• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Resale prices - Vacation Village

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I’ve noticed some of the RCI points units in Vacation Village have been increasing. I saw a 122K Grandview unit on eBay sell for nearly $2,000 today! Has anyone seen any regal vistas or woodstone at massanutten red weeks on the market lately?

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
I have not seen any of those and routinely look. There has always been a larger market for Grandview. I believe the new VV RCI points unicorns will be The Colonies when they start showing up as resales.

Completed eBay auctions for Grandview:

A8FD169E-563B-426E-96F4-07AA55741CA6.jpeg

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I have not seen any of those and routinely look. There has always been a larger market for Grandview. I believe the new VV RCI points unicorns will be The Colonies when they start showing up as resales.

View attachment 34577
Interesting. I didn’t know the colonies were sold as points. We’re existing owners targeted to convert to points? That’s a nice ownership if you can have it in RCI points and Interval.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV

View attachment 34577
6F9AE2BE-D98E-4080-B14E-6F6AF2CFFF8D.jpeg

doesn’t seem as good as a Regal Vista. What is the MF for a 1 and 2 bedroom?

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
I do not own there yet but I hear it is $890 for a 4BR that locks off into two 2BRs.

doesn’t seem as good as a Regal Vista. What is the MF for a 1 and 2 bedroom?

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Interesting. I didn’t know the colonies were sold as points. We’re existing owners targeted to convert to points? That’s a nice ownership if you can have it in RCI points and Interval.

I simply know they are selling it in RCI Points now. I assume changing to points is something they would do for a fee and making a new purchase. Once it is enrolled in RCI Points it can no longer be traded in II (for as long as it is enrolled).

I would not mind owning it for points, but I have mostly been looking at it to get an II trader.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I simply know they are selling it in RCI Points now. I assume changing to points is something they would do for a fee and making a new purchase. Once it is enrolled in RCI Points it can no longer be traded in II (for as long as it is enrolled).

I would not mind owning it for points, but I have mostly been looking at it to get an II trader.
Interesting. I would want it as a trader as well being that it is so low in the MF! I hear it pulls nice inventory. It may be on par with SDO which is another great trader but has a higher Maint fee.
@TamaraQT is still waiting for her colonies resale to transfer I believe. BTW, Any word on that Tamara?

rboesl

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Village Beach & Golf Resort
Vidanta Grand Mayan
Villa del Arco Cobo
Grandview Las Vegas
Vacation Village at Bonaventure
I do not own there yet but I hear it is $890 for a 4BR that locks off into two 2BRs.

That amount for a 4BR is an absolute steal! Especially if you can lock it off.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
The regal vista 4 bedroom isn’t that far off and you can lock that off as well. In points the regal vista 4bd is worth 178K RCI points

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maybe we should start a MF stickey for our new subforrum? My MF next year for a 4BR Massanutten Woodstone Luxury that locks off is $899. It is a red week that pulls 137,000 points (both sides combined) in RCI. @CPNY is getting a better ratio at Regal Vistas. I believe at this point VV has the three resorts I know of with the best MF/Points ratio in the RCI Points system.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Maybe we should start a MF stickey for our new subforrum? My MF next year for a 4BR Massanutten Woodstone Luxury that locks off is $899. It is a red week that pulls 137,000 points (both sides combined) in RCI. @CPNY is getting a better ratio at Regal Vistas. I believe at this point VV has the three resorts I know of with the best MF/Points ratio in the RCI Points system.
I’d agree, regal, woodstone, and Grandview. My concern is the RV MF rising. Aren’t the regal vista homes fairly new?

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I’d agree, regal, woodstone, and Grandview. My concern is the RV MF rising. Aren’t the regal vista homes fairly new?

Fairly new, but Massanutten does not appear to have a reputation for high increases on MFs. Woodstone is not new, and Regal Vistas MFs appear to be inline with it (a little higher as one would expect for more relative luxury).

I believe the Colonies may now be #2 (that I know of) on the MF/RCI Points ratio list. I guess that would give VV the top 4 I have seen discussed here on TUG in recent times.

Last edited:

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Fairly new, but Massanutten does not appear to have a reputation for high increases on MFs. Woodstone is not new, and Regal Vistas MFs appear to be inline with it (a little higher as one would expect for more luxury).

I believe the Colonies may now be #2 (that I know of) on the MF/RCI Points ratio list. I guess that would give VV the top 4 I have seen discussed here on TUG in recent times.
Vacation village is a great ownership in the RCI system, Next to Wyndham?

