• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

♦♦ Marriott Desert Springs Villa - Palm Desert - Studio - Sleeps 4 3 Nights 7/30 $95

LAST MINUTE RENTAL POSTING LIMITS
You may offer or request weeks beginning no later than
September 3, 2024
Maximum asking price in public posts is $800/week or $115/day
Status
Not open for further replies.

nicfalc

TUG Member
Reaction score

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn

SteveD

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Walk, Wyndham Majestic Sun, Wyndham Smoky Mountains
Is this villas 1 or 2? Thanks

SteveD

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Walk, Wyndham Majestic Sun, Wyndham Smoky Mountains
I am interested, but need to know the following:

What property the nights are at? Villas 1 or 2?
Is the reservation placed under my name in a guest certificate similar to Wyndham?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Its $119 for Thursday and then $169 for Saturday and Sunday for $498 with tax for stay through Marriott.
If you plan on spending $50 a day at the resort there is a resort credit rate that essentially reduces those rates by $50, to $69 and and $119 respectively.

nicfalc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott Palm Desert

The $50 credit would bring down the rate on Thursday to 94 and $144 on Friday & Saturday, + Tax.

Resort Credit Package, includes 50 USD resort credit per night, see Rate Rule
Guest room, 2 Double, Balcony

The rate for this room changes on 07/31/15 to 194.00 (USD) per night
About this rate  Room details
USD /night

nicfalc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott Palm Desert

Steve - I sent you a PM. It's Villa II - in the PM is misquoted as I. And it gives you Access to amenities at the nearby Desert Springs JW Marriott® Resort & Spa

I am interested, but need to know the following:

What property the nights are at? Villas 1 or 2?
Is the reservation placed under my name in a guest certificate similar to Wyndham?

nicfalc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott Palm Desert

Guest also get Access to amenities at the nearby Desert Springs JW Marriott® Resort & Spa . :)

nicfalc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott Palm Desert

According to the website II gives you access as well subject to black out dates and availability. These dates are not blacked out nor sold out - so dates are available. And I have been there plenty of times, often with large groups - 6 - 8 people, and no one ever even asked where we were staying.

Both Villas I and II are located on the same property, adjacent to the JW.

Only Villa I gives you access to JW Marriott Spa access. Villa II does not.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
According to the website II gives you access as well subject to black out dates and availability. These dates are not blacked out nor sold out - so dates are available. And I have been there plenty of times, often with large groups - 6 - 8 people, and no one ever even asked where we were staying.

Do you own at Villas II? I assume you are renting an exchange? Villas II owners should be able to chime in that Villas II don't get Spa access. It is not part of their MF. Villa I owners pay for it through MF for the access Mon-Fri.

LAX Mom

TUG Member
Reaction score

I stayed at Villas I this past January. I was able to use the JW Spa for no charge Mon.-Fri. Each time I used the Spa they asked my name & room number and verified it on their computer. I asked how much it was for guests of Villas II to use the spa. I don't recall the exact amount, but I think it was $30 per day?

Guests at Villas II can use the restaurants at the JW. I think they are also able to use the hotel swimming pool, but I'm not sure on that.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Last time we stayed at DSVII (2013) it was $10 per person per day to use the spa. We spent this weekend at DSVI and even though it was summer the only way into the spa was to pay for spa services. I wasn't planning on going but I thought I would ask just out of curiosity. We were on an II ac.

nicfalc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.
LAST MINUTE RENTAL POSTING LIMITS
You may offer or request weeks beginning no later than
September 3, 2024
Maximum asking price in public posts is $800/week or $115/day