• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Renting DVC points

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
I am relatively new to DVC. I have 116 points that expire May 31st that I would like to rent. For those more experienced do you have any suggestions for me on how I can best go about doing that?

Thank you!

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
I have rented (actually did transfers into my DVC account) from other DVC members multiple times over the years. I found my point transfers on the Disboards dvc rent/trade board. Read up on their rules if you go that route. Good luck.

Reactions: RX8

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
David's always gets mentioned, probably for good reason. But when I rented my points, I used The DVC Rental Store, with great results. And it was very easy to do. If you decide to go with a broker, check them both out. It would be interesting to see how they compare.

Last edited:

tomvc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I signed an intermediary agreement with David's at the beginning of December and didn't get anything from them. I listed on Disboards at end of January and rented most of my points in two weeks.

JulieAB

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lifetime in Hawaii, Disney's Grand Californian
I recommend booking a couple weekends in studios if you can find it, especially memorial day weekend. I rented a weekend out super fast on redweek and rented points on TUG too. I've done disboards, but it didn't seem as easy.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you can book any high demand weekends right now, I'd do that first and then try to rent those. Otherwise, you can rent/transfer your points but you'll have a lot of lookyloos wanting you to check on reservations for them, which will be difficult based on the short expiration. Advertise for free on Disboards and Mouseowners and Tug marketplace. Make sure you read the rules carefully before you post. Mouseowners takes a bit to post and they won't post your ad if anything isn't exactly right. So, I'd get on that right away.

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
The DISboards DVC Rent/Trade board is pretty active, but if you’re not a regular participant there and don’t have enough posts or otherwise meet certain criteria, you have to pay a fee to post there. OTOH, you get to charge the same as the brokers do but you keep all the money instead of giving them some. So I agree with checking out the brokers, looking at booking specific dates and trying to rent a confirmed reservation, etc.

FYI there are a lot of confirmed bookings posted on the brokers’ sites by renters who decided not to travel and are trying to recoup part of their cost by offering their confirmed booking at a discount (the price gets lower as the date of checkin approaches). So you might have a lot of competition for a confirmed reservation but might find an owner who wants a transfer so that they can have control of the points themselves.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Some good news (for me) is that I have another option that means I do not need to rent the points. I truly appreciate everyone's advice and will be able to use the info next time. Thanks!

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great to hear, @RX8.

For future reference: based on subsequent comments above, if I were to do it again, I would definitely use The DVC Rental Store. With them, it was easy. Instead of you looking for a tenant, they find the tenant first and let you pick which renter you want.

In my case, I had 200 points at BCV to rent out. On their website (after creating an account with them), I went to the 'rentals wanted' listings for BCV - there were a ton of requests - and chose a listing for 200 points that someone wanted to rent. The DVC Rental Store contacted me the next day, and after obtaining confirmation/guest info from the renter and double-checking BCV availability, asked me to contact DVC Member Services and make the reservation. The company handled pretty much everything after that. As I recall, I was paid 75% upfront with a signed rental agreement and 25% when the renter checked in.

I'm not connected to them in any way, but I was just very impressed with their model.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None
I am relatively new to DVC. I have [edited] that I would like to rent. For those more experienced do you have any suggestions for me on how I can best go about doing that?

Thank you!
[Moderator Note: I'm sorry but rental/sale ads are not permitted in the TUG public forums; this thread has been edited to remove any details that can be construed to read as an ad. Your question can be asked in a private message, though - hover over the poster's TUG name and click on, "Start conversation."]

Last edited by a moderator: