• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Brawl at mia

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Because of masks..... walking down the street today there was a group of people verbally and physically assaulting anyone with a mask on their chin. This is where we are. It’s time to lose the masks and move on with life.

END THE MASKS!

This has an air of "blame the victim" that's unnecessarily confrontational.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Because of masks..... walking down the street today there was a group of people verbally and physically assaulting anyone with a mask on their chin. This is where we are. It’s time to lose the masks and move on with life.

END THE MASKS!

It's time to say no one has the right to "verbally and physically assault" anyone no matter what they are wearing, be it a mask or a MAGA hat. Woman in our area reported having another driver get her attention and when she looked his way he snapped her picture and berated her for wearing a mask when she was alone in her car. She works in a medical office, drove a few blocks on her break to get gas, then went back to work. Didn't see any reason to fuss with her mask when she was getting in and out of her car quickly, and certainly no reason to be ridiculed and have her photo taken because she had a mask on in her car.

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's time to say no one has the right to "verbally and physically assault" anyone no matter what they are wearing, be it a mask or a MAGA hat. Woman in our area reported having another driver get her attention and when she looked his way he snapped her picture and berated her for wearing a mask when she was alone in her car. She works in a medical office, drove a few blocks on her break to get gas, then went back to work. Didn't see any reason to fuss with her mask when she was getting in and out of her car quickly, and certainly no reason to be ridiculed and have her photo taken because she had a mask on in her car.

Agree. People need to MYOB.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
This has an air of "blame the victim" that's unnecessarily confrontational.
Not sure how what I wrote can be considered confrontational.

I’m just stating what happened to me in nyc yesterday. When I got off the bus a woman told me not to go the way I was going because people were harassing people without masks. When I looked up there was a group of “youngish” people harassing both verbally and physically people wearing masks around their chin or not wearing masks at all. I saw one woman pushed for having a mask on her chin.

It’s time to end the masks because people are losing their minds over masks as you can clearly see in the video of a brawl at MIA over people not wearing masks.

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score

I’m just stating what happened to me in nyc yesterday. When I got off the bus a woman told me not to go the way I was going because people were harassing people without masks. When I looked up there was a group of “youngish” people harassing both verbally and physically people wearing masks around their chin or not wearing masks at all. I saw one woman pushed for having a mask on her chin.

It’s time to end the masks because people are losing their minds over masks as you can clearly see in the video of a brawl at MIA over people not wearing masks.
And were all these people outside (in your incident when you got off the bus)?

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
And were all these people outside (in your incident when you got off the bus)?
Yes standing on the corner in a group, around 5-6 people.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
What does this have to do with the Governor of Florida?. Wearing masks in airports is required by an executive order of the President.
MIA is patrolled by the Miami-Dade Police Airport District Station

I would like to know whether anyone was arrested in either of these fights and if so whether the charges were dropped. Also whether you can placed on the no fly list for fighting in the airport and if so whether that happened.
t

or just wear them.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
t

or just wear them.
Or don’t. It’s simple. Wear them forever or start easing them now (should have been done months ago) as the good doctor said: “There’s no reason to be walking around with a mask. When you’re in the middle of an outbreak, wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better and it might even block a droplet, but it’s not providing the perfect protection that people think that it is. And, often, there are unintended consequences — people keep fiddling with the mask and they keep touching their face.”

bluehende

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
but it’s not providing the perfect protection that people think that it is.
Reference please to anybody ever saying this. I have never heard that here or anywhere once. I have posted links that have hundreds of studies. Not one has claimed that.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Reference please to anybody ever saying this. I have never heard that here or anywhere once. I have posted links that have hundreds of studies. Not one has claimed that.

as I said, it’s what the good doctor said.

FBB61DA2-52E3-46B7-8C51-1FBB697D6734.jpeg

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I expect to continue to wear a mask for the rest of the year and through next winter when in crowded or semi crowded spaces, and possibly at home when playing cards with friends in the winter. If they keep me from catching a cold or the flu, that's great and I'm ready to give it a try. Figure if anyone ever questioned me about wearing a mask past mandatory mask wearing time I'd tell them I'm immuno-compromised because I'm having chemotherapy treatments for pancreatic cancer. That should shut them up!

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
I expect to continue to wear a mask for the rest of the year and through next winter when in crowded or semi crowded spaces, and possibly at home when playing cards with friends in the winter. If they keep me from catching a cold or the flu, that's great and I'm ready to give it a try. Figure if anyone ever questioned me about wearing a mask past mandatory mask wearing time I'd tell them I'm immuno-compromised because I'm having chemotherapy treatments for pancreatic cancer. That should shut them up!
People are intrusive. Don’t even answer. I’m floored by the nosiness of people questioning me on my vaccine status. Absolutely bizarre.

Last edited:

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score

as I said, it’s what the good doctor said.

View attachment 35370
You do realize that was 15 months ago. More information came out and he adjusted....imagine that.

Since you follow Dr Fauci's words so much here he is a couple months later.

And again where has anyone said masks are perfect protection? Nice of you to ignore that.

I also will point out it took 10 posts for a known anti masker to start this thread that has nothing to do with masks down this path.

Last edited:

Brett

Reaction score
You do realize that was 15 months ago. More information came out and he adjusted....imagine that.

And again where has anyone said masks are perfect protection? Nice of you to ignore that.

I also will point out it took 10 posts for a known anti masker to start this thread that has nothing to do with masks down this path.

yes, nothing to do with masks

about 'self entitled' 'urban' "low hanging pants" 'dreadlocks' ... NBA players

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
yes, nothing to do with masks

about 'self entitled' 'urban' "low hanging pants" 'dreadlocks' ... NBA players

If the pants fit......

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV

So his initial advice must have led to countless deaths. Imagine that. By all means, put the mask on and stay home please. Don’t leave your house, it’s not safe outside. Maybe by the 4th of July you can have a cookout. After all covid ends at 11:59pm on 7/3/2021.

also, the fight was reportedly started over masks and that’s where this post started so please go blame something else.

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
“A known anti-masker” .

HAHAHAHA

Brett

Reaction score
So his initial advice must have led to countless deaths. Imagine that. By all means, put the mask on and stay home please. Don’t leave your house, it’s not safe outside.

also, the fight was reportedly started over masks and that’s where this post started so please go blame something else.

not sure that's true

FIGHT BREAKS OUT OVER LACK OF SEATS ON AMERICAN FLIGHT

but they had dreadlocks and low hanging pants .. and no masks

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
not sure that's true

FIGHT BREAKS OUT OVER LACK OF SEATS ON AMERICAN FLIGHT
Don't you know what i think I know trumps actual facts. As long as it fits my views.