• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

$1 Peacock Suites purchase (2 EOY)

Reaction score
Ok. So my purchase has finally closed. My annual dues are 645/yr. The mortgage was completely paid by previous seller along with closing costs, the $100 transfer for both contracts (not each), and all escrow fees.

I have questions that I thought some of you might be able to answer. First, both timeshares are red week(1-52) floats, can I exchange them within the SVC system for other weeks at other resorts? Am I completely locked into just the Peacock Resorts?

The 645/yr fees don't really bother me. That's less than $100/day and they're a tax write off!

Bill4728

Reaction score
It depends on what you bought.

I own at Shell vacation's Mountainside lodge, but my ownership is outside shell vacations. So I can use only those weeks I purchased and can not use points to go to other shell resorts.

BUT if you got shell points with your purchase, you can use your shell points to make reservations at the other shell resorts.

Your california points allow you to make reservations at the other california resorts sooner than you can make reservations at resorts in other regions of the country.

Hope that helps

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Why are your fees a tax write off? You must own a business and deduct travel expenses?

California requires property taxes for all timeshares, paid separately. So does your week include those?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I will be surprised if you have any tax write off, besides your property tax. There is a tax advice article on the TUG Advice page, linked in the red bar at the top of the page.

Even if you don't have Shell Points, you can still exchange using an exchange company. The resort is affliated with RCI, or you can use one of the independent exchange companies.

Since this TS is near Disneyland, you should be able to rent it, as well.

Last edited:

teepeeca

TUG Member
Reaction score
rickandcindy23

"Most" of California timeshare property taxes are billed separately, BUT, not all. Quite a few timeshares in SoCal, especially Oceanside, do not have a separate line item for taxes, and your annual mx fee includes the property taxes. GPP and Carlsbad Seapointe are also timeshares in which the county does not bill you separately for taxes.

Tony