• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Aspen question

dms1709

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Coconut Point (5), Marriott Legends Edge
I know the resort has a shuttle from the airport, but do they have a shuttle to the area restaurants? I am heading there in January. Any recommendations as to what area/room to request?

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I know the resort has a shuttle from the airport, but do they have a shuttle to the area restaurants? I am heading there in January. Any recommendations as to what area/room to request?
The Grand Aspen has an AMAZING location in town. You can easily walk around town from the Hyatt Grand Aspen. If you have mobility issues it is across the street from public transportation where there are buses that basically do a loop around town.

I've never been there during Winter, but I understand that the shuttle will take you to the ski resorts that aren't walkable (Buttermilk, Snowmass, Aspen Highlands).

For the last few years, the City of Aspen has provided the free Downtowner service which is basically like Uber but with a golf cart. They'll pick you up basically anywhere around town and drop you off. It is a free service, but do make sure to tip your driver.

dms1709

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score

I‘ll echo what Travelhacker said above. The location in town makes most of Aspen walkable, even in winter. The town tries to keep the sidewalks clear during the winter months, but there are always spots that are slippery here and there. The main lift for the in town slope is a block away (suggest you are decent at the blue runs if you are going to ski in town). The property does have a suburban and a golf cart to help folks get around town and the airport. The bus station (literally across the street) will give you a free ride in town and all the way over to Snowmass (particularly nice when there is bad traffic during the busy periods).

I was going to suggest eating at the Red Onion, but it may have closed. The BBQ place (Hickory House Ribs) on the way into town is good. Brunelleschi Pizza is good. CP burger is ok, but close... and a fun place to sit while playing mini golf (summer) or ice skating (winter). Paradise Bakery and Butcher’s Block are ”do not miss” kind of good.

Regarding rooms, the property has a pecking order that I have not seen at any other HRC property. Basically, first is owned unit/weeks (like all HRC properties), then Aspen owners using points have first dibs. Then other Hyatt owners, guests of Hyatt owners, and finally Interval reservations. While I have gotten general area room requests, I have never (in a dozen visits) gotten the exact room I have requested. Lucky number 13 in a few months. Anyway, in general, arriving on a Saturday, first and third floors. Arriving on a Sunday, second and fourth floors. In the front of the property, great view of town and mountain, but noise from the bus station is a problem. Other parts face the pool or fire pit. Would strongly avoid first floor in the back as it faces a brick retaining wall... though it is very quiet, so you might like that.

Feel free to ask questions. I love this property.

dms1709

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I appreciate the above info, Thank You.

PerryKing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYATT: Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Bonita Springs, and 2X Dorado Puerto Rico.
-##-
MEXICO: Crown Paradise, Royal Holiday Club, Vidanta Mayan Palace, and Vidanta "Kingdom of the Sun-Nuevo Vallarta at Vidanta World.
And the main but small supermarket- CITY MARKET (KROGER) is just 2 or 3 blocks away also. And you pass right in front of the Gondola to Aspen Mountain as you walk over to City Market. Going just about anywhere from the Hyatt to anywhere in "The town" you can just leave your car in the Hyatt Grand Aspen garage.

dms1709

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I wan't planning on renting a car. I had to give up the ski's but really enjoy a winter trip and lucky enough to get a exchange with my Hyatt CUP points. We arrive on a Tuesday, depart on Saturday, so hoping for a good room with a nice view. Thanks