• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hilton Grand Vacation purchase of Diamond international is final

Clifbell

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, Hilton, Westin, Marriott
Wondered if anyone is as hopeful as me about getting more ways to use my HGV points?

Special thanks to the TUG universe as I just bought used 7000 HGVC points in anticipation of the additional resorts from Diamond International...

I don't have any facts, but hoping additional resorts arrive around January 2022 that can directly book with HGV points.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Take a look at other major timeshare mergers -- it can be years before the systems are merged. I think the probability of seeing additional resorts due to this merger by January would be extremely small, but I won't complain if I'm wrong!

Kurt

Clifbell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Take a look at other major timeshare mergers -- it can be years before the systems are merged. I think the probability of seeing additional resorts due to this merger by January would be an extremely small number, but I won't complain if I'm wrong!

Kurt
No complaints from me either.... Hoping they are faster than Marriott :-(. Marriott set the bar very low.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
HGV management did make it sound like their integration plans were mostly complete. Personally i think January 22 might be a bit optimistic, but perhaps some integration happens in 2022

Clifbell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV management did make it sound like their integration plans were mostly complete. Personally i think January 22 might be a bit optimistic, but perhaps some integration happens in 2022
I'm hoping for at least an announcement by January... You are probably correct that it will take longer, but the letter I got sounded like they had the intention of making some available over the next couple of years... Hoping the one on Kauai is added to other Hawaii properties.

Cliff

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
I think in the short run (for a couple of years) it will be kind of like Club Pass with Wyndham and Worldmark. The priority will go to owners in each organization until about 8 or 9 months prior to check-in. Then it will open up to Members to Book in the other System as an in-house exchange. They will have to establish rough Point Values and fees for the Exchange. Even this might take a year or 2 to set up. The interesting question is will they limit it to Members that bought Developer Points/Credits as it is with Club Pass.

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

They probably have a very compentent IT team, unlike Marriott ......

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
@geist1223 Interesting thoughts. How does Club Pass handle owners who own a mix of developer and resale?

Clifbell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think in the short run (for a couple of years) it will be kind of like Club Pass with Wyndham and Worldmark. The priority will go to owners in each organization until about 8 or 9 months prior to check-in. Then it will open up to Members to Book in the other System as an in-house exchange. They will have to establish rough Point Values and fees for the Exchange. Even this might take a year or 2 to set up. The interesting question is will they limit it to Members that bought Developer Points/Credits as it is with Club Pass.
Luckily I have both developer points and aftermarket.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
@geist1223 Interesting thoughts. How does Club Pass handle owners who own a mix of developer and resale?

That is a superbly interesting question, considering that you pay $0.02 per thousands on the Plus Partners program that gets you Club Pass, and you currently pay that on the combination of resale and store bought points. I have to imagine they would rather give up this small loophole than figure out how to charge a differential Club Fee rate.

Clifbell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That is a superbly interesting question, considering that you pay $0.02 per thousands on the Plus Partners program that gets you Club Pass, and you currently pay that on the combination of resale and store bought points. I have to imagine they would rather give up this small loophole than figure out how to charge a differential Club Fee rate.
I would think HGVC would rather give the rooms to HGVC owners even if resale as compared to others. My resale points were passed from HGVC because they wanted maintenance payments more than the upfront payment.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would think HGVC would rather give the rooms to HGVC owners even if resale as compared to others. My resale points were passed from HGVC because they wanted maintenance payments more than the upfront payment.

You will have to start looking at DRI owners as Hilton owners who are just in a different club.

HGVC want rooms to go to whoever maximizes their monetization.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
FWIW...They said "integration plans" by 2022. I don't recall them saying "integration implementation."

However when I called today re: a reservation, the HGVC switchboard sets the branches to dial one for "Diamond Owners" and dial two for "HGV Club Owners" Not bad for second day on the job. It took 1.5 years since the merger for the Vistana/Westin switchboard reset to reflect Marriott brand. Still separate phone numbers.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
FWIW...They said "integration plans" by 2022. I don't recall them saying "integration implementation."

However when I called today re: a reservation, the HGVC switchboard sets the branches to dial one for "Diamond Owners" and dial two for "HGV Club Owners" Not bad for second day on the job. It took 1.5 years since the merger for the Vistana/Westin switchboard reset to reflect Marriott brand. Still separate phone numbers.

They said integrating the companies, to boot. I did not feel like he was suggesting club integration at all, but rather the RIF that comes with an acquisition.

