• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

System updates? Points protection, reCaptcha, etc

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
While I'm in the mood, here's another annoyance. When a discount ended in May 2020, isn't it time to take it down from the website?
Are you referring to the promotional pages for those discounts? I agree. Been meaning to mention something about that. I'll put it on the list.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I'm referring to this one specifically but there are a lot more.

Search

Search
Results 1 - 10 of 659 for Club Wyndham Emerald Grande at Destin

Club Wyndham Emerald Grande at Destin
Destin, FL Club Wyndham Emerald Grande at Destin OFFER DETAILS Destin, FL Club Wyndham Emerald Grande at Destin OFFER DETAILS Take advantage of a 35% points discount on all all suites at Club Wyndham Emerald Grande at Destin. [FPO] Travel Window: May 16 - May 31, 2020 Offer Expires: May 31, 2020 Resort Info: FPO 35% POINTS DISCOUNT The retail value of this package may depend on room availability, additional feature(s) and travel dates selected. If your package is purchased between January 1st and May 15th, travel must be completed by December 31st of the current calendar year. If your

On your list, tell them that if an owner responds to their survey, turn off the pop-ups! Stop asking to do the same survey.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
While I'm in the mood, here's another annoyance. When a discount ended in May 2020, isn't it time to take it down from the website?
Actually, I cannot seem to find one at the moment. I searched Panama city, which I know has an active sale, but it didn't pop up in the search results. Only the actual resort page showed up. Maybe they are not including promotional pages in search results.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I'm referring to this one specifically but there are a lot more.

Search

Search
Results 1 - 10 of 659 for Club Wyndham Emerald Grande at Destin

Club Wyndham Emerald Grande at Destin
Destin, FL Club Wyndham Emerald Grande at Destin OFFER DETAILS Destin, FL Club Wyndham Emerald Grande at Destin OFFER DETAILS Take advantage of a 35% points discount on all all suites at Club Wyndham Emerald Grande at Destin. [FPO] Travel Window: May 16 - May 31, 2020 Offer Expires: May 31, 2020 Resort Info: FPO 35% POINTS DISCOUNT The retail value of this package may depend on room availability, additional feature(s) and travel dates selected. If your package is purchased between January 1st and May 15th, travel must be completed by December 31st of the current calendar year. If your

On your list, tell them that if an owner responds to their survey, turn off the pop-ups! Stop asking to do the same survey.
Thank you for that. Added to the list.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Just a suggestion. Instead of typing out the same parroted line over and over, put it in the signature. That way, literally every single post will have that same parroted line. It would be a real timesaver.

View attachment 32762

That would only work if there was something else being posted.

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Thank you for that. Added to the list.

Yes, on almost any search of a resort name the first two hits will be a link to an (expired) promotional discount page, and a link to the actual resort page. It seems like they forgot to exclude the non-active pages from their search results.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Yes, on almost any search of a resort name the first two hits will be a link to an (expired) promotional discount page, and a link to the actual resort page. It seems like they forgot to exclude the non-active pages from their search results.

It looks like they did recently because some of the ones I saw in the past were no longer there. Even some of the active ones I checked didn’t show up in the search results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
As a VIP it is a bit disheartening to see the discounts now available. I understand Wyndham is trying to fill the rooms, but doesn't it devalue VIP when you offer some pretty nice discounts (that would only benefit a resale owner)?

I considered booking Panama City for next week with a 35% discount, but didn't because of the temperature forecast.
After spending 6 1/2 weeks in south Florida with temperatures 70 - 85 degrees, we didn't want to settle for 65 degrees with a cold breeze from the south. Even Daytona forecast is 75 degrees.

The basic problem is Wyndham set point values too high in the panhandle for this season considering the temperature. There are much better values in Myrtle Beach for 60 degree weather. A discount is necessary to attract booking.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I booked a bunch of 3BR units at Emerald Grande for February and early March. Every one was an upgrade from a 1BR Deluxe unit or there's no way I would have booked it.

Similarly, I booked quite a few 2BR Presidential units at Panama City Beach, all upgrades from Studio LL units. I have some more Studio LL units in April and I think into May, waiting/hoping for upgrades. If not, I can always cancel!

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
My Chrome browser is working without having to clear it. Call me stubborn. I do have to pick all those annoying pictures when using Safari, I only have to click the checkbox in chrome.

And.. how good is reCAPTCHA for stopping bots if it's only on the login page? I almost hate to say that, I really don't want it when booking. However, I really don't want bots either. I don't see this being terribly effective, only annoying to anyone logging in, and perhaps giving some a false sense of security.
I agree sooo very very annoying.

CCdad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Looks like they updated the information pop up on the points protection insurance screen to remove the old PPI rates. It now just shows the $149 flat rate per reservation.

northovr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't give them any Ideas! I hear the sales are auditing accounts and monitoring social media now. Be careful what you wish for.
you think where did you hear this

sincerly
Daniel Northover