• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

BC man drives stranded American family to Alaska border!

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
An American woman had loaded up her pickup and attached a large U-Haul trailer to it. She and her two children were trying to reunite with her husband, who is serving with the US military in Alaska. Even though the US/Canada border is closed, she was permitted to enter Canada under the exemption allowing Americans to transit between Alaska and the lower 48.

Unfortunately she picked the wrong time of year to do this. The Alaska Highway is a challenging drive at the best of times. In winter conditions it requires some real skill and experience. She was from Georgia and had never driven in snow before this! She quickly realized she was in over her head. Fortunately a good Samaritan with a heart of gold came to her rescue. All's well that ends well.

All I can say is, Gary Bath you are an amazing individual and you did yourself proud!!! What a guy! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Tank

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV South Beach Myrtle Beach
HICV Lake Geneva
HICV Gatlinburg
HICV Orange Lake Kissemee
Awesome!
what a guy

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great story and not surprised. Hopefully he gets tested or quarantines for 14 days.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Yeah Canada!!. We are always so polite and helpful, (well most of the time.)

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
Yeah Canada!!. We are always so polite and helpful, (well most of the time.)
You've never worn an Oilers Jersey to the Saddledome I take it. :LOL:

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +

BingoBangoBongo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Elara, Kings Land, Valdoro Mountain, the District
Being Canadian I’d expect he’d apologize for not getting her there quicker. Great story and even though I live in an area that gets plenty of snow that drive must be in a league of its own.