• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

“Disney Adults” Cause National Scandal With Recent Park Behavior

MdRef

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Las Vegas, Orlando
Following the 2019 “childless millennial” drama involving grown-ups who visit Disney Parks without children in tow, proverbial “Disney Adults” have become one of the internet’s favorite talking points.

Last fall, some Disney TikTok users — many of whom make their living creating Disney Parks-related content — went viral for goading Cast Members into answering questions that could get them in trouble with the powers-that-be at Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not a place I would visit without kids. But everyone is different.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not a place I would visit without kids. But everyone is different.

Angela and I visited the parks twice before we had kids. I would love to visit it again without the kids. I have always wanted to visit Epcot Center during the food festival. However, Disney has been getting a bit too much lately.

Reactions: jme

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Angela and I visited the parks twice before we had kids. I would love to visit it again without the kids. I have always wanted to visit Epcot Center during the food festival. However, Disney has been getting a bit too much lately.
Epcot is understandable. Geared more to adults. With enough to get keep kids entertained.

nomoretslt

Reaction score
I don’t know any “adults” that would waste so much time with TikTok, especially at Disney where it costs a fortune for admission,..I don’t even understand why it needs to exist (TikTok) but I’m an old f*rt. And right now you can’t get close to characters, but I’m sure these morons will find something else annoying to do. Really is harassment when you think about it.
We go to Disney multiple times a year.....just the two of us. We enjoy all of the parks. Magic Kingdom is my favorite. Epcot is great too, but not a lot to keep me entertained. I’m not into drinking around the world. I do enjoy the food kiosks during the festivals (4 now...Festival of the Arts, Flower & Garden, Food & Wine and the Christmas food booths).
If I were an instagram or TikTok person, the most entertaining things to share would be kid meltdowns, followed by adult meltdowns, followed by the ill behaved tour groups full of teenagers with a chaperone only a few years older than them.
@joestein ... I agree Disney has really been annoying their base with the money grabbing disguised as “because of COVID”. Having to now pay extra to get on their top tier rides... in addition to the high cost of admission...just not right.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I don’t know any “adults” that would waste so much time with TikTok, especially at Disney where it costs a fortune for admission,..I don’t even understand why it needs to exist (TikTok) but I’m an old f*rt. And right now you can’t get close to characters, but I’m sure these morons will find something else annoying to do. Really is harassment when you think about it.
We go to Disney multiple times a year.....just the two of us. We enjoy all of the parks. Magic Kingdom is my favorite. Epcot is great too, but not a lot to keep me entertained. I’m not into drinking around the world. I do enjoy the food kiosks during the festivals (4 now...Festival of the Arts, Flower & Garden, Food & Wine and the Christmas food booths).
If I were an instagram or TikTok person, the most entertaining things to share would be kid meltdowns, followed by adult meltdowns, followed by the ill behaved tour groups full of teenagers with a chaperone only a few years older than them.
@joestein ... I agree Disney has really been annoying their base with the money grabbing disguised as “because of COVID”. Having to now pay extra to get on their top tier rides... in addition to the high cost of admission...just not right.
I suspect some of these are young adults. 20-30 somethings. If you follow the Disney YouTube community at all, you start to notice that they are mostly young(ish) adults without children. Some in their 20s, some in their 30s, some in their 40s. I am sure there are older ones too. You also find some that are young families, but many of the large channels are either married childless couples or younger singles.

I don't watch TikTok so I don't know much about the issue at hand discussed in the article. Sadly I think much of the content out there on TikTok and even YouTube is there just to garner clicks and views. Of course clicks and views is what makes money and most everyone wants to go viral with their video. That is what has got us to the place that we are.

Last edited:

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
Epcot is understandable. Geared more to adults. With enough to get keep kids entertained.

I love the rides as well. My daughters and I LOVE roller coasters. Especially ones that have huge steep drops. I also love unusual ones like Superman the ride - where your seat rotates up 90 degrees so that you are facing and are parallel to the track. i.e. - flying like superman. I am big kid at heart.

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score

It is not just the money. I feel like I have to program my vacation in advance. I dont like it. It is bad enough I had to book dinner reservations 6 months out. But the ride stuff is complete BS.

I really love Universal. I can stay at the Hard Rock or Polynesian (or whatever they call it) for around the same cost as a moderate Disney hotel. I get a free cut the line pass and you go to the head of the line at restaurants as well. At least the last time I was there. Best of all - the vacation is walkable. I can have 3 or 4 drinks if I want and no worry about driving.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I love the rides as well. My daughters and I LOVE roller coasters. Especially ones that have huge steep drops. I also love unusual ones like Superman the ride - where your seat rotates up 90 degrees so that you are facing and are parallel to the track. i.e. - flying like superman. I am big kid at heart.

I like the rides as well but think I could find better for less at other parks. When we get back to Orlando it will be to try out universal now that our sons are 9. Still go back to Disney but I doubt it will be the same as when they were 3/4.

mentalbreak

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is not just the money. I feel like I have to program my vacation in advance. I dont like it. It is bad enough I had to book dinner reservations 6 months out. But the ride stuff is complete BS.

I really love Universal. I can stay at the Hard Rock or Polynesian (or whatever they call it) for around the same cost as a moderate Disney hotel. I get a free cut the line pass and you go to the head of the line at restaurants as well. At least the last time I was there. Best of all - the vacation is walkable. I can have 3 or 4 drinks if I want and no worry about driving.

If your dates ever line up, check out Orlando Informer meetups. They sell tickets for their private after-hours event, which includes unlimited food and beverages (alcohol for purchase). We went this December and had the best time. I’m not sure we will ever do Universal any other way.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Not sure why it is controversial for Disney to requires characters to remain in character? Seems like a common sense corporate policy. It helps make the characters seem more realistic if they stay in character. Disney just needs to provide better training to the employees so they will not be manipulated by Tik Tok creators.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score

This nails it to a "T". We go to Disney EOY bar 2020, and we do it for our now 13 year old. I have to plan every detail or we are wasting time and money. I much, much prefer the ability to make more general plans with the ability to wake up at 9 (instead of 5:30) and say, "Yeah, that drive we were going to take today? Yeah, let's just do a beach day instead". Or, you know, choose not to wake up at all, just sleep in until housekeeping starts banging on the door :ROFLMAO:

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
This nails it to a "T". We go to Disney EOY bar 2020, and we do it for our now 13 year old. I have to plan every detail or we are wasting time and money. I much, much prefer the ability to make more general plans with the ability to wake up at 9 (instead of 5:30) and say, "Yeah, that drive we were going to take today? Yeah, let's just do a beach day instead". Or, you know, choose not to wake up at all, just sleep in until housekeeping starts banging on the door :ROFLMAO:

Freedom of vacation is what makes Universal Orlando work for a vacation. I would consider doing the Universal Vacation and going to Disney with those late night parties where you have limited guest access - so shorter lines with no fast pass. Last time we went, we did a Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party one night (In August!!!). Not sure if Genie affects this.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
When we did our year of annual pass. I would book out a few nights of fast passes (3each) for the afternoon/night and we would decide to go or not during the day. No pressure.