TamaraQT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village
Woodstone
The Colonies
Interesting. I would want it as a trader as well being that it is so low in the MF! I hear it pulls nice inventory. It may be on par with SDO which is another great trader but has a higher Maint fee.
@TamaraQT is still waiting for her colonies resale to transfer I believe. BTW, Any word on that Tamara?
@CPNY I am still waiting for an official transfer. Evidently the deed was recorded in James City records BEFORE it passed the ROFR. From my understanding, the resort has approved the transfer. However I haven't received my official paperwork or welcome package/acknowledgement yet. I reached out to the person who they said is responsible for this final step(via email and voicemail), and I have yet to hear anything. Resort Transfer Group has provided me with proof that they have done all they can. They even sent the transfer fee into the resort. The resort is claiming they sent it back because they can't collect until it passes ROFR. So I have no idea where that stands.......

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Resort transfer group is terrible. They used to be resort sales group I believe and after a few scathing issues with tuggers they rebranded themselves. Seems they are up to the same BULL..... they promised me a unit then told me they weren’t going to sell it to me at the negotiated price because “the boss wanted to get more on eBay for it”. They are terrible.

TamaraQT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village
Woodstone
The Colonies
Resort transfer group is terrible. They used to be resort sales group I believe and after a few scathing issues with tuggers they rebranded themselves. Seems they are up to the same BULL..... they promised me a unit then told me they weren’t going to sell it to me at the negotiated price because “the boss wanted to get more on eBay for it”. They are terrible.
Personally I would be VERY VERY hesitant to do business with them ever again. I know you gave me a heads up when I told you I put in a bid on one of their eBay listings. It was too late at that point but I won't ever do business with them again. Not intentionally anyway.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Personally I would be VERY VERY hesitant to do business with them ever again. I know you gave me a heads up when I told you I put in a bid on one of their eBay listings. It was too late at that point but I won't ever do business with them again. Not intentionally anyway.
Aha I’m glad you remember I told you be careful with them, they are shoddy. It will work out but as you can see, you have to basically be your own transfer agent. They may have to help set up the RCI account though.

TamaraQT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village
Woodstone
The Colonies
Aha I’m glad you remember I told you be careful with them, they are shoddy. It will work out but as you can see, you have to basically be your own transfer agent. They may have to help set up the RCI account though.
You know I truly appreciate and value your advice. You definitely warned me. But the best part is you continue to stand by and support me as I take on this transfer challenge. Thank you for all you do!!! :)

NiteMaire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies

We own there. MF was $879 this year. We haven't converted to points, and don't intend to based on the trades we've been able to get (below).
It is a steal, and you can lock it off into 2 2BR units.
Interesting. I would want it as a trader as well being that it is so low in the MF! I hear it pulls nice inventory.
Nice may be an understatement...here are the II trades we’ve been able to get with 2BR LO units since 2016:
[Edited: Here are the actual trades. I'll go slower next time since I had included trades from other units in my original post. My sincerest apologies. I've sorted them by location.]
2017​
Marriott’s Ko Olina Beach Club​
1​
Oct​
Hawaii​
II​
2017​
Studio​
Nov​
Hawaii​
II​
2019​
Studio​
Sep​
Hawaii​
II​
2020​
Marriott’s Waiohai Beach Club​
2​
July​
Hawaii​
II​
2020​
Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort North​
Studio​
Oct​
Hawaii​
II​
2019​
Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas​
1​
Sep​
Hawaii​
II​
2018​
Westin Nanea Ocean Resort Villas​
2​
Aug​
Hawaii​
II​
2017​
Westin Princeville Ocean Resort​
1​
Dec​
Hawaii​
II​
2020​
Westin Princeville Ocean Resort​
1​
May​
Hawaii​
II​
2018​
Hilton Bay Club (required 4BR for TPUs)​
2​
Aug​
Hawaii​
RCI​
2018​
Hilton Kohala Suites​
2​
Aug​
Hawaii​
SFX​
2019​
The Cliffs Club​
1​
Apr​
Hawaii​
II​
2020​
Point at Poipu​
2​
May​
Hawaii​
SFX​
2020​
Lawai Beach Resort – Banyan Bldg​
2​
July​
Hawaii​
II​
2018​
Kona Coast Resort Phase II​
1​
Aug​
Hawaii​
II​
2020​
Hyatt High Sierra Lodge​
2​
Feb​
Lake Tahoe​
II​
2017​
Grand Luxxe NV​
3​
Sep​
Mexico​
II​
2017​
Grand Luxxe NV​
2​
Apr​
Mexico​
II​
2018​
Grand Luxxe NV​
4​
Sep​
Mexico​
II​
2018​
Grand Luxxe NV​
3​
Sep​
Mexico​
II​
2017​
Grand Luxxe RM​
2​
Aug​
Mexico​
II​
2018​
Grand Luxxe RM​
3​
May​
Mexico​
II​
2017​
Hacienda Encantada Resort & Spa​
2​
July​
Mexico​
II​

Superb trader!

