• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Nevada Timeshare Cancellation - Please Help!

CCricket

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
El Dorado Resorts Corp (RCI)
Hello, we were in town for a conference and got pressured into a timeshare. To get straight to the point, we absolutely need to cancel it. I know that Nevada gives 5 days to cancel it, and we signed for it yesterday, Dec 4th. The cancellation notice states the exact following:

The notice of cancelation may be delivered personally to the developer, sent by certified mail, return receipt requested, or sent by express, priority, or recognized overnight delivery service, with proof of service, to the business address of the developer.

They then provide the address, which is where we went to yesterday. My question is, I want to cover my a** as much as possible and wanted to send both certified and priority tomorrow (we weren't able to today), along with mayhe going in person. Most posts I've read have stated I need to follow the instructions to a T. Is sending more than one a bad idea? Should I get them notarized? Should I triple make sure and send, followed by going in person?

Please help, and thank you so much for all of your help!

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Don't go see them in person. They'll only try to pressure you into keeping what they sold you. Just write a simple letter, dated today, stating you are cancelling contract number XXXX, signed on {DATE} by all parties {signed by everyone who signed the contract.} Then mail it via Certified mail, Return Receipt Requested, to the cancellation address specified in the documentation. That's all you need to do. No need to talk to anyone or send multiple letters. Just be sure to save the Certified receipt on when it was mailed, and also save the returned receipt when it arrives. If they gave you anything like a tablet or other printed materials, state in the letter that it will be returned under separate cover. Then mail it after you get the Certified receipt back.

The postmarked date your letter is sent Certified is the absolute key. It doesn't matter when they receive it. You just need to be able to prove the cancellation letter was mailed within the rescission timeframe. They may call and try to talk to you, to get your "feedback on why you cancelled" but that's just smoke and mirrors BS. Don't take their calls. They are required by law to process the cancellation, return any deposits you paid, and that will be that.

Congratulations on dodging a bullet. How much did you save yourself? There is someone here who tracks how much has been saved via cancelling these contracts.

Dave

Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Send one letter. Send it Certified as specified. The date that matters is the postmrk date, so when it's delivered is of no consequence. Keep the postal receipt. You might include a copy of the contract's signature page for ID purposes. You'll be fine.

Glad you found TUG and saved yourself thou$and$!

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Here's a sample rescission letter template:

[Today's Date]

To: {Timeshare Company Name]
Attention: Rescission Department (Or whatever other Department they specifiy)

Regarding my contract #00000000 for the purchase of a [Timeshare Purchased] Ownership. I am exercising my legal right to cancel this contract. Do not make any additional charges to my credit card. Please confirm my legal rescission in writing.

Sincerely,
Printed name and signature (all parties that signed the original contract)

It's just that easy.

Dave

Last edited:

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Send one letter. Send it Certified as specified. The date that matters is the postmrk date, so when it's delivered is of no consequence. Keep the postal receipt. You might include a copy of the contract's signature page for ID purposes. You'll be fine.

One letter is enough if it covers all of the items @DaveNV states above. But if you send more than one, that's okay, too.

CCricket

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Don't go see them in person. They'll only try to pressure you into keeping what they sold you. Just write a simple letter, dated today, stating you are cancelling contract number XXXX, signed on {DATE} by all parties {signed by everyone who signed the contract.} Then mail it via Certified mail, Return Receipt Requested, to the cancellation address specified in the documentation. That's all you need to do. No need to talk to anyone or send multiple letters. Just be sure to save the Certified receipt on when it was mailed, and also save the returned receipt when it arrives. If they gave you anything like a tablet or other printed materials, state in the letter that it will be returned under separate cover. Then mail it after you get the Certified receipt back.

The postmarked date your letter is sent Certified is the absolute key. It doesn't matter when they receive it. You just need to be able to prove the cancellation letter was mailed within the rescission timeframe. They may call and try to talk to you, to get your "feedback on why you cancelled" but that's just smoke and mirrors BS. Don't take their calls. They are required by law to process the cancellation, return any deposits you paid, and that will be that.

Congratulations on dodging a bullet. How much did you save yourself? There is someone here who tracks how much has been saved via cancelling these contracts.

Dave
I have my certified mail receipts (I sent to the address they listed plus another two hidden in the contract) on the 6th, only two days (one calendar day) after! Will I have an issue if they don't pick up or sign for it? Or am I covered under Nevada law just by sending? Thank you for your help!

I'm saving $25,000!

CCricket

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Thank you for all of your help! I sent certified and have the receipts, along with a letter and of course, the cancellation notice. Will I be fine even if they don't sign for a receipt?

Thank you again!

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for all of your help! I sent certified and have the receipts, along with a letter and of course, the cancellation notice. Will I be fine even if they don't sign for a receipt?

Thank you again!
You're fine as long as you have the proof that you sent it.

CCricket

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You're fine as long as you have the proof that you sent it.
Thank you, sponger. My main thing is that there are 3 addresses in the contract. Where we signed the contract and what was on their notice of cancellation form they provided, already printed (2150 West Jo Rae Avenue, Las Vegas, NV, 89183), and two other places mentioned in the contract (HQ? : Eldorado Resorts Corp, 2626 E Oakland Park Blvd, 2nd Floor, Ft. Lauderdale, FL, 33306) and (Equity Land Title, LLC, 3993 Howard Hughes Parkway Suite 400, Las Vegas, NV. 89169). I sent one certified, return receipt with the cancellation notice signed by me and my wife, plus the letter above that was recommended, also signed by both of us, to all three of these addresses.

Here's a nitpick: the Florida address has the 2nd floor in the contract, but not on maps or Google. Should I play it even more safe and send another without the 2nd floor portion? Also, if I signed on the 4th, would the 5th calendar day be the 9th or 10th? know I sound paranoid, but I've been sick to my stomach for the last 3 days about this. I'm genuinely so grateful for all of you, you have all been so helpful.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Thank you, sponger. My main thing is that there are 3 addresses in the contract. Where we signed the contract and what was on their notice of cancellation form they provided, already printed (2150 West Jo Rae Avenue, Las Vegas, NV, 89183), and two other places mentioned in the contract (HQ? : Eldorado Resorts Corp, 2626 E Oakland Park Blvd, 2nd Floor, Ft. Lauderdale, FL, 33306) and (Equity Land Title, LLC, 3993 Howard Hughes Parkway Suite 400, Las Vegas, NV. 89169). I sent one certified, return receipt with the cancellation notice signed by me and my wife, plus the letter above that was recommended, also signed by both of us, to all three of these addresses.

Here's a nitpick: the Florida address has the 2nd floor in the contract, but not on maps or Google. Should I play it even more safe and send another without the 2nd floor portion? Also, if I signed on the 4th, would the 5th calendar day be the 9th or 10th? know I sound paranoid, but I've been sick to my stomach for the last 3 days about this. I'm genuinely so grateful for all of you, you have all been so helpful.

The instructions listed in that Notice of Cancellation section of the paperwork is what matters. Did you follow the instructions TO THE LETTER as laid out in that section of the contract? If so, you're good to go. Your Certified receipt showing the postmark date of when the letter was mailed is all that matters. Everything else, including when they receive it, or sending letters to those other addresses, is unnecessary. What matters is what is in those Cancellation instructions. Anything else is overkill.

Timeshare sales companies know people get cold feet (or in this case, they realize it wasn't what the buyer wants), and they are required by law to provide cancellation instructions. They are also required by law to follow those same instructions. Read that Cancellation section again, very carefully, and make sure you did exactly as they instructed. If you've done that, no worries. if you didn't, correct your error while you still have time. But chances are good that you've done as instructed, and it's a done deal. You can relax.

The rest is to breathe, have a seat, and spend time reading Tug, so you can learn how to purchase a timeshare for pennies in the dollar. They get the same benefits as a developer purchase, for a mere fraction of the cost. You can vacation an awful lot for $25,000.

Congratulations!

Dave