BingoBangoBongo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Elara, Kings Land, Valdoro Mountain, the District

Considering HGVC Club season starts at 276 days from checkout I don’t see how they could offer DRI owners equal access at 9 months unless there is some process for HGVC owners to deposit Home Weeks or exchange points and that inventory is open to DRI owners.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Considering HGVC Club season starts at 276 days from checkout I don’t see how they could offer DRI owners equal access at 9 months unless there is some process for HGVC owners to deposit Home Weeks or exchange points and that inventory is open to DRI owners.

I would be upset if they offered same 9 month club to all DRI because it would place too much demand on HGV properties. Trading up many Honda Civics for Lexus. Only equivalent quality properties would work e.g. those named in a prior thread e.g. Embarc, Point at Poipu, Sedona, Cabo Azul weeks.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
They said integrating the companies, to boot. I did not feel like he was suggesting club integration at all, but rather the RIF that comes with an acquisition.
Exactly. Integrating back office functions. IT (uhoh), accounting, HR. All that stuff where they can lay off a bunch of staff to save money to claim they are paying for the purchase.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You are being sarcastic, right?

Compared to MVC's website snaffu's and constant issues, I wasn't being sarcastic. I have owned both for the same amount of years and only MVC's website has given me constant issues and their website has gotten progressively worse.

ccwu

TUG Member
Reaction score

I think for Hilton is easy. Retail and resale are the same. Resale points can not be count toward elite level. The method to treat the points are owners level (elite or not elite). I have mixed of retail and resale. The points are combined in my elite premier account when I use them, they are equal. Points are used and treated at owners level. My resale points reservations got elite free upgrade as often as retail points.

But for DRI, it is more complicated. if you have resale and retail, they are in two separate account. Very flexible for retail points, very strict on resale points. You would have two membership number and pay two separate fees. Talking about that, it depends on collection too. Each collection has separate membership fees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ccwu

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would be upset if they offered same 9 month club to all DRI because it would place too much demand on HGV properties. Trading up many Honda Civics for Lexus. Only equivalent quality properties would work e.g. those named in a prior thread e.g. Embarc, Point at Poipu, Sedona, Cabo Azul weeks.

I don’t think Diamond would have inventory
Until hgv deeded owner put their point to exchange for Diamond points. (Same as hgv owner exchange for HHonor points, so Hilton customer can used HHoner points to book hgv resorts). Diamond member has 12 month to book home resorts. All US collections are home resorts for US collection member. Being platinum elite, has 14 months in advance to book home resorts. HGV did not give elite benefit of early booking over home resorts. Only 12 months home resort, and 9 months club reservation Vs Diamonds 10 month club reservation. So by the time HGV can book earliest would be 10 months. For Diamond developer owner may participate in exchange to request booking HGV maybe 9 months as hgv club member. DRI resale member could not even participate in the Interval exchange, I doubt they can exchange to HGV exchange. DRI may have sale program to get resale buy into program. That is my guess. HGV May sell to deeded owner to convert to HGV point. It would be easier since HGV is all based on deeded program per season, and room size to value to points.

In my opinion the merger is a great opportunity for sales pitch for both HGV and Diamond.

Clifbell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
In my opinion the merger is a great opportunity for sales pitch for both HGV and Diamond.

Certainly would make for a faster integration if there was a sales angle to the merger :cool:

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500

Did not know that. In DRI in your Home Collection it is 13 from check-in date. In your non-Home Collections I believe it is 10 months from check-in. Then if you are DRI Platinum you get an additional month. So maybe 7 or 8 month.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500

You can only use Developer Credits/Points for Club Pass and certain other Booking as into the South Pacific Club. It my Worldmark Account there are two columns for the Credits: WM which are resell and WTS which are Developer Credits. When I make a Booking if it is one that WM Credits are eligible it draws the WM Credits first. Basically WM Resell Credits can only be used in the 90+ Worldmark Resorts. It is also possible to have WM+A Credits from 15 years ago. Any Credits owned prior to November **, 2006 are WM+A. If WM+A or WTS are sold they become WM Credits for the Buyer.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
I think for Hilton is easy. Retail and resale are the same. The method to treat the points are owners level (elite or not elite). I have mixed of retail and resale. The points are combined in my elite premier account when I use them, they are equal. Points are used and treated at owners level. My resale points reservations got elite free upgrade as often as retail points.

But for DRI, it is more complicated. if you have resale and retail, they are in two separate account. Very flexible for retail points, very strict on resale points. You would have two membership number and pay two separate fees. Talking about that, it depends on collection too. Each collection has separate membership fees.

For a short period of time we owned both Developer and resell DRI Points. It was one Account with separate underlying Contracts. The Points were separated but in one Account. You could not combine the Points for a Booking. So once for KBC we had a 4 day Booking from the resell Points and a consecutive 3 day Booking from our Regular Points. Our MF's were based up in the total number of Points.