Last edited:

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
Fairly new, but Massanutten does not appear to have a reputation for high increases on MFs. Woodstone is not new, and Regal Vistas MFs appear to be inline with it (a little higher as one would expect for more relative luxury).
Those low increases seem to be standard for VV. When we purchased at what is now VV @ Williamsburg, MFs stayed the same for several years.
MFs at Colonies have either stayed the same or had a relatively low increase since 2014. Here's what I was able find for MFs (including taxes--$60/yr):
2014: $759
2015: $759 (0%)
2016: $795 ($36 - 4.74%)
2017: $824 ($29 - 3.65%)
2018: $855 ($31 - 3.76%)
2019: $879 ($24 - 2.81%)
2020: $879 (0%)
2021: $879 (0%)

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
We own there. MF was $879 this year. We haven't converted to points, and don't intend to based on the trades we've been able to get (below).

It is a steal, and you can lock it off into 2 2BR units.

Nice may be an understatement...here are the II trades we’ve been able to get with 2BR LO units since 2016:

Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club - studio x2, 1BR
Marriott's Waiahai Beach Club - 2BR x2
Marriott's Frenchman's Cove - 2BR
Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas - 1BR x2
Westin Nanea Ocean Resort Villas - 2BR
Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas - judge, 1BR
Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort North - studio
Marriott's Newport Coast Villas - 2BR
Marriott's Grand Residence - 1BR
Marriott's Cypress Harbour – 2BR x3
Marriott's Grande Vista - 2BR, 3BR
Hyatt High Sierra Lodge - 2BR Prime ski week
DRI Point at Poipu 2BR
Grand Luxxe Riveria Maya and Nuevo Vallarta - 2BR, 3BR, 4BR
Las Residencias Golf & Beach Club - 3BR
Kona Coast - 2BR, 1BR
Lawai Beach Resort Banyan Building - 2BR
Hacienda Encantada Resort and Spa - 2BR

We've also traded via RCI (Hilton Bay Club) and SFX (DRI Point at Poipu, Hilton Kohala Suites, Kauai Beach Villas).

Superb trader!
But people reading this should keep in mind that the non Orlando exchanges were probably done in shoulder or off season, not at the height of the most popular season(s). The few deposits that get made in the most popular times at popular resorts, get nabbed by those with Marriott and Vistana preference. The ones that are without preference, it is possible to snag premium season exchanges if they are deposited in II.

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
But people reading this should keep in mind that the non Orlando exchanges were probably done in shoulder or off season, not at the height of the most popular season(s).
[ETA] We're very flexible on travel so we've traded all seasons. When we get the itch to travel, I obsessively check II until I find a resort/destination we'd like to visit. I realize others don't have the same flexibility as we do. Interestingly enough, we have never used OGS for any of our trades. There are great trades to be had even when not part of systems with preferences. Then again, we purchased Marriott and Vistana so we can get the better units/weeks within those systems, but I didn't include any of those trades above. [/ETA]

I edited my above post to include the months, and I removed my comments to avoid any (additional) confusion.

Last edited:

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I've only had my Colonies and VV Williamsburg for a few years, but with them I've gotten the following for exchanges:

Colonies 2 BR halves of a 4 BR LO (through II)-
Vista Encantada 3 BR x2
Hacienda Encantada 2 BR
Westin Los Cabos
Grand Luxxe NV 3 BR Punta

VV Williamsburg 2 BR halves of a 4 BR LO (through RCI Platinum) -
Residences at Hacienda Encantada 2 BR

I've got a few weeks left deposited in II that I haven't exchanged yet and more to come....

TamaraQT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village
Woodstone
The Colonies
I am hoping my week #33 gets transferred at the Colonies soon. As most of you know I mainly got it to use for trades to Orlando. It looks like this is more confirmation that an II membership will get me in places that I my Woodstone with RCI cannot. If all goes as expected, I hope to be happy with my Colonies purchase. My Woodstone may go to my son. In that case, "technically" I will still have access to use it.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disclosure: I am not the seller, do not know who is, and have no financial stake in this. [If I did I would use my credits and list it on TUG.]

Massanutten Woodstone 4BR prime summer red weeks enrolled in RCI Points are a rare find. I keep an eye out and see one sell on eBay at the rate of less than one a year. There is a week 28 for sale now on one of the major sites (the name of the site is a color and a measure of 7 days) at a reasonable price. I cannot vouch for anything about it. I own a week 29. Mine yields 137,000 RCI Points annually for a 2021 MF of $920.

Update: The Broker managing it confirmed it is in RCI points and pulls down 137k per year.

Last edited: