• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

‘The Beatles’ released 52 years ago today

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
Better known as ‘The White Album’, the double LP was released on this date in 1968. It is widely recognized as one of the greatest albums of the rock era and is my personal favorite album of all time, although, initially, it took a few listens before I warmed up to it.

I was 14 years old when the album was released and lived in a small rural town in Alabama. The couple of stores in town did not have the album so my mother drove me to Selma, about 45 miles away, so I could buy it. The Beatles were my favorite band and I bought all their records and loved everything they did. However, the first time I listened to The White Album, I was extremely disappointed. I wondered what are they doing? But, I kept listening and it didn’t take long for it to grow on me. It became my favorite and I’ve owned several copies of the vinyl, CD, and digital versions in the 52 years since.

My personal favorite song from the album is ‘Revolution 1’. The song was written by John and this version is the way he intended for it to be played. As I remember it, Paul and producer George Martin insisted on releasing the faster version as a single. That was only one of many, many problems during the recording sessions. This is when John started bringing Yoko to the sessions and the lads really started going in different directions musically. It is a testament to how great they really were that they could produce one of, if not the best album of all time, while they were actually breaking up.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
The 7 classic vinyl albums that could be worth small fortune - so check your collection.

This is for the U.K., don't know if it applies to the U.S.

Richard

Brett

Reaction score
Better known as ‘The White Album’, the double LP was released on this date in 1968. It is widely recognized as one of the greatest albums of the rock era and is my personal favorite album of all time, although, initially, it took a few listens before I warmed up to it.

I was 14 years old when the album was released and lived in a small rural town in Alabama. The couple of stores in town did not have the album so my mother drove me to Selma, about 45 miles away, so I could buy it. The Beatles were my favorite band and I bought all their records and loved everything they did. However, the first time I listened to The White Album, I was extremely disappointed. I wondered what are they doing? But, I kept listening and it didn’t take long for it to grow on me. It became my favorite and I’ve owned several copies of the vinyl, CD, and digital versions in the 52 years since.

My personal favorite song from the album is ‘Revolution 1’. The song was written by John and this version is the way he intended for it to be played. As I remember it, Paul and producer George Martin insisted on releasing the faster version as a single. That was only one of many, many problems during the recording sessions. This is when John started bringing Yoko to the sessions and the lads really started going in different directions musically. It is a testament to how great they really were that they could produce one of, if not the best album of all time, while they were actually breaking up.

I like this version of revolution

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I bought the White Album when it first came out. It still had the raised letters on the cover, where later pressings were not imprinted. I was looking at the picture inserts, (later pressings didn't come with the pictures), and I discovered I had duplicates of a couple of the pictures. I thought I had a goldmine in my hands. The album was so ubiquitous, of course, it was meaningless. But to a high school kid in the middle of nowhere, I had something my friends didn't. That made it cool. I made sure to keep the record in pristine condition.

And then there was the house fire. So much for my goldmine... :oops:

Dave

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I bought the White Album when it first came out. It still had the raised letters on the cover, where later pressings were not imprinted. I was looking at the picture inserts, (later pressings didn't come with the pictures), and I discovered I had duplicates of a couple of the pictures. I thought I had a goldmine in my hands. The album was so ubiquitous, of course, it was meaningless. But to a high school kid in the middle of nowhere, I had something my friends didn't. That made it cool. I made sure to keep the record in pristine condition.

And then there was the house fire. So much for my goldmine... :oops:

Dave
My first copy also had the raised lettering. I always thought that was so cool.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I respect your opinion. I like the slower version but to each his own.

My recollection is the faster version of Revolution was the B-Side of the Hey Jude 45.

Dave

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
3 of the 7 are Beatles albums. I love it!

I can appreciate their rarity, but that list is about one-off recordings. You couldn't expect to find one of them in a used record store somewhere. To me, collectible records with high value are those out in circulation. I used to find all sort of cool stuff at garage sales and such in California in the 80s.

Dave

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
The "White Album" is actually titled "TWO VIRGINS". It featured nude photos of John and Yoko standing side-by-side. So, it was banned in the USA, and became the White Album. If you've got the original with the photos, you've got a collector's item. Google it, I'm sure I can't post it here.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
The "White Album" is actually titled "TWO VIRGINS". It featured nude photos of John and Yoko standing side-by-side. So, it was banned in the USA, and became the White Album. If you've got the original with the photos, you've got a collector's item. Google it, I'm sure I can't post it here.

Sorry, that is incorrect. "Two Virgins" with the nude cover was a John and Yoko album, entirely different from The Beatles' "White Album."

Look for it on Amazon. The track list is entirely different.

Dave

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
The album became "WHITE" because of the cover. The content changed after the cover was banned.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
The album became "WHITE" because of the cover. The content changed after the cover was banned.

Do you have any documentation on this? I've never heard this claim, and find nothing about it online. I do see where the nude cover of Two Virgins was displayed with a blank piece of paper covering most of the picture.

The two albums were released eleven days apart, (November 11 and 22, 1968) but by different labels. One is a single record, the other a double album. Seems unlikely one could so easily replace the other.

See item 17 on this page: https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/71221/17-colorful-facts-about-beatles-white-album

and this page: https://www.quora.com/Why-did-the-Beatles’-‘White-Album’-have-a-blank-cover

Dave

Last edited:

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
Big Beatles fan here, too!!. I agree with Dave and Rolltydr, concerning the double "White Album". I still have my original vinyl albums, including Sgt. Pepper's and the White from 1967 and 1968. They still include the poster in the Sgt. Pepper's album and the raised letters, poster with lyrics on the reverse, and four photos, in the double While album. Unfortunately, none of them have serial numbers or signatures!! :cry:

All my covers and printed material say "printed" or "litho" "in Canada". Probably due to tariff issues in those days. The records themselves simply say "recorded in England", so not sure if they were pressed in the UK or Canada. I suspect the latter is the situation. Air freight was limited and expensive then and shipping by sea would be very slow.