek agents was helpful and it was done. Meanwhile, ResortCom (Tafer/villa property management) wanted me to pay ANOTHER $4,500 for MY maintenance fees of 2022, soo this was a surprise. Essentially I paid $4500 for the purchase which gave me 10,000 points and then another $4,500 which gave me ANOTHER 10,000 points! Lucky I have a huge family that likes to travel so they helped me with the 2nd maintenance fee!
The points and booking experience has been fantastic. The membership has been more than I could’ve dreamed of. I have able to book every single thing I wanted with no restrictions. My family did a huge family reunion in Cancun in June, and I already have Christmas week in Cabo booked!.. with more points to spare. This was a fantastic purchase I am so grateful I did it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had the same experience with my Garza Blanca resale (7500 yearly points). We banked and then vacation with a group in PV.

Bibs325

Reaction score
Yes please or anything smaller. I have a 1000 VPA points only and that just can't fit me, my wife and three kids. So I need something that can do a 1 bed or 2 bed for more than a week. Thanks!
Can’t you borrow points from the following year or from the back end? You just pay the extra maintenance fees so then you’ll have enough for your family

douglasmhines

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club De Soleil
Garza Blanca
Vidanta GB
Villa Resorts
Marriott Ko Olina
I had the same experience with my Garza Blanca resale (7500 yearly points). We banked and then vacation with a group in PV.
you bought resale a 7500 point contract. My understanding is that elite can't follow with the sale. That said, I wouldn't be shocked if the resort found a way to ask you for money that would allow you to convert the contract that is elite eligible. Is this true? if so, can you share the details?

I have two Villa contracts (yes I know different resort, but many of the administrative functions are similar), "25" and "26" contracts. I bought the "26" contract retail, and a person in membership services eluded to the fact that I can pay a fee and have it converted to something that would be elite eligible. I will follow up with them this summer when I am at the site, but I thought I would inquire to get additional background info before heading into membership services.

Thanks!

Beach57

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Paradisus Palma Real and Club Solaris Los Cabos
Hello,

They recently told me that the Elite benefits such as belonging to RCI Registry Collection don’t transfer to me. I have no idea how much they would ask from you, but probably it would be a lot. You’d have to price it out to see if it would be worth it. Good luck!

SML123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Meriweather Resort, Fort Lauderdale Beach, Florida
Garza Blanca, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Hello,

They recently told me that the Elite benefits such as belonging to RCI Registry Collection don’t transfer to me. I have no idea how much they would ask from you, but probably it would be a lot. You’d have to price it out to see if it would be worth it. Good luck!
They sit you down and attempt to extract $50,000 from you to upgrade to Elite so you too can have different color towels and a different 800 number. Elite is smoke and mirrors. You are better off adding to your existing contract via carefully chosen resales and keeping your money in your pocket to pass out 2000 peso bills as needed to get your own elite service. Truth bomb.

Gingerbyte

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Villa Group
I ended up going through with this purchase through Redweek. This membership transferred as a points contract, which is what I was hoping. The $4500 due at sale gave me 10,000 points, but the seller had to transfer the points to me after the contract transferred in my name through ResortCom— I had to go through Redweek agent and ask them to contact seller and have him transfer the 10,000 points to me (which he had already paid for in 2022). Redweek agents was helpful and it was done. Meanwhile, ResortCom (Tafer/villa property management) wanted me to pay ANOTHER $4,500 for MY maintenance fees of 2022, soo this was a surprise. Essentially I paid $4500 for the purchase which gave me 10,000 points and then another $4,500 which gave me ANOTHER 10,000 points! Lucky I have a huge family that likes to travel so they helped me with the 2nd maintenance fee!
The points and booking experience has been fantastic. The membership has been more than I could’ve dreamed of. I have able to book every single thing I wanted with no restrictions. My family did a huge family reunion in Cancun in June, and I already have Christmas week in Cabo booked!.. with more points to spare. This was a fantastic purchase I am so grateful I did it!

Did the expiration date of the contract change? I didn’t rescind in time (found this site 11 days/7 business after we signed), but something they said was anytime the name changes the 50 year clock resets. (I had been asking how it transfers to kids with the 50 yr etc)

Gingerbyte

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Villa Group
Read the post by andrewjjtimeshare on Dec 28, 2021 in this thread—just scroll up till you find it. He lists the limitations when you buy resale VPA points—that is, IF the contract does transfer as points. I looked into that 10,000 point contract that is being discussed in this thread. It was like pulling teeth to get info from resortcom, but eventually they told me what Andrew has listed in the Dec 28, 2021 post.
Does anyone know where in the contract this would be listed? I have mine and am trying to check.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Does anyone know where in the contract this would be listed? I have mine and am trying to check.

In the past member services, which is now Resortcom, sent a membership certificate along with the other membership information. The last membership we obtained using Resortcom did not have the certificate but did include all of the information regarding the membership.

When the membership transfers the RTU remains the same. The new owner can upgrade the membership through the resorts sales department which is something I avoid. Your kids would be able to acquire all of the rights to your membership but the RTU would stay the same afaik.

Bill

BuddyF

Reaction score
Just joined this group and am searching for Villa Preferred Access contracts I can take over or buy. Is this one still available?
I have Elite Resident Membership with over 20,000 points a year. Let me know if you are interested

69coug

Reaction score

I am also going through the process of a resale of 2900 VPA points, with the same limitations that the assignment contract listed at the beginning of the thread. One thing that is conflicting is the Preferred Time benefits described in the Rules shall be eliminated. I do not find any definition or other reference to Preferred Time in the Rules and Regulations. I am thinking they meant Preferred Points. Have you asked to see if you could purchase the offseason Preferred